DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need advice for IPad

Last edited:
I pad mini 4 is definitely a great option but look into Crystal skyline as well. The only drawback for this is that it does not support 3rd party apps. You can opt run DJI go 4 app.

69cba07b8e474cd098cc09a00b1f4fd7.jpg

iPad Pro 12.9 mounted below spotting scope. A clamp on sun umbrella helps with reflections. I use this setup at home and use an iPhone 7 on location.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pablo
Time to change the iPhone 7 Plus for an IPad.

But which one ? Some many posts, google search, DJI....

What I am sure :

128go
Wifi AND cellular

The issue is which size ??? The mini 7.9 ? Or the iPad 9.7 ?

I will purchase the mount from thorsdrone which fits both. And a sun hood from PGY.

Any advice, experience, pictures are very welcome !!

Thanks Pilots !
I have a iPad mini with version 10.3.3 and have no problems,I fly my magic pro and Phantom 3 pro off the same app..plus the mini takes less room and does great..
thank you all
thomas

I got an iPad 3, didn't work with a lot of the programs I wanted it to. I have the newest one now, and not only does it work with GS Pro, but it's a great tablet.

iPad mini will be lighter, I have tried both, prefer the mini, only issue for me is screen brightness is not great ! Going to try the wife's S7 to see if that's any brighter. Have to have cellular otherwise follow me will not work, as for storage, get a lightning to USB transfer stick, save your money and just transfer over frequently!!

iPad mini will be lighter, I have tried both, prefer the mini, only issue for me is screen brightness is not great ! Going to try the wife's S7 to see if that's any brighter. Have to have cellular otherwise follow me will not work, as for storage, get a lightning to USB transfer stick, save your money and just transfer over frequently!!
You don't need cellular for Follow Me, you need GPS. If you're using something like the Galaxy S7, you would have GPS even if you did not have a cell plan on it. The iPad Mini, on the other hand, has built-in GPS only in the WiFi+Cellular version. You could get a WiFi only Mini and add GPS via an external device, such as the Bluetooth GPS devices from Garmin or Bad Elf.

iPad mini 4 with cellular. I dont have a simcard. Downloading Maps at Home. Works perfect, no issues at all. Works perfect!
Are you loading DJI maps or another app? How big of an area are you downloading? I've got an iPad Pro 32g Wifi and some of the geo that I go into isn't accessible by either cell (hotspot) or Wifi. Any input would be great.

Time to change the iPhone 7 Plus for an IPad.

But which one ? Some many posts, google search, DJI....

What I am sure :

128go
Wifi AND cellular

The issue is which size ??? The mini 7.9 ? Or the iPad 9.7 ?

I will purchase the mount from thorsdrone which fits both. And a sun hood from PGY.

Any advice, experience, pictures are very welcome !!

Thanks Pilots !
I use an iPad Mini 4 and the issue I have had is that attempting to record screen with Litchi, there is jerkiness and lag.

iPad mini 4 without a doubt. Portability with a generously sized screen. Get cell enabled for maximum usability (worth it) and storage wise 128gb can be nice if you plan to cache video and images for awhile without worrying about consuming space (also worth it). He unfortunate thing is apple will probably release a mini 5 sometime in the near future so yea.. my two cents

Reactions: tony56shooter
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun