DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NEVER ordering from DJI again. Angry as hell

Why can’t we make a serious drone here in the USA? SO tired of funding 3rd world countries🙄
The issue is not that no one in the USA can manufacture a "serious drone" to compete against DJI. Its that its difficult to do for the same price given DJI's manufacturing infrastructure, access to cheap labor and willingness to "dump" their products at low prices to seize global market share. You are not funding a country, the country is funding/subsidizing DJI to seize and dominate the market to further its national strategic interests. Not much different than when Boeing was asked why can't you make an aircraft as good as Airbus and Boeing said we can but a consortium of European countries is subsidizing Airbus and that gives them an obscene competive advantage. Of course, the argument went back and forth and both sides had access to relevant information they could use to make their points. DJI, however, is a privately held company and its business records and governmental interactions are cloaked in secrecy.

Last edited:
I just confirmed that they will no longer be in the consumer market. Such a shame.
Presently there is still some doubt about this so it cannot be completely confirmed until Skydio goes on the record. All indications point to this conclusion but not yet final.

Presently there is still some doubt about this so it cannot be completely confirmed until Skydio goes on the record. All indications point to this conclusion but not yet final.
Let me dispel all doubt now, though this is not officially on the record. I just contacted Skydio directly asking them about this and I will quote a portion of the response I got directly from them by email:

...Skydio is moving away from consumer operations (that's why you're seeing it unavailable through the website). We are still selling the S2+ to enterprises and government agencies...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu