Votes: 167 56.0%
  • No.

Votes: 72 24.2%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 59 19.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they gonna pull this stunt and get away with it again? Are our memories REALLY this short? DJI is playing these fools! How much you wanna bet that they have a Mavic 2 all but ready for release with an upgraded camera, longer flight time {possibly 2 battery system), more crash avoidance, faster, and maybe even a built in screen on the controller? All for $900... Watch and mark my words. Ask Go Pro how this movie ends... DJI knew this was coming and I promise you, they were ready!

And if you lose this drone, you don't have @msinger to read the flight logs and tell you where to find it. ;)
Well, unless he decides to buy one ;)

I do own an Autel X-Star Premium (which I rarely fly).

Reactions: GavieboyDji
Well, unless he decides to buy one ;)

I do own an Autel X-Star Premium (which I rarely fly).

I considered Autel when Best Buy was brooming them but decided I had enough drones that I don't fly.

The built in screen it's my favorite feature so far.

It’s tiny. I mean really tiny. It’s hard enough on my 5.8” iPhone screen. 3.3”? And the battery in that controller is likely not going to last long either.

This drone is apparently not even in production yet?????

It’s tiny. I mean really tiny. It’s hard enough on my 5.8” iPhone screen. 3.3”? And the battery in that controller is likely not going to last long either.

It wouldn't be my main screen but it would be awesome for my typical driving down the road, see something I like, clip. Don't get me wrong, I'm in good shape with the Crystalsky and the DJI mount. However, the less stuff you have to put together the better, I say. It's not like the Karma where you have to use it. It's just another option.

Btw OLED... I'm sure battery life isn't a problem. Like all drones, you'll have finite batteries, if the controller lasts more than 3 hours, you're covered. Plus I'm sure it charges using a standard micro USB or USB type c anyway.

Reactions: Kewlio
They say the forward sensors (cameras) are computer mapping the environment in real time, thus moving forward it is likely mapping fairly significant distances to it's left and right to know whether it has clearance to stafe around, similar to driving a car forward and seeing left/right with your peripheral vision. Just my take on it with the info available to us at this time.

Well, that will majorly depend on how well it resolves said detail....

akin to saying your Honda is a copy of my Toyota.....
Campbell's soup is a copy of Progresso's soup....
Mazzios Pizza is a copy of Little Ceaser's Pizza...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess I've not seen the Phantom's modular camera....lolz

Then again I have never seen the Autel X star camera because no one actually owns or fly's one.

I thought Autel recently lay off a bunch of people in sales and marketing? This sounds like a product with limited support in the future when the company goes under. Remember the 3DR Solo? They were going to be the DJI killer but turns out DJI is the real killer.

Still looks better than the screen on your Mavic when the app crashes. ;) At least you have some view of what the camera is seeing.

I personally don't care if it's a copy I think that competition is great as it forces those with the experience to design and build a better drone and at a more competitive price for the consumer. You will always find cheaper and inferior products on the market but you will also find something more advanced using quality components.
Just perhaps this Evo may be in the later category.
And.... maybe Autel doesn't feel a need to build a nanny inside their software.
That would be a pleasant change of pace.
I'd love to believe it has a 1"sensor but they're not pimping it so I doubt it. The sensor size is only one part - be nice to have the mechanical shutter and aperture of the P4P fer instance.
Seriously looks like a nice bird - now if it just lives up to the hype.

Are they gonna pull this stunt and get away with it again? Are our memories REALLY this short? DJI is playing these fools! How much you wanna bet that they have a Mavic 2 all but ready for release with an upgraded camera, longer flight time {possibly 2 battery system), more crash avoidance, faster, and maybe even a built in screen on the controller? All for $900... Watch and mark my words. Ask Go Pro how this movie ends... DJI knew this was coming and I promise you, they were ready!
I own a lot of DJI birds. But my god, fanboi much?

Reactions: Brojon and Kewlio
Right. I imagine DJI is frantically retooling the Mavic 2 to add the features Autel has announced, and more. The price will be just below that of the EVO.

"frantically"? Bah, they've had the Mavic 2 in the can for months in my opinion. They wait for the "competition" to unveil their masterpiece and boom drops the hammer! Hahaha!

Remember the Karma?

Remember the 3DR Solo?

This is a pattern that they've employed several times and people fall for it every time. I just find it funny.

I own a lot of DJI birds. But my god, fanboi much?

I'm just the opposite, I own a bunch of garbage drones made by other companies that didn't measure up. The Mavic delivers on everything DJI promised. I don't know you but if you've owned some of the other prosumer grade drones, you know what I'm talking about.

My Mavic turns on every time I want to fly.
My Mavic holds onto GPS. Knock on wood but I've never lost GPS with the Mavic.
The camera works every time.
I've never lost signal.
The blades don't fall off.
Other parts don't fall off.
The battery doesn't fall out.
Etc,etc,etc...
Heck yea I'm a fan!

Try living with one of my 3DR Solos for a week! Try living with my Go Pro Karma for a week. Try living with my Parrot Bebop for a week. Try living with my Yuneec Q500 4k...

It's not even close, so absolutely, I'm a fan! When someone comes out with something better, I'll be a fan of that too. If DJI doesn't deliver and the Autel Evo turns out to be a better drone, I'll see you on evopilots.com!

Reactions: RAM
The screen is only for when your phone dies. It is MUCH better than the one on the Mavic.

"frantically"? Bah, they've had the Mavic 2 in the can for months in my opinion. They wait for the "competition" to unveil their masterpiece and boom drops the hammer! Hahaha!

Remember the Karma?

Remember the 3DR Solo?

This is a pattern that they've employed several times and people fall for it every time. I just find it funny.
Autel is not just a drone company. It also makes scanner equiptment. The EVO could land Autel some serious cash depending on the release date of the Mavic 2. Even when it does come out, it will probably be around $1500. The original Mavic is still $999.

Autel is not just a drone company. It also makes scanner equiptment. The EVO could land Autel some serious cash depending on the release date of the Mavic 2. Even when it does come out, it will probably be around $1500. The original Mavic is still $999.

Nah, I doubt it. Exhibit A: the Osmo Mobile 2. Original unit cost $299. The cost of the new one with three times the battery life, 300 grams lighter, and has a couple more features? $129.

Besides, a 50% price increase? In the face of some potential competition? Get out of here! You have got to be kidding! I'm aware of Autel as a company. Just like I'm aware of GoPro as a company... Who's bigger Autel or GoPro? How did it work out for them? Besides, didn't they get run off the school yard once already?

I'm all for competition, in fact I'll probably buy one of these just to check it out. It'll be interesting to be sure.

Reactions: Jarthe3
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR