DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware - IMU calibration and other issues

ElinL

Reactions
1. Just updated to newest firmware. Afterwards I have had several issues - drift during flight amongst them. I am calibrating the IMU according to DJI´s video instructions - it remains stuck on step 2 - any solutions ? I have watched the recommended video, done precisely as it recommends, but no help in that.
2. I got a message that compass needed calibrating. I tried to do so but got repeated messages that there was electromagnetic interference. Went outside - ensured that there were no metal objects surrounding me - chose a spot where the em signal was ok - the calibration got stuck - had to shut down to reload the hand piece battery.
3. My gimbal refuses to accept the filters I use - was not a problem with the earlier version
4. Several breakdowns of contact when flying in good conditions with the drone in sight.

Wish you would wait with release of new versions until all such problems were solved.

I need help urgently - have projects waiting and finally the right weather conditions for them

1. Just updated to newest firmware. Afterwards I have had several issues - drift during flight amongst them. I am calibrating the IMU according to DJI´s video instructions - it remains stuck on step 2 - any solutions ? I have watched the recommended video, done precisely as it recommends, but no help in that.
2. I got a message that compass needed calibrating. I tried to do so but got repeated messages that there was electromagnetic interference. Went outside - ensured that there were no metal objects surrounding me - chose a spot where the em signal was ok - the calibration got stuck - had to shut down to reload the hand piece battery.
3. My gimbal refuses to accept the filters I use - was not a problem with the earlier version
4. Several breakdowns of contact when flying in good conditions with the drone in sight.

Wish you would wait with release of new versions until all such problems were solved.

I need help urgently - have projects waiting and finally the right weather conditions for them

Downgrade the Firmware, search Digdat0 on YouTube

Reactions: Flycaster

You did what?
Opps, downgrade as fast as you can Grasshopper.......
Start your quest here:
digdat0 - YouTube

Thanks for the advice. Deleting and reinstalling The DJI Go 4 app on my mobile solved all problems.

I did everything as you suggested. However, first I:

Deleted the DJI Assistant 2 from my laptop and reinstalled the latest version (V1.2.4) from DJI’s site. Restart laptop, run cleanup, security, shut down & restart laptop. Login, exit.

I charged aircraft battery and RC controller & Iphone – all 100%.

I then, with aircraft/RC power off, connected aircraft (only) to laptop with micro usb cable; start DJI Assistant 2/login; power on aircraft.

I then ran Firmware Update, Reset Factory Default – 100% complete; I then ran Firmware Update – actually “Refresh” as aircraft was “Current” at V1.04-0400 – 100% complete. Turn off aircraft & disconnect.

I then did same with RC (only) – however, no option to Rest Factory Default so I went straight to Refresh “Current” firmware – 100% complete. Turned off RC/disconnected.

I then hooked up Iphone 6s (with latest Go 4 App installed, 100% power) to RC – both power off.

I then power-on aircraft, power-on RC, power-on Iphone/launch Go 4 APP. Immediately I get on the RC screen: Check APP – System Warning; Recalibrate IMU Required; Compass Redundancy Switch.

I then tried to re-calibrate the IMU and get the IMU calibration failure notice described below on Iphone. I then recalibrated the compass and re-tried the IMU – continue getting the same failure notice described below.

Now what?

Thanks,

Brad

Has it been crashed or dropped?

Als make sure you are holding the aircraft EXACTLY as pictured on the screen during calibrations.

No, never.

Also, I'm not holding/moving it during IMU calibration attempts - sitting at rest - as shown in the app picture - on dry, level surface - both inside (on wood table) and outside (lawn). My attempts never get past the 1st stage before failure notice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada