DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

Mine loudly announced when the update finished: "Dude, yer now a DRONIST, not a PILOT! Ha. Ha. Ha." And showed me a double bird with its front props.

On a serious note, the update (by USB cable with the Assistant) seemed to struggle about midway, when there seemed to be a sound coming from the gimbal, as if it was struggling; removed the gimbal lock and the progress started to move. Maybe just a coincidence. But probably not a bad idea to remove the lock even if just updating.
Definitely remove the gimbal lock as the Mavic will go through its startup procedure at the end of the update!

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Yes. No prob.
Strange. I'm (back) on 0.700 and have just plugged it in and am only offered .1000, no prior versions at all. I think I'm going to wait before "upgrading" as .0800 and .0900 both had issues with the RAW files not working on my Mac. .0700 is working just fine.

Strange. I'm (back) on 0.700 and have just plugged it in and am only offered .1000, no prior versions at all. I think I'm going to wait before "upgrading" as .0800 and .0900 both had issues with the RAW files not working on my Mac. .0700 is working just fine.
All version before .800 have been pulled. They are not available anymore from DJI. There are other ways though to revert to older versions!

Reactions: Blades and bonzo
The Gimbal lock should always be removed before you power up the Mavic. (How do you not get the "error - overload" if you don't take the lock out?) The first set of screens for the update also states you need to remove it.

Good luck!

Reactions: atlasx2001
It just got out this morning, it seems, has anyone installed it?
Here are the release notes:

Overview
  • All-in-One firmware version updated to v01.03.1000
  • DJI GO app iOS version updated to v4.1.7
  • DJI GO app Android version updated to v4.1.5

What’s New?
  • Fixed an occasional issue where DNG files couldn’t be opened.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the camera would restart automatically during recording.
  • Fixed an occasional issue where the gimbal would drift after self-checking.
  • Limited the max descend speed to 2 m/s and max ascend speed to 3 m/s in Propeller Cage mode.
  • Improved image quality.

This firmware is also an update for DJI Goggles:
  • Added Head Tracking for Spark (with firmware v01.00.0600 or later), the Inspire 2 (with firmware v01.01.0200 or later) and the Phantom 4 (with aircraft firmware v2.0.0.16 or later and remote controller firmware 1.9.3).
  • Added remote controller signal strength icon.
  • Optimized audio quality.

Notes
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2, and retry.

New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (22/08/2017)

Yesterday evening I upgraded the software to version 1000 (from 900).
Update went without events. Slight problems with 900 :maximum altitude 30 m and distance limited, are solved. So far so good.
Jepeve

Yesterday evening I upgraded the software to version 1000 (from 900).
Update went without events. Slight problems with 900 :maximum altitude 30 m and distance limited, are solved. So far so good.
Jepeve

You must be one of the original forum members and just posted your first two messages. You sir, are a Jedi Master of restraint! Hats off to you. Thumbswayup

Just updating mine now through GO 4 App - it's been stuck at 100% downloaded for about 10 mins - but doesn't appear to have started the actual upgrade - anyone had similar?

Just updating mine now through GO 4 App - it's been stuck at 100% downloaded for about 10 mins - but doesn't appear to have started the actual upgrade - anyone had similar?

Update - I jumped on DJI support chat and they suggested disconnecting and reconnecting the phone from the remote. Which then gave me the option to start the update.

Guys - just updated drone, all good,but then switched batteries, it asked to update battery - failed update and bricked battery - can't turn it off, two middle leds allways on and rarely blinking. Battery was 100% charged, drone won't shut down. Had to pull out battery from running drone. If place it back - Mavic instantly boots up. I have bought fly more combo last week and did fly just once with one battery. After this failure updated third battery without problems. But one battery is stuck with two leds.

I have restarted Mavic controller and phone, started update with faulty battery again and it agains says that update failed. Tried to connect Mavic to Assistant 2 with faulty battery, when try to upgrade from PC, it asks to charge battery and try again. But I know that battery was fully charged.

#UPDATE#
Just contacted DJI online support, while chatting about sending it to service tried to update battery for 4th time and it worked! No idea why it didn't previous times. Could think about interference, but other two batteries in same conditions updated just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: mlooss and WizDrone
Just came in and noticed that my settings in my camera kept reverting back from what I had them set at . Not sure if it's this new firmware or if I have another setting off that's causing it . You guy's might want to check that . It was mostly the color and a few others .
I can set it at beginning of flight but when I change battery's and look it had went back then .

I updated mine last night and the aircraft cooling fan immediately stopped working. My little drone is on its way to a repair facility in california

My upgrade has been stalled for half an hour. Down loaded quickly with Google Fiber, but after down loading, nothing. Guess I'll try a restart of the drone and controller.

I updated last night, took about 20 minutes. Took it out for a quick flight and had no problems

Reactions: WizDrone
My upgrade has been stalled for half an hour. Down loaded quickly with Google Fiber, but after down loading, nothing. Guess I'll try a restart of the drone and controller.

Update: Ok, after restarting the drone and controller, the update proceeded without incident, although it must have taken at least half an hour. Goggles did not appear to get an update.

It bricked one of my batteries. If the update fails, which happened to me at the 67% mark, it will brick a battery. I have 2 middle lights on on one of my batters. They flash once every 15 seconds or so.

I did the upgrade a second time with my other battery, and it was fine. We have thunder storms, so I can't take it for a flight just yet, but it seems to be fine.

I tried the various solutions to un-brick this - the most successful being to try and do the update with the same battery again after having success with another battery, but I can't get the option to update again.

If I have to toss a battery out every friggin time they do an update, this will be the last update I will do.

Were we not suposed to receive some super update today that made the Mavic unstoppable.

I'm off to Staples where I bought my last battery to try and swap one out.

I'm really pissed.

All version before .800 have been pulled. They are not available anymore from DJI. There are other ways though to revert to older versions!
this video will be helpful :

Reactions: Dronewerkz
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13