DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

Lon I did mine over wifi and it did the TX and RX but said nothing on the batteries . Now I have cycled all my batteries 2 times today flying and never saw anything about needing to update them like I saw when I went to 900. It would say I needed to update when I put in a new battery and I would and then fly. Did them all that way .
Think they updated on their own as I flew them this time ?

Yea, I don't know... Like another member stated, I had to update my batteries to get them all on the same page. I just turned off my Mavic, swapped batteries and turned it back on. It advised me of mis match firmware and I swiped to the right! Hahaha!

Reactions: dirkclod
Yea, I don't know... Like another member stated, I had to update my batteries to get them all on the same page. I just turned of my Mavic, swapped batteries and turned it back on. It advised me of mis match firmware and I swiped to the right! Hahaha!
Best way to do it. Update drone, rc and batteries BEFORE you go out and all at once. Saves time and last thing you want before taking off is that "mismatch firmware" popup.

Reactions: MAVIC-MAN
Update worked for me, RC, Mavic and 4 batteries all done. (When you add a battery that was not installed during the upgrade you get a mismatch warning and a "slide to upgrade" screen)

Now the proof is in the pudding if this thing still flies and the gimbal issue is corrected. . . .(That will need to be another date though. . .)

An odd thing is I kept getting the "SPARK" warning about that upgrade each time DJI Go 4 app started. I hit "I know" several times thinking it would stop. Finally I hit the "ignore" and then I did not see it anymore. (Would think the app would know by now I own a Mavic, not a spark. . .)

I got that too at first but it went away. I flew all three of my batteries and it seemed okay but it's hard to tell since this is a new unit. So any differences could be chalked up to that.

Best way to do it. Update drone, rc and batteries BEFORE you go out and all at once. Saves time and last thing you want before taking off is that "mismatch firmware" popup.

Exactly, been there, had the failed update, battery two dot situation after the last update. No thanks!

Reactions: InsaneShane
Exactly, been there had the failed update, battery two dot situation after the last update. No thanks!
I don't know why people can't just be careful. Like FFS, you're flying around a $1400 (usd) or $1600 (cad) machine. Don't be a ******* and take stupid risks like not updating the batteries all at once. Also don't trust your data network to be stable enough to not fail half way thru a download.

Seeing too many people destroy thier drones cause of this stupid reason. Take the extra hour or so and upgrade every, single, peripheral you have. Rant over lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I don't know... Like another member stated, I had to update my batteries to get them all on the same page. I just turned off my Mavic, swapped batteries and turned it back on. It advised me of mis match firmware and I swiped to the right! Hahaha!
Thats what I'm asking as I never saw it say anything .
.900 did but this hasn't .

Reactions: Vilco and dirkclod
Reactions: Vilco
That might be it right there .

That sounds feasible... I just got this unit... Hmm wait I updated the main unit to 900 and checked my two old batteries. No update required. Now today, I went to fly after work and up came the update to include all three batteries.

That sounds feasible... I just got this unit... Hmm wait I updated the main unit to 900 and checked my two old batteries. No update required. Now today, I went to fly after work and up came the update to include all three batteries.
Strange....I went .400, .500, .700, .800, .900, .1000. Last time I was prompted for battery updates was after .900 and not for .1000

I wasn't ether so guess I'll just carry on and watch it :)
Thanks guy's

That was just the 4 ESCs upgrading one after the other.
This firmware pretty much updates ALL modules. Most before have been partial updates.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Maybe people are coming from earlier versions and they skipped .900 that's why they see the message to update battery firmware, while other people who did the battery update on .900 didn't see any update on the new .1000.

Any noticeable improvements with image quality?

You'll have no choice, when you put on a battery that needs updating it will prompt you to update it. So plug each of them at home where you have time to check so that doesn't happen when you're out.

Reactions: InsaneShane

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15