DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Firmware is out (12-6) v1.03.0000

This is my first drone. Can someone please tell me why my remote says manual rth and stick emi 2 after the latest update on DJI go 4 app?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

On my app the words calibrate in a box appear before the compass item, is this what indicates it needs calibration or just offering the option as I've calibrated it 3 times and it's still there.

On my app the words calibrate in a box appear before the compass item, is this what indicates it needs calibration
No. That's just how you start the compass calibration.

Reactions: Mahoosiv
This is my first drone. Can someone please tell me why my remote says manual rth and stick emi 2 after the latest update on DJI go 4 app?

I think its because it resets everything for some reason ... you will need to walk through the settings and set them back to what you need them to be i had to reset mine after the update.

I am not claiming to be the king of drones and I am still learning new things everyday. But with that said there is a ton of bad info on this forum. Most people here are buying their first drone and are nervous enough. I can just see the person getting ready for their first flight. Preflight check list takes 30 mins and the battery is dead. Read the manual and spend time adjusting all settings in the go app. Take it slow and under control your first flights. These drones are incredibly smart computers and will let you know when their sensors find a problem. The only things that are mandatory are the prompts on the screen that will not let you fly until they are corrected. Now all you newbies get out there and have fun with your new toy.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
"A ton of bad info" - I've got lots of experience and I don't see a ton of bad info here. If you see "bad info" you should call it out rather than paint such a broad negative stroke.

Reactions: BigDan
"A ton of bad info" - I've got lots of experience and I don't see a ton of bad info here. If you see "bad info" you should call it out rather than paint such a broad negative stroke.

Well I guess I am wrong. A lot of good info here.

Is it really neccessary to do the calibrations after updating and why? Thanks:)

Even though it may not be referenced in the manual, it's wise to calibrate after a firmware update since we have no idea what DJI has written into the code with respect to algorithms and baseline calibrations for specific hardware modules.
By calibrating after a firmware update you are effectively giving the new code a baseline null reading on the sensors which cannot be a bad thing.(common sense)

For the most part, if you do not trust yourself well enough to perform a proper calibration....then maybe, UAS Aerial Flying is not a hobby for you. "We should get in...Where we fit in".

My Speculation on recent Mavic Compass Behavior.

Some of you may or may not already know, dji has began removing the Google Map feature from the firmware and replacing it with Apple Map's instead. Since the perception of the GO app all code has been written with formulas associated with Google Maps. There are clearly a number features in the GO app that function based on the aircraft's location. Obviously the Mavic has been introduced to a Compass Glitch with in the firmware. In the meantime dji will blow out several band-aids to get from one update to the next. Once $X_____ amount of dollars have been lost from warranty claims and such, a "it's-about-time" update will become available. Hopefully all our members here will survive the journey.

Some of you may or may not already know, dji has began removing the Google Map feature from the firmware and replacing it with Apple Map's instead.
No, they switched to Here Maps. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the firmware or aircraft, that's just an app/display/user interface thing. The aircraft couldn't care less about maps, all it knows about is raw coordinates..

No, they switched to Here Maps. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the firmware or aircraft, that's just an app/display/user interface thing. The aircraft couldn't care less about maps, all it knows about is raw coordinates..

Definitely it's apple maps on the iPhone version, maybe it's Here maps on android?

I hope it's apple maps on iOS ^^^ prefer google but that works anything besides here maps

Either way as Kilrah said the flavour of maps has zero effect on the Mavic compass.

I flew a couple of flights today with the new firmware and no calibrations at all - worked as great as ever. Rock solid.

FlyNfrank,
No one has ever said it better. I agree and do the same with each firmware update.

I wonder when the app will be fixed to track the MP as it flies - vs defaulting to the home point. I waste precious time trying to recenter the map on the aircraft.

This is simple... nothing bad has ever happened from calibrating your expensive drone. When things have gone wrong it almost always because the drone was malfunctioning. So calibrating insures a higher chance of a successful flight. You CANT destroy your drone by permorming a calibration but you CAN destroy your drone when it's NOT properly calibrated. It's simple math.

4 flights today on the new firmware in quite windy conditions with no issues at all all 4 flights i flew how to a point i wanted to hit RTH as i was testing the landing accuracy in the windy conditions and it landed on my home point flag every time witin inches each time this really is a very impressive drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest