DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

My second video - Hate, love or just a grey in between

In the opening scene everything above the horizon is completely white and without any definition. Flying into the sun can create a dramatic effect but it has caused the rest of the forest to be too dark like at the :40 sec mark, That should be a little lighter like the downward scene right after where you can see the detail of the trees more clearly. Consider turning on your histogram and understanding how it works and also consider turning on the overexposure warning as well. There is also a feature that shows red lines on objects when they are in good focus. I find that helpful too. These are all camera settings. Its a good video, I like the soundtrack and did just fine I just think a couple shots are under and over exposed. Flying with the sun at your back is always easier to get good video.

In the opening scene everything above the horizon is completely white and without any definition. Flying into the sun can create a dramatic effect but it has caused the rest of the forest to be too dark like at the :40 sec mark, That should be a little lighter like the downward scene right after where you can see the detail of the trees more clearly. Consider turning on your histogram and understanding how it works and also consider turning on the overexposure warning as well. There is also a feature that shows red lines on objects when they are in good focus. I find that helpful too. These are all camera settings. Its a good video, I like the soundtrack and did just fine I just think a couple shots are under and over exposed. Flying with the sun at your back is always easier to get good video.

Hi I.conffield Thanks again, appreciate you took the time to specify, it helps me to zoom in the things that can be better.
Regarding the shot direct into the sun needs practice :)

Thanks again
Jacob

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
The bridge scène was very cool [emoji106]....for the other one i would kept the sun behind the drone[emoji6].keep on the good work

Reactions: Boesby
The comments on the video so far are good but guy that music come on its awe full. First thing I did was shut the sound off. Music can make or break a movie or short video real quick.

The comments on the video so far are good but guy that music come on its awe full. First thing I did was shut the sound off. Music can make or break a movie or short video real quick.

YES.... Video is GREAT! Music is a BIG NO

Tha
Thanks for the feedback ... I can see
more of you get hard feelings in a bad way about the music, did not expect that. That is why it is good to hear some feedback from people I do not know. It is the first time I have hear that comment, but I will for sure think about it. Thanks a lot.

Have a great day
Cheers
Jacob

One common issue I have with seeing drone videos is people seem to repeat the same scenery at different angles at different times in the video. You did that a little with the bridge scene. I know when you have a lot of good footage of a particular shot its hard to decide which one to use. It just gets a little old to see the same scene repeated multiple times. Your video didn't do this too much because the video is quite short but I've seen some videos where they'll show a beach scene, then a jungle scene, then go back to the same beach but different angle, then go to a village scene, then go back again to the beach. Other than that the bridge scene was very nicely done.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78