DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Need Log Files - I'm writing a Maintenance and Flight tracker

garethshaw

Reactions
Hi all

I hope it's ok to post here. I've just bought a Mavic Pro Platinum myself and I waiting for it to arrive. I hope it is ok for me to post the following, I don't want to break any rules, I just need some help.

So, the reason for this post is that I'm building a web based system, which will turn into an App for Android and Phone, which is, in some ways similar to AirData UAV however more comprehensive, covering all makes and manufacturers and with more business features.

I used to work for a commercial drone company and we as a company couldn't find a product that would allow us to track anything, this was 5 years ago. So, I wrote one. now I'm looking to write a more comprehensive version and the public, where businesses will support the project financially, allowing hobby users access to the advanced tools for a very low cost, again, like AirData UAV.

The aim is to create a system that can monitor the health of not just the battery, but track wear and tear on every element of the aircraft down to the second, predict failures, help create risk assessments for business use, track qualifications, flight hours, track multiple pilots and aircraft, allow pilot data to move between companies however stay linked to the pilot, so that they remain legally compliant and much, much more. If you have any suggestions please let me know.

I'm getting to the beta stage now, however would really like to get hold of as many flight log files as possible, for as many different makes, models, sizes and shapes of UAV as possible. I'd especially love to get hold of a series of log files leading up and including failures by either the pilot or aircraft, which either lead to a crash or recovery, in a hope that I can use AI to glean an insight into what happened with the aircraft and help predict if it would happen again or will affect other users.

Please get in touch if you'd like to help out or want to find out more.

As a thank you, you'll have access during development, and once I launch, everyone that helps will get full access for least a year for free.

Thank you all
Gareth

Hi Gareth, Just came across this post and was surprised that there wasn't more uptake on it. I found it as I'm going through the drafting process required by CASA (the Australian aviation authority responsible for licensing and safety) to obtain a commercial operator's certificate. This includes logging flights and producing a maintenance schedule. How are you going with developing your app and is your intention for it to be international, US, or for another specific country? If you'd like me to pull out the CASA-specific requirements for commercial ops, I'd be happy to send them to you.

I'll be more then happy to supply flight logs from a Mavic Pro and a Spark please email me at [email protected]

The plan is to start with the UK then build in other countries, next up being the US, Canada and Australia. I’m no specific order.

Whilst there is a product called AirData UAV it’s limited for business compliance, great for logs, data and graphs. But real analytics are missing. Plus they don’t offer the ability to create risk assessments and the like.

My personal email [email protected]

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143