DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New DJI Smart Controller

The Flashman

Reactions
Does anyone know IF you have to charge your batteries with the new charger for the new Smart Controller or can we still use the Battery charging bank we use for the original mavic2 pro's smart batteries?

If you use the included charger it fast charges. If you use a standard usb charger it still charges, just slower.

Yes u need the included charger to fast charge the controller.

I have been using the new controller since i gotten it 2 weeks back.

its been quite fun using it, no wires to plug in just turn on and connect!

Held up in Memphis.

Starz - Did you, in fact, charge your Smart Controller with a Mavic 2 battery and power bank adapter? I have been curious about that myself. It may seem trivial to charge the controller at the expense of losing a M2 battery, but I'm thinking about out-in-the-field scenarios where I have extra M2 batteries (I currently own five) and need to recharge the controller.

You can charge it with anything that provides USB A to the Smart Controller's USB-C port power but as already said if the charger you use doesn't have the necessary power which most don't it will be very slooooow and the SC will nag you to use the original. Even some of the more powerful mains chargers I have are very slow and you get the nag. I would suggest a M2 battery might be OK for a phone maybe but not a SC. Charging in-the-field would likely require a tent and sleeping bag.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dond40127