DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware is out (12-6) v1.03.0000

2016.12.06 v01.03.0000
I don't know about anybody else but after the firmware upgrade and my first flight after the upgrade I needed to recalibrate my sticks. No issues after that.
What’s New?
  •  Added AR route display in TapFly mode when used with the DJI GO 4 app.
  •  Added a vibration warning for the remote controller when the aircraft enters ATTI mode. 
  • Added wind speed evaluation and a high wind speed warning.
  •  Added more film looks and color modes (when used with the DJI GO 4 app).
Improvements:
  •  Optimized the compass algorithm to reduce switching from GPS Mode to ATTI Mode.
  •  Improved magnetic detection for the remote controller. The aircraft will now return to home when
    strong magnetic interference is detected.
  •  Improved the speed at which the HD video link connection can be regained after disruption.
  •  Optimized altitude maintenance capabilities when flying over water.
  •  Optimized Gesture Mode.
  •  Improved the indoor flying experience by shortening the minimum distance from an obstacle from 3m to 1m.
  •  Optimized power management for long-term battery storage.
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+Release_Notes_en_201612.pdf

Just wanted to chime in here as one of the original MP's @BudWalker analyzed for TBE occurrences. Anytime I fly full throttle in sport mode (for more than 20-30 seconds), I get predictable, repeatable, and very extreme TBE gyrations.

After applying the latest firmware update, I can confirm that the TBEs are all GONE. I have not been able to recreate them at all. However, if I provide full throttle in P-mode, or anything more than half-throttle in S-mode, I have the constant "magnetic interference fly with caution" error.

From what I understand, on my unit, under high current draw, one of my compasses gets extremely noisy. With this latest firmware update, the MP disables or ignores the noisy compass, and instead begins to rely on the less noisy compass. Apparently it didn't do that before the update. As a consequence, the bad compass data conflicted with the GPS, causing the GPS to drop out (warning poor GPS fly carefully), and the TBE commenced. Now, the compass is changed and a warning message that magnetic interference is present is displayed - and the TBE is gone

Since clearly some MP owners have not seen this warning after the update, and others have, my guess is that there is a physical hardware difference - whether components, or assembly technique - where some MPs are immune to the interference, and others (like me) are not.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Hello. Did 5 long flights yesterday after upgrading firmware. I have huge issues with crashing of DJI GO 4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Really dont know how to solve this. Sometimes when I turn on the RC and open the DJI GO 4 app, it is still disconnected (I did not get a notice "RC connected"). Today I also experienced often disconnecting of RC and aircraft, getting 2x YELLOW flash and absolutely unable to get connected with the aircraft.

1) should I have turned on "USB debbuging" in my settings of mobile phone?
2) when turn on RC, it opened app and it is still disconnected (it started to charge the phone). Should I turn on the aircraft now? Because I dont know WHY it is not "RC connected" in my app
3) when I turn on aircraft - I got GO FLY and connected.4) immediately after take off I got a message "BATTERY ERROR" and disconnect.

Hello. Did 5 long flights yesterday after upgrading firmware. I have huge issues with crashing of DJI GO 4 app on my Samsung Galaxy S7. Really dont know how to solve this. Sometimes when I turn on the RC and open the DJI GO 4 app, it is still disconnected (I did not get a notice "RC connected"). Today I also experienced often disconnecting of RC and aircraft, getting 2x YELLOW flash and absolutely unable to get connected with the aircraft.

1) should I have turned on "USB debbuging" in my settings of mobile phone?
2) when turn on RC, it opened app and it is still disconnected (it started to charge the phone). Should I turn on the aircraft now? Because I dont know WHY it is not "RC connected" in my app
3) when I turn on aircraft - I got GO FLY and connected.4) immediately after take off I got a message "BATTERY ERROR" and disconnect.

Try clean installing the DJIGO 4 app as described at
S7 Edge and DJI GO 4 Make sure to delete the folders as described.
This fixed DJIGO 4 for me with s7 edge.

No I do not have USB debugging on. I can turn AC or RC on in any sequence an it will connect.

Anyone have an issue with loading the new firmware update? Mine loads so slow it times out before it can get completed and the drone shuts off. All batteries are charged.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Anyone have an issue with loading the new firmware update? Mine loads so slow it times out before it can get completed and the drone shuts off. All batteries are charged.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I didn't have those issues, but, I did get fooled into thinking I updated when I didn't. When I first read about the update here, I powered up my MP. As soon as the RC connected, and the DJI GO 4 app started on my phone, I got prompted that there was a firmware compatibility issue. I ASSumed that was the firmware everyone here was talking about, so I swiped to accept, and let it do its thing. It took about 5 min, and upon completing, told me to power cycle everything. I did. I then flew and never saw any compass error messages - which I fully expected given how consistent my TBE flights were.

That prompted me to verify the firmware, and sure enough, it was NOT current. I had to go to the status screen, and next to firmware, it said "upgrade"... At that point, it took much longer to download (I'm on a DSL connection) and the full install took more than 15 min.

I don't know what the first 'firmware incompatibility' message was all about. I was foolish to just accept it without studying what it meant.

I didn't have those issues, but, I did get fooled into thinking I updated when I didn't. When I first read about the update here, I powered up my MP. As soon as the RC connected, and the DJI GO 4 app started on my phone, I got prompted that there was a firmware compatibility issue. I ASSumed that was the firmware everyone here was talking about, so I swiped to accept, and let it do its thing. It took about 5 min, and upon completing, told me to power cycle everything. I did. I then flew and never saw any compass error messages - which I fully expected given how consistent my TBE flights were.

That prompted me to verify the firmware, and sure enough, it was NOT current. I had to go to the status screen, and next to firmware, it said "upgrade"... At that point, it took much longer to download (I'm on a DSL connection) and the full install took more than 15 min.

I don't know what the first 'firmware incompatibility' message was all about. I was foolish to just accept it without studying what it meant.

Had you just put a new battery in?

I don't recall, but it's quite possible. Received my two new batteries on Tuesday and am just getting to rotate them.

The batteries need to be updated, which is most likely what the first update you saw was. Updating to the firmware you had at the time on your drone and RC. The 2 batteries that were not in when you did this latest update, will now need to be updated as well to the new firmware.

Yes the "Compatibility" warning is about the battery firmware. You slide and then the update happens and only take a couple of minutes. Firmware is done in the Home screen (or via Assistant 2).

Few days ago I updated firmware in RC and aircraft using Assistant 2. Everything has been updated. But when I inserted another batteries into Mavic next day, there was NO notification about inconsistent battery firmware. No update at all. I also got "battery error" during the flight. How can I check if the battery has the latest firmware?

It was one of your batteries updating FW on that occasion. I had the same thing. To check what FW you are on the MP and RC go to the about section on the GO app last menu and check there after each upgrade.

ow need to be updated as well to the new fir
Few days ago I updated firmware in RC and aircraft using Assistant 2. Everything has been updated. But when I inserted another batteries into Mavic next day, there was NO notification about inconsistent battery firmware. No update at all. I also got "battery error" during the flight. How can I check if the battery has the latest firmware?

I am also curious if there is a way to check for the battery having the latest firmware as I have only done one of my batteries but the other is not done...

For Auto Return, cant we simply set it to Min RTH height as like 100 meters, etc ?

For Auto Return, cant we simply set it to Min RTH height as like 100 meters, etc ?
Yes, thats my strategy, although its 50m here, rural surrounding, trees are at 40m Maximum :)
So i can turn off OA ans still feel safe.

Ender

Last edited:
I agree. No calibrations are actually required post update, unless the system prompts you. Mine came up post update with everything including the compass looking as good as gold. Restarted with each of my three batteries aboard to update them and all good to go. No Calibrations. I am off to fly now.
Hi, possibly a silly question but due to the fact I live in a 5th floor apartment, will this effect IMU set up. I only received the Mavic yesterday and have completed every calibrating and upgrade needed except the IMU. I live in a raining Ireland so it maybe a while before I get out with it.

due to the fact I live in a 5th floor apartment, will this effect IMU set up.
No. You can calibrate the IMU inside on a level surface.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest