DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

what we know about the 3 different update on assistant 2? When I upgraded it was just one and not 3...

I tested sport mode and it's fine. If auto exposure was fine, I'd be thrilled.

Did you hear that DJI? Fix the Auto Exposure this week

Thanks

Reactions: cheekymonkeyman
Just flew 2 batteries this evening. No issues so far. The firmware reseted every settings even the multiple fly mode had to be enabled again. I’ll check the video quality later

I would also like to add that it seems that we have many negative people on this forum that are just looking for things to go wrong! And as I have stated in all of my previous ones besides DJI service everything is quite awesome as far as improving the DJI mavic Pro flight
What dose it improve? If mine flew anybetter,it would go out flying without me along!:D The reason you have negative people on here, is because of the negative results some have had from doing the Latest Updates. There is a lot going on with these "updates" that dosen't meet the eye. How long would Apple be in business,if every other one of their PC's crashed after a update? I can tell you,NOT LONG! DJI offers to let you use your Android,or IOS phone to do the updates,but it dosen't work for some,and then Assistant 2 is the only way out? Why did the roll backs vanish in Assistant 2?:rolleyes: Why dose a company in CHINA give a ratt's azz,as to what our government agencys want imposed?While their Red Headed Step Child (North Korea) launches ICBM's in every direction,like the 4th. of July is their Holiday,that never ends?o_OWho needs a "patch" in the software every other week,when things are working as they should?:rolleyes: Since when did China become our "Nanny Police"? Plus the hassel of having to reset you settings each time,you update! If I do the required updates(according to DJI) to my MP,it's no better than a junk car,that you have to repair every other week,to keep it running.:( There is NO good reason as to why a person should have to constantly keep updating this drone,to keep it flying normal. Unless it was rushed into production,with flaws in the firmware/software! I've asked these questions to a DJI rep,and guess what? They don't have a answer!o_O

Last edited:
Cool, hope that is the "fix" for my gimbal "restart" in flight!!!! (They use the word "Camera". . . .)
My gimbal did a restart when I was doing some high risk movements. I literally thought my Mavic was spinning out of control to the ground. Sometimes my gimbal will exercise bird's eye view, to regular view and do it as many times as I pushed the button trying to get it to respond. Until now, I thought that was what happened, but reading your comment gives me the visual that is exactly what happened to me. In my controlled panic, I just hit rth. Thank goodness it was not twirling and plummeting to the ground. That is exactly what the gimbal recalibration looked like in flight.

I've been trying to download/install the new firmware. It is "painfully slow" (and I'm on a 100mbps connection).:( First Assistant 2 was trying to get me to install "New Updated" No Fly Zones! I'm sure that's gonna improve my flying enjoyment!o_O I've had 2 failed update sessions so far,and going for number 3 now!:mad: I can't wait to get the new updates loaded! I've never had a 1300.00 paper weight?

Maybe people are coming from earlier versions and they skipped .900 that's why they see the message to update battery firmware, while other people who did the battery update on .900 didn't see any update on the new .1000.

Any noticeable improvements with image quality?
I have seen an updated YT video by Casey Farris suggesting taking footage in D-log for post edit with style: 0, -3, -3 should now be improved.

There are, however, now an issue with retrieving flight logs. See thread:
Access Flight Data after firmaware up data to v01.03.1000

Reactions: Eyvindj
The 500m altitude thing. I thought it was agreed to remain under 400 feet, which is 120m roughly. 500m is 1500 feet, and is way outta sight. Plus, what can you see at that altitude. Nothing. Why break the law and waste your batteries.

I don't get it.
In the US, 400' is the max altitude, unless you are within 400' of a structure, then you can go 400' above the structure height. So if you have a 1000' tower, you are legal to go to 1400' (Subject to cloud height restrictions). So commercial operators would have a legitimate reason to change their maximum altitude, and if DJI did limit them to less than this, they would be imposing a restriction that is wrong.

In the US, 400' is the max altitude, unless you are within 400' of a structure, then you can go 400' above the structure height. So if you have a 1000' tower, you are legal to go to 1400' (Subject to cloud height restrictions). So commercial operators would have a legitimate reason to change their maximum altitude, and if DJI did limit them to less than this, they would be imposing a restriction that is wrong.
It's the "recomended max altitude" by the FAA. Their regs got thrown out the window with the last court decision,including registering drones. At least for now. Concerning "Hobbiest" use.

Last edited:
Reactions: bas4241
I now have the newest updates installed .1000 (no small task). I will see what it really effects tomorrow,weather permitting! PS. It dose set all your settings back to factory,so be sure to reset them before flying. Also added the newest NFZ updates! I bet there's a airport in my backyard now!:D

I would also like to add that it seems that we have many negative people on this forum that are just looking for things to go wrong! And as I have stated in all of my previous ones besides DJI service everything is quite awesome as far as improving the DJI mavic Pro flight

Since version .400 what has been improved about the the way the Mavic flies?

Rob

Reactions: bas4241
I think I have now performed a total of 5 or 6 firmware updates since I purchased my Mavic. I've performed every update using my iPhone 6 or iPad Pro and never had a problem. I don't even have the Desktop program installed on my Mac. I fail to understand why so many people seem to have issues performing updates, turn everything on, follow the prompts on the screen and it's all done, then just back and do your remaining batteries.

I fail to understand why so many people seem to have issues performing updates

Defective Mavic, defective phone (os, apps running...), defective remote control

Reactions: Oconnb910
That video is before the latest firmware release this thread is talking about. He is using a fw from June
!..! - Agreed! Last fw is actually only days old...

Casey was also elaborating on +1, -3, -3 vs 0, -3, -3 relating to noise reduction. I guess the jury at large may still be out on this one... I'm not sure if my eyes are still sensitive enough to see these finer different details in my footage. I'm going with D-log, 0, -3, -3...

Hello to all members of the forum.
Well, what can I tell you?
First, at me during updating in the assistant there were at once 3 updatings 1000. The first is dated 22.02.2017 and two others 25.08.2017. Update was quick and without failures, after the upgrade, opposite all appeared the inscription "current". I understand that the company did it on purpose, so that after the upgrade it was not possible to roll back to the previous version, as now only 3 current ones are available in the window - a good and not quite fair move of the company.
Farther...
I went to fly a little on a new firmware. Be sure to check the settings! Before the flight, they get off to the recommended. Everything seemed to be unchanged, the program asked to update the flight zones, after which I flew off .. And then everything started (in the open area after 530 meters of remoteness at a height of 75 meters - the console (or drone) began to lose the signal GPS, while the picture On my tablet was hanging and turned into squares (1280/720 resolution 30 frames), before this never happened. Restarting the Mavik and the remote did not give any results.Then changed the battery and went a little to fly in his native city, in the park ... And Here I was disappointed even more !! The city of the recreation park covers an area of about 30-40 hectares, while the park is just a green area, without buildings, towers and other things .... All that I could - is to fly 380 meters, at a height of 30-40 meters, after which I again began to slow down the image and there was a warning that there is no signal for the gps. It's a shame very ....

Hi, I also see 2 1000 fw in the Assitant while I updated the mavic from my Iphone --- when I connect to the PC i see 2 times 1000 version (22.08 and 25.08) - both show current :))) WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev