DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My Mount Solution to the 5.5" CrystalSky

Just what I was looking for ordered one to try. Where can I get those thumb screws?

I used screws from server racks. I had them for a while now. I'm sure the nearest OSH, Home Depot, or Lowes will have them.

I'd love to order one but am in Hong Kong and won't be able to find the mounting screws - any ideas ?

It was discussed over on RC groups. That's what everyone came up with. And actually it's in the CS manual as well.

Reactions: TopQuark
It was discussed over on RC groups

Ad nauseam.

That's why I'm here, I stopped reading the RCG CS thread when what I thought was a good question about something else was quickly buried under four pages of posts about a bolt actually described in the bloody manual.

Last edited:
I mavicguyvered a mount for my 7.8 with the DJI bracket and some 25mm laminated MDF I had laying around, it velcro mounts to a phone sized plate that goes into the clamps or a board I can have on my lap/table.

Also have an Evolution3D mount and it's great as it lets you mount the CS above the RC, but the CS won't fit in my tablet bag with the bottom piece attached and I don't want to unscrew it every time. I might give the LifThor a go as it seems to fill both requirements.

View media item 1201

Last edited:
Did you make it yourself? Or, is it available for purchase? I am a bit disenchanted with the Mavmount and jumped on that bandwagon too soon. I realized to late that I can't fit it all in the Mavic Fly More bag, and secondly that a screwdriver is required to mount and dismount the CS.
I put my mavmount in the side pocket for the shoulder bag... even though that thing is barely big enough for the mavic itself. I always assumed you'd leave the bracket on, unscrew it with a couple turns rather than keep taking the plate off. I dont think DJI thought it through not having a standard 1/4-20 mount on there.

Awesome! This is exactly what I was thinking the a CS mount should be! I was actually going to make something along these lines myself. You saved me the time -Thank You

Received the bracket from Shapeways yesterday. Perfect. Located the knurled screws on Amazon (no luck at Home Depot/Ace Hardware etc).
Test flew with the CrystalSky and boy is it amazing. THANKS!

Received the bracket from Shapeways yesterday. Perfect. Located the knurled screws on Amazon (no luck at Home Depot/Ace Hardware etc).
Test flew with the CrystalSky and boy is it amazing. THANKS!

I'm glad you like it. Can you share the link to the knurled screws for everybody's info?

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it. Can you share the link to the knurled screws for everybody's info?
Here's the Amazon Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005RTCYP8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Description: 303 Stainless Steel Thumb Screw, Plain Finish, Knurled Head, 11mm Length, Fully Threaded, M5-0.8 Metric Coarse Threads
These are stainless steel and bit expensive ($18.11 for pkg of 5 Amazon Prime)
Home Depot will have hex-head screws the same size for about 1/4 the price, but for my arthritic hands I preferred the knurled thumb screw.
See pictures attached.

Attachments

• Knurled Thumb Screws_1.jpg
    Knurled Thumb Screws_1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 82
  • Knurled Thumb Screws_2.jpg
    Knurled Thumb Screws_2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 86
  • HexHead Screws via HomeDepot.jpg
    HexHead Screws via HomeDepot.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 77