DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware 1000 for Mavic Pro. Anyone tried it?

Mines acting perfectly with .1000. I'm not going back. There,was no option to do so at the time I did the upgrade. I bought the Mavic the day before the upgrade.

Do you really mean to say you couldn't fly out your back yard,or your favourite flying place or not at all, no matter where you took your Mavic? I live near a small airport and across from a prison farm. The other day, I got to the edge of the prison farm and the Mavic stopped and asked if I had authority to fly there. I appreciated being stopped.

That is correct. My motors would not start. My controller said "In NFZ", which was incorrect. I had to email DJI and wait until they corrected their map. Each update is more restrictive. Why do you think there are so many firmware updates? Much more going on than meets the eye. Frog in the pan of warm water. What do you think caused the rise of the dark side? Silly Sheeple....

Bas4241,

Has it occurred to you , you might be a little too negative?

Go out tomorrow and do some flying. You'll remember how much fun it is.

Do you get it now?
Yeah,I pretty much "had it" before the update! The old smoke and mirrors game! Claim your getting this,but in reality...........................!:mad: Infact I'm kinda let down!:( It stated "Improved NFZ updates to make your flying experence,safer and more enjoyable"! I didn't notice myself having any "Extra Fun" while flying with the new updates?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: bas4241
Bas4241,

I think Bas4241,is refering to the update promising improvements,but in reality it is just expanding the NFZ's! He could have "went out and done some flying",except his motors wouldn't start up,and that = NO Fun!:( I live out in the "sticks",and I get the "unpaved airports in the area" warning every time I fly. With the last update,I think 2 more were added in my "backyard"! Does it bother me? NO! I know BS when I see it,and just clear it off the screen,but if I couldn't start my drone,that would be a diffrent matter!:mad:

Last edited:
I read many people in trouble with this firmware....I think is a really good update in terms of image quality (expecially white balance and sharpness) and general stabiliy....No issues here with mate 8 attached

Ron, I have two questions if you don't mind. One what settings under style do you use, if you don't use auto, and tell me about that little chair tent your sitting in. If I'm seeing that correctly.
Dan Lee,I use manual settings, 2.7K 30fps,I adjust the ISO until I get the Look I want in the monitor! I also used a #8 ND filter,on that video. The Chair is one I picked up from e/bay,here is a link to it! It's the best money I have spent for a accessory since buying the MP. It works well,and nothing is needed on the phone/pad. It also is extreemly comfortable,plus keeps you cool out it the sun. PS> I forgot,the style is set to "Normal"Kelsyus Premium Portable Camping Folding Lawn Chair with Canopy, Blue | 80185 | eBay

Last edited:
Bas4241,

Just trying to warn the unaware...go ahead and update your drone until it is useless if you want. And believe me, now I do have fun flying without all the warnings and restrictions. As Kitty Tom says, suit yourself!

I got everything working when I used my computer, home wifi and DJI Assist.

You need to do it to each battery as it updates the battery. When I start my drone to fly it wants to upgrade the airports. I decline and then I'm in the air.

Not upgrading firmware is a short term solution. You are missing new software, improvements to existing software and safety features. Look at the current Spark upgrade. Come tomorrow at midnight, Spark's won't fly until the upgrade is done.

My experienced opinion.

I disagree. In my opinion, and many much more experienced than me, there is really nothing significant to improve over firmare versions .400/.700. There have been no "improvements to existing software and safety features" since .400/.700. All you are getting is more DJI control over your quad, including flight limitations and NFZ's. You may not have experienced it yet, but you may find yourself unable to fly in a location that you want to fly. Plus potentially the inability to adjust parameters. And for what?

Bas421,

OK, I get it, your bitter and angry because you didn't get from DJI what you wanted. Between .400 and .1000 you felt you deserved a huge jump in quality, which you can't see. Are you using a 4K monitor. I am and I can see amazing quality, but then again, I haven't seen images from .400 and .700. Sorry.

I didn't let DJI change the NFZ's in my update. Each time I try and take off it asks me for permission to update the NFZ's. I say no and take off seconds later.

In Canada, the law states you can't fly higher than 400ft. The ability to fly to 500M doesn't interest me. You can't see anything at that point. Why bother?

I'm sorry you didn't get your improvements. I'm also sorry you feel DJI hampered your Mavic.

I guess I have a couple of suggestions for you.

1. Purchase another companies drone. There are many out there for you to choose from, and most don't have the sophistication of the DJI products, and hence don't have the restriction.
2. Fly your drone in locations where there are no restrictions. There are tons of locations across the USA where that is possible.
3. Do what American's always threaten. Do a Class Action Law Suit. I can't participate, but I'm sure you could find a lawyer, and some other litigants to join you.

******** here about it will NOT solve your issues, I can guarantee it. Frankly, I'm done listening to you, so I won't be replying to any response you might provide. Select from above, and I hope you enjoy your choice.

All the best.

Bas421,

OK, I get it, your bitter and angry because you didn't get from DJI what you wanted. Between .400 and .1000 you felt you deserved a huge jump in quality, which you can't see. Are you using a 4K monitor. I am and I can see amazing quality, but then again, I haven't seen images from .400 and .700. Sorry.

I didn't let DJI change the NFZ's in my update. Each time I try and take off it asks me for permission to update the NFZ's. I say no and take off seconds later.

In Canada, the law states you can't fly higher than 400ft. The ability to fly to 500M doesn't interest me. You can't see anything at that point. Why bother?

I'm sorry you didn't get your improvements. I'm also sorry you feel DJI hampered your Mavic.

I guess I have a couple of suggestions for you.

1. Purchase another companies drone. There are many out there for you to choose from, and most don't have the sophistication of the DJI products, and hence don't have the restriction.
2. Fly your drone in locations where there are no restrictions. There are tons of locations across the USA where that is possible.
3. Do what American's always threaten. Do a Class Action Law Suit. I can't participate, but I'm sure you could find a lawyer, and some other litigants to join you.

Bitching here about it will NOT solve your issues, I can guarantee it. Frankly, I'm done listening to you, so I won't be replying to any response you might provide. Select from above, and I hope you enjoy your choice.

All the best.

You're not even close. You obviously don't understand the NFZ issue. You will learn more about this with time and reading (other) forums .I have no issues any more....I now have the best drone in the world in my view. Flies great, no limitations, no forced updates. I'm trying to enlighten others who are unaware. However, I do think it is wrong (and probably illigal) to sell you a product (mine was firmare .400 from the factory) with no limitations and adding them later through sneaky methods. That is what spawned the Jailbreaks. Many of your comments are quite naive. You think you know much more than you do. Again, I have no issues to solve and no restrictions on my drone, I'm trying to help others improve their quads. Happy flying.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,
i updated to .1000, everything works fine, but i'm very very disappointed about the fact that i can't access anymore the flight data on the internal memory of the mavic. When on .900 i was able to open the disk drive containing the .DAT files. I cannot do it anymore! I don't know if this is a bug or just a deliberate limitation imposed by the new firmware.

Since the firmware update to 1000 the autofocus I had set to the C2 button doesn't work anymore.

I've tried setting c2 to other shortcut and it works.

I've tried assigning autofocus to C1 and it's doesn't work.

The update seems to have killed autofocus. Anyone else had this problem?

Since the firmware update to 1000 the autofocus I had set to the C2 button doesn't work anymore.

I've tried setting c2 to other shortcut and it works.

I've tried assigning autofocus to C1 and it's doesn't work.

The update seems to have killed autofocus. Anyone else had this problem?

I haven't....

So, anyone have anything to report after update and 1st flight?
Are there any improvement noticed on anything?
I've flown twice after updating and there seem to be a slight left, backward drift when manually landing. I was careful to position the stick straight back the second landing attempt and had the same result.

I've flown twice after updating and there seem to be a slight left, backward drift when manually landing. I was careful to position the stick straight back the second landing attempt and had the same result.

I had a slight drift after updating. I calibrated the IMU and now all is well.

My MP is still flying with old FW all over (.400 and equivalent on RC) and GO4 as old would operate with these. No restrictions, very stable, no camera issues, thankfully.

Can´t say about the improvements on image, that´s certainly a huge "selling point" for DJI to suck us in. Since we´re usually unsatisfied with what we currently have for whatever reason, real or not, we tend to believe the updates can make our drones better. I´d say most times they do, but there´s always a cost.

It´s logical, I get it. Or should be. In fact it almost got me into updating this time I admit. But not yet, I´ll let it pass once more since my footage and photography quality suits me for the time being, and the drone is in good shape overall and without restrictions.

The reason I skip updates is the same, from my old P2 and all the others that came since (P3Ps, Inspires, P4Ps...) I don´t want to risk bringing in issues which I currently don´t have, for improvements that I have a hard time to quantify or have use for.

Unless it´s a tangible, sensible and uselful improvement and unless it´s been thoroughly tested by the general public (i.e. all pilots who chose to update early) with no issues reported in considerable quantities, I´ll keep what´s working.

That´s not a preach for no updates policy, just my testimonial and my rationale for staying in older FW versions as long as possible.

ugh...threads like this make me wish I never read these forums. I'm still on .900 but not totally happy with some flight characteristics, so I'm tempted to upgrade to .1000 but after reading all this, I almost wish I never updated anything...ever!

I never fly over about 150' and never out of line of sight, so I want to just be able to launch my Mavic and film wherever the hell I want to. All this NFZ crap has got me tired of all this. I miss the old days when we could just toggle the geo-system off and not have to worry about any of it. :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_