DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware is out (12-6) v1.03.0000

Put all three batteries through mine post update. No recals done. All good so far.

Am curios though....

"Improved magnetic detection for the remote controller. The aircraft will now return to home when strong magnetic interference is detected."

Shouldn't this detection be for the aircraft not the RC?

Will be very interested to see if/when/how frequently this new RTH trigger occurs.

I got some high speed wind warnings today... Does it help tell you which direction and what speed the wind is blowing? The drone seemed fine, but I wasn't trying to cover much distance.

Last edited:
"Improved magnetic detection for the remote controller. The aircraft will now return to home when strong magnetic interference is detected."

Shouldn't this detection be for the aircraft not the RC?
No, it means if invalid stick inputs/cal is detected (they are read by magnetic sensors) that will trigger RTH. Before it would give you a stick error but not trigger RTH.

You just aged yourself :) lol - thanks for the smile this morning. BTW, I was a Betamax guy :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol :) me too ... it was so much better and more compact ...... and the pin slips out of the hand grenade ..... ;)

Reactions: BigDan
No, it means if invalid stick inputs/cal is detected (they are read by magnetic sensors) that will trigger RTH. Before it would give you a stick error but not trigger RTH.
Ah I see, that makes good sense now you have explained it. Thankyou.

Please check ALL settings within DJI GO after updating. I wondered today why Sports mode did not work any longer and found out that enhanced flight modes have been disabled. Also stick filtering values and expo has been reset to default.

I only calibrate when the app requires it. My mavic has flown flawlessly and continues to.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Please check ALL settings within DJI GO after updating. I wondered today why Sports mode did not work any longer and found out that enhanced flight modes have been disabled. Also stick filtering values and expo has been reset to default.

Yes this is correct - I should've mentioned that. You'll have to go through every screen to get them all.

Just did my updates and took a quick fly. Everything looks Happy Happy! Nothing on the controller got re-set on me​

Strange, I completed the update successfully and immediately when into the menus to verify settings. I went into camera settings and still have Art and do not see the new ones. As mentioned before some values and the expo were reset. Also just to verify, I looked and at it does show 1.03.00000. Strange, happen to anyone else?

Seems this thread has started over. Lol. Thought we covered the reset of app settings 4 pages back. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

This doesn't make any sense at all but ok.

Most of the "smart watches" use some kind of magnets in them, I know the AW does. Strong enough that it can (and has on my Mavic) interfered with the compass calibration.

Wear yours, dont care. Others may want to avoid problems that can (and have) come up with the calibration.

Reactions: Kilrah
Strange, I completed the update successfully and immediately when into the menus to verify settings. I went into camera settings and still have Art and do not see the new ones. As mentioned before some values and the expo were reset. Also just to verify, I looked and at it does show 1.03.00000. Strange, happen to anyone else?
Did you reboot everything after the update, including closing the app completely as required?

Ok thanks , I don't want to do something stupid and put my mavic at risk by not updating firmware and apps. But mine is acting so good on the old dji go app and current firmware that I'm reluctant to change anything

Then don't.

I have a P3P and a P4. The P3P is a few fw update behind, it flies flawlessly I was never tempted to do fw update after reading all posts in the forum. The P4 is also couple of fw updates behind, and I am not excited to do an update anytime soon. Have not had any problems with both birds, they work like a charm, nice pictures and videos. RTH works they way it is supposed, range is very good, OA on the P4 works they way it is supposed to.

My Mavic is on its way, I just received tracking numbers with a delivery date of Friday. I am going to do the same thing I did with both of my drones, I am going to fly it for a bit and if there are no issues I'm going keep it that way. However I am not totally opposed to fw updates if there is a know issue. I was reading a thread on the P4P forum, the drone has a very dangerous issue with RTH that can be fixed with a fw update. That is a clear example when I would do a fw update.

Don't forget to do all calibrations after updating. Good luck to those that do not wait to see if there is any major issues.

Also the Manual has been updated to v1.2.

Is it really neccessary to do the calibrations after updating and why? Thanks:)

When to Recalibrate

When compass data is abnormal.
When flying in a new location or in a location that is different from the most recent flight.
When severe drifting occurs in flight, i.e. the aircraft does not fly in straight line.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun