DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Stayalive

Reactions
Hello, community!
It’s awesome to meet you. I recently made a decision after a ton of research and understanding what goals I want to achieve and bought the Mavic Air 2 fly more bundle. I was very excited to get it and start learning everything I need to know to get started. So far so good. I feel I made the right choice in bundle instead of a single drone and I had no idea there was so much to know ? I can’t wait to get started and get my part 107 certificate. Not sure if I’m okay testing it around and flying up to 100 feet or so to learn controls and such? I don’t want to get a ticket or break any laws. Any tips or advice would be appreciated as I know I have to get the 107 certificate but does that include test flying before you get it? So happy to be part of this community and glad I found you all from watching a YouTube video! Can’t wait to get to know all of you and share my experiences along the way. Here to learn and listen to the pros out there. I just got blessed with a baby girl so this is going to be a good year!

Attachments

• 835234F5-AA4C-4545-AC77-2CFEB1182416.jpeg
    835234F5-AA4C-4545-AC77-2CFEB1182416.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
Hello from the Crossroads of America Stayalive.

Register your aircraft with the FAA as a recreational flyer for now and reregister once you obtained the Part 107 certificate.

Here are the basic rules.

Some apps worth getting to aid with your future flights.

KITTYHAWK

UAV FORECAST

WINDY.COM

Practice all you want within the guidelines.

Keep in mind that some parks and public places may not allow the launch / land of the aircraft from the property.

Check local ordinances and have fun.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! ? Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Thanks you for taking the time to share those links @MA2 317 i appreciate it. I’m excited to go in my apartment complex and fly around a bit to get some testing done. I’ll look into registering it ASAP. Does registering it as recreational require a test as well? And am I still able to get the part 107 certificate even though I registered it as recreational for now?

Does registering it as recreational require a test as well?

I can't remember, I don't think so. ?

If there is a test, it's easy. Unlike the part 107 which takes some study time.

Just pay the five dollars and put the registration numbers on your aircraft(s).

As a recreational flyer, the registration number is good for all aircraft, once you get the Part 107, each aircraft will be registered separately.

And am I still able to get the part 107 certificate even though I registered it as recreational for now?

Yes.

Thank you! I’ll get set up and registered ASAP. Looking into possibly making some side income eventually with video and photography for businesses and such so I’m excited. :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum from the beautiful woods of Maine!
No test to register, only a $5 fee. You’ll need to display your registration number somewhere on the outside of the drone, don’t block any sensors. There’s many knowledgeable members willing to help you with any questions you have. Search the forum using key words and if you don’t find an answer, post your question and I’m sure you’ll get a quick response. Flytpath has a good series of videos from unboxing to your first flight on YouTube. Fly safe and stay safe!

Hello, community!
It’s awesome to meet you. I recently made a decision after a ton of research and understanding what goals I want to achieve and bought the Mavic Air 2 fly more bundle. I was very excited to get it and start learning everything I need to know to get started. So far so good. I feel I made the right choice in bundle instead of a single drone and I had no idea there was so much to know ? I can’t wait to get started and get my part 107 certificate. Not sure if I’m okay testing it around and flying up to 100 feet or so to learn controls and such? I don’t want to get a ticket or break any laws. Any tips or advice would be appreciated as I know I have to get the 107 certificate but does that include test flying before you get it? So happy to be part of this community and glad I found you all from watching a YouTube video! Can’t wait to get to know all of you and share my experiences along the way. Here to learn and listen to the pros out there. I just got blessed with a baby girl so this is going to be a good year!
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic Air 2, I absolutely love mine! Fly safe and have fun!

Hello, community!
Congrats on the arrival of your baby girl. Welcome aboard. And the first tip for drone control - just like your partner giving birth, remember to breathe!!! ???????

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird