DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Dji go4 now with Waypoints (iOS & Android)

I have IOS 12.1.2 and DJI Go 4 ver. 4.3.12 on a iPhone 6s+ and X. Neither iPhones have the waypoint option showing up. I also tried deleting the app and reloading it. My iPad pro has it showing up, but I prefer using the iPhone. Luckily, Litchi works well though.

I have IOS 12.1.2 and DJI Go 4 ver. 4.3.12 on a iPhone 6s+ and X. Neither iPhones have the waypoint option showing up. I also tried deleting the app and reloading it. My iPad pro has it showing up, but I prefer using the iPhone. Luckily, Litchi works well though.
iOS is on 12.1.3 don't no if that as anything to do with problems but worth a try

Reactions: AMann
You have a Mavic 2, right? Because I read the update only adds waypoints for the Mavic 2Z/P.

Reactions: dirkclod
The waypoints option is there on my iPad mini4 with DJI GO4 latest ver 4.3.12. (Mavic Pro). Have not tried it yet, but I understand you cannot pre-plan a waypoint mission and then upload it as you can in Litchi. I think you need to actually fly the mission first and then save it to repeat later. Has anyone tried it yet? Only had my MP a day or two and unable to fly because it’s so windy here the last few days.

The waypoints option is there on my iPad mini4 with DJI GO4 latest ver 4.3.12. (Mavic Pro)
Mavic Pro has always had waypoint functionality. As you say, the mission has to be flown first and then you can repeat that mission as you like.

This thread is about waypoint 2.0 and the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom wich reqires a specific firmware and GO4 v4.3.12

Sorry, got my threads crossed. What is waypoint 2.0 then, a 3rd party app?

The version I find in the PlayStore is 4.3.11, Jan 10/19 which is the previous release. There is no update notification.
Perhaps if you run the DJI Go4 app it updates from the DJI server.

It's probably a phased rollout of the new app version. In case there is a critical bug, they don't want to brick everyone's device simultaneously. The update should probably hit 100% of the userbase in the next few days.

Reactions: AMann
Update release Jan. 24/19.
New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.01.24)

Now back to @zappy54 's post here Dji go4 updated to 4.3.12 iOS

(Zappy posted first but his thread title only indicated iOS)
Can you tell me what is the lowest ios this will run on My ipad has 10.3
Update release Jan. 24/19.
New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.01.24)

Now back to @zappy54 's post here Dji go4 updated to 4.3.12 iOS

(Zappy posted first but his thread title only indicated iOS)

Frustratingly the IOS update works perfectly on an ipad. The waypoint icon is there and I can draw a route.The Android version is still struggling . With me anyway (UK)

The Android version is not out in the US yet. I did have to do an update firmware update dated 1/24 V01.00.0300. The controller updated easily via wi-fi smartphone. Was unable to do the firmware update via the controller to my Mavic 2 (had this same problem with the November firmware update). So I had to plug my drone into my PC and use DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.
Should be noted, that I also had to update the firmware on all my batteries after doing the drone. Be prepared to keep plugging every battery in and restarting the drone to do the firmware. (sucks)

Perhaps this is in prep for the way point update for Android users? I remember when they did the hyperlaspe update if came out first on IOS and followed a few days later for Android. Kind of glad, as IOS users reported some initial problems with the IOS update to hyper lapse.

Reactions: mavic53
Well guys don't know if any of you know but the Mavic Pro was "EOL" End Of Life back in November/December last year I was reading in a DJI forum. So no more support for it for Frimware or App, they have moved on. Focusing on the newer versions of Mavics. But parts and service will still be available for some years I saw to Come I read.

Frustratingly the IOS update works perfectly on an ipad. The waypoint icon is there and I can draw a route.The Android version is still struggling . With me anyway (UK)

That's because Android absolutely sucks in comparison. It's a far inferior copy cat OS. That's really the only thing I don't like about my Crystal Sky -- it's reliance upon such a crummy, unstable OS.

That's because Android absolutely sucks in comparison. It's a far inferior copy cat OS. That's really the only thing I don't like about my Crystal Sky -- it's reliance upon such a crummy, unstable OS.

Fundamentally, Android is not that bad, even if it is a copy. It's the randomly diverse implementation and bloat that seem to cause the problems.

Android works great, never had a problem. I have the update, my phone is set to auto update. But sadly as said in the description, it does not give the waypoint option for my MA.

The controller updated easily via wi-fi smartphone. Was unable to do the firmware update via the controller to my Mavic 2 (had this same problem with the November firmware update). So I had to plug my drone into my PC and use DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic.

Same here :(
I always get a network error when trying over smartphone
Waypoints not working on Android yet, because the App is not available in the 4.3.12 Version

Cant understand why they announce it then for Android
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20190124/Mavic_2_Pro_Zoom_Release_Notes_en0124.pdf
Sucks
And still no Course Lock Mode - which is a shame too

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J