DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

Is it just me or did the Mavic do some extra stuff during this upgrade?

By the end of the process (around 75%) it suddenly moved one propeller (like it does at startup, but only one) and did the "DJI sound". A few minutes later, it did the same but with another prop. A couple of minutes later it restarted and moved all four props as usual and the upgrade finished. As far as I can see everything works fine, just never noticed it doing those extra prop movements during an upgrade before?

Also, it upgraded the firmware of the battery, so I guess there are some fixes in the update not mentioned in the release notes (as they are not really talking about anything that seems to have with the battery to do)
Yea mine did too.

Reactions: woesch
Is it just me or did the Mavic do some extra stuff during this upgrade?

By the end of the process (around 75%) it suddenly moved one propeller (like it does at startup, but only one) and did the "DJI sound". A few minutes later, it did the same but with another prop. A couple of minutes later it restarted and moved all four props as usual and the upgrade finished. As far as I can see everything works fine, just never noticed it doing those extra prop movements during an upgrade before?

Also, it upgraded the firmware of the battery, so I guess there are some fixes in the update not mentioned in the release notes (as they are not really talking about anything that seems to have with the battery to do)

That was just the 4 ESCs upgrading one after the other.
This firmware pretty much updates ALL modules. Most before have been partial updates.

Reactions: logge
The watercolor effect when using low sharpness values. It would cause the video to get mushy in trees, grass, etc
I'm sorry I didn't understand at that moment . I shoot in auto and don't mess with the values and really didn't pay no mind to anything as far as that when I went for that first fly . Was just checking how it flew .
Sorry .

So to update the batteries i have to do one at a time right? Or will it do it automatically when i use one the next time? Doing it one by one 6 times seems excessive every update, on and off and in and out lol

Try doing it by wifi . That's how I did it .

Updating now. NFZ Updated, Mavic Pro and Controller updating now. Will test flight later today.

Tried to update through the app. Kept saying download failed. Wouldn't even go past 0%.
Download DJI assistant, use your PC. Also make sure everything is above 50 percent battery.
Also, try using your data network (only if you've got plenty of data to spare)

Oh and everyone, make sure you update all your batteries as well!
Lon I did mine over wifi and it did the TX and RX but said nothing on the batteries . Now I have cycled all my batteries 2 times today flying and never saw anything about needing to update them like I saw when I went to 900. It would say I needed to update when I put in a new battery and I would and then fly. Did them all that way .
Think they updated on their own as I flew them this time ?

I did the new updates and the new geofence update tonight on both my Birds and tested one of them flying for a short one and yes it was very slow so far it seems okay but time will tell

Update worked for me, RC, Mavic and 4 batteries all done. (When you add a battery that was not installed during the upgrade you get a mismatch warning and a "slide to upgrade" screen)

Now the proof is in the pudding if this thing still flies and the gimbal issue is corrected. . . .(That will need to be another date though. . .)

An odd thing is I kept getting the "SPARK" warning about that upgrade each time DJI Go 4 app started. I hit "I know" several times thinking it would stop. Finally I hit the "ignore" and then I did not see it anymore. (Would think the app would know by now I own a Mavic, not a spark. . .)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147