DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Name

Bitrootvz

Reactions
If you have bought a used mavic and the previous owner gave it a name that shows up in the flight log, how do you change it. Mine is apparently called swoop and I think it should be crashNberny

After connecting your drone to DJI GO, you can change the name in the "General Settings" section of DJI GO.

That's quite funny, hope your future is better. Welcome by the way this is a good group of guys n probably girls too somewhere.

Ok so related question. Are you guys aware of the remote identification that goes out with your signal? It’s suppose to allow law enforcement to track a rogue drone pilot. I think it defaults to your drones name and I think it’s kinda funny when people call their drone “(Pilots name)’s Mavic” because then everybody knows who’s drone is flying up there.

I’ve named my drone “DHS Training Vehicle 1asgh-th738-6788-68939.” I realize it’s not gonna throw anybody in the know off but I figure it just might make them hesitate just long enough for me to get away lol

I believe that it is an optional feature at this stage to enter personal information.
Mine is on with my name and ARN.
Untitled.jpg

I heard of this. They will hon in to the UAV and ID it to the owner. And people are going ape poo when I say flight logs will be monitored live soon. :\

We can help stop this by using the power of the dollar. Staying I'm denial just kills us all down the road.

Yeah, this shouldn't/won't worry any law abiding DJI operator.
Authorities are trying to get other manufacturers to comply as well.... who know's?

Reactions: Turn11
Yeah, this shouldn't/won't worry any law abiding DJI operator.
Authorities are trying to get other manufacturers to comply as well.... who know's?
Law abiding. Say that loosely please. We are all law abiding car operators and we all get tickets too. You wait and see how restrictive it's going to get. It will destroy the drone hobbyist. Only big companies will be able to afford to fly.

You are of course wrong, yet again. But I have had enough of your constant dribble all over this forum. Goodbye.

You are of course wrong, yet again. But I have had enough of your constant dribble all over this forum. Goodbye.
You are entitled to your opinion but still hold firm on my thoughts. Give it time, drone regulations change quickly. And the more irresponsible accidents happen... The faster the regulations. Thnk you for participating in the convo.

Guy's lets not let this get arguminitive .
Simmo you know where the ignore button is and Trollistike from looking at your history
from my side and reading your post I think you picked a good name for yourself .
I will leave this open for the OP but if it starts back up I will deal with it .

Simmo you know where the ignore button is and Trollistike from looking at your history
from my side and reading your post I think you picked a good name for yourself .
I will leave this open for the OP but if it starts back up I will deal with it .
I have ignored him bud, I dont see any more of his crap... All Good!

Hey Dirkclod, I'm new and exploring this new world of drones. I have a thick skin and ignore the subletle jabs thrown at me for just expressing my views and concerns. I always encourage people to voice out their pros and cons. But I'll be even more respectful since it's rubbing certain people the wrong way. And THANK YOU for advising them to just click the ignore button! Not everyone agrees with their viewpoints! This should be grounds for free thinking and expression about this hobby, not a ring for personal attacks.

Highly suggest you do .

If you have bought a used mavic and the previous owner gave it a name that shows up in the flight log, how do you change it. Mine is apparently called swoop and I think it should be crashNberny
Here is another related piece of good information. I recently received a new or refurbished MPP from DJI. I thought it would be a good idea to pick up stickers and place the FAA number on the drone that came with my FAA 107 registration. As it turns out, the original MPP serial number registered with the FAA could not be updated with the new/refurbished MPP serial number. I needed to register again and pay the $5 fee. According the FAA, all drones need to display their registration number. It’s also a good idea to put your name and phone number on the drone in case it goes down when your not flying VLOS.

Attachments

• AEE3EB84-12AB-418E-9C4D-F27B70D2AA9B.jpeg
    AEE3EB84-12AB-418E-9C4D-F27B70D2AA9B.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cht6688