DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mavic Air Compass Error fix

Thanks a lot for this FIX!, I've been trying to find a fix, I could tell the sensor was ok because it reacted to the metal screwdriver. THANKS AGAIN!!!:)Thumbswayup

Ok, so now I'm back with the same efing compass error, except now the compass readings in Sensors State are in the low end of the Green and almost NEVER go to yellow. But the app says it needs a calibration. Any help would be deeply appreciated. As soon as I get it fixed, I'm going to sell it and stick with my M1P. It's rock solid and NEVER asks for a compass calibration, ever!

Ok, so now I'm back with the same efing compass error, except now the compass readings in Sensors State are in the low end of the Green and almost NEVER go to yellow. But the app says it needs a calibration. Any help would be deeply appreciated. As soon as I get it fixed, I'm going to sell it and stick with my M1P. It's rock solid and NEVER asks for a compass calibration, ever!

If the sensor readings are in the green then it's going to be based on something other than interference or bad calibration. Did you do a calibration?

If the sensor readings are in the green then it's going to be based on something other than interference or bad calibration. Did you do a calibration?
Yes, several with no luck. Then a couple hours later I tried again, from the exact same location and didn't get the calibration error. So, now I don't know what the deal is. I'm considering replacing the compass module. But I also think it could be the app, who knows!? I do have a M1P that will take off from the same spot everytime with no interferance issues, ever. Weird!

Yes, several with no luck. Then a couple hours later I tried again, from the exact same location and didn't get the calibration error. So, now I don't know what the deal is. I'm considering replacing the compass module. But I also think it could be the app, who knows!? I do have a M1P that will take off from the same spot everytime with no interferance issues, ever. Weird!

You mean the calibration failed, or it succeeded but you still got a compass error message?

Yes, several with no luck. Then a couple hours later I tried again, from the exact same location and didn't get the calibration error. So, now I don't know what the deal is. I'm considering replacing the compass module. But I also think it could be the app, who knows!? I do have a M1P that will take off from the same spot everytime with no interfeerance issues, ever. Weird!

My mini calls for calibration more often than I'm used to with my other quads, but once it is done, it's good at least for the duration of the session. I think this is what is unclear and SAR is trying to clarify.

You mean the calibration failed, or it succeeded but you still got a compass error message?
It Fails, but the Sensor Reading is in the green in the app, but still requires calibration & won't allow the AC to take off.

UPDATE:
I replaced the compass module & the IMU, problem solved.

Reactions: Rog42
It Fails, but the Sensor Reading is in the green in the app, but still requires calibration & won't allow the AC to take off.

UPDATE:
I replaced the compass module & the IMU, problem solved.

Does the compass indicate direction correctly if you manually rotate the aircraft?

How did you replace the camera module? a) Ebay purchase and warranty void, or b)send in to repair facility?

c) If, how much was the replacement and how hard the repair job?

Hello to all those frustrated Mavic Air compass error people. I want to share with you all my experience with the never ending “compass error” story. Well I have had many very interesting discussions with DJI support and they all wanted me to send it to be repaired. To top it all off I purchased the MA in Santiago Chile and I work all over the world and when it started giving me compass errors all the time and got to a point where it would not calibrate at all. So I either had to send it back to Chile at my cost or I had to take into a DJI repair center near me, again at my cost. So there were some very vocal conversations to DJI support about the matter and their non international warranty coverage. Anyway I kept on doing my own research (stubborn LOL) and I stumbled across this Youtube video
(a big thanks goes to Alirus for posting the video alirus) which gave me an idea. If it works on the Phantom why can’t it work on the MA. I used my Apple IWatch charger to mess up the compass which is located in the top back corner. As soon as I powered up the MA it asked me to calibrate the compass and yep I said OMG it did not fix it, it has made it worse. I did the drone dance and hey presto it picked up satellites and did not give me any errors. I have flown it 5 times now in different locations and not once has it asked me to calibrate the compass before a flight. So to all those frustrated MA pilots or other DJI Drone pilots give it a go you have nothing to lose plenty to gain. I love my MA again but before it was going to be smashed yes totally smashed. Please share this as it is a life saver well a MA saver. It is a shame that DJI don’t tell you about this. They would rather you send it in to them to do the same trip but charge a fortune. Same as the CFixer don’t waste your money. This worked for me but don’t blame me if it doesn’t work for you. Try this at your own risk. I hope this helps some of the frustrated Mavic Air Piolits out there....
I wonder if the AC voltages coming off the apple power supply acted like a degausser? A device that also uses alternating current to produce alternating magnetic forces to demagetise objects?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun