DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

new firmware update has removed color grading

Bill combs

Reactions
today is the first day i had a chance to fly my m2pro after updating two days ago and i noticed that my encoding format had changed from h265 to h264 also all of my color choices are missing like cinematic or true color etc has anyone experienced this as well?

today is the first day i had a chance to fly my m2pro after updating two days ago and i noticed that my encoding format had changed from h265 to h264 also all of my color choices are missing like cinematic or true color etc has anyone experienced this as well?
Updating firmware resets many settings to default options.
Has yours reset options or removed them completely?

i have the mavic 2pro i know i had other choices like true color cinematic etc and now nothing?

When it's photo mode, there is no colour profiles. Only in video mode you can choose from normal, dlog, and hdr.

How can video be HDR? HDR is multiple photos taken at different exposure levels and then blended so that high contrast photos don't have areas too dark and too light.

I checked DJI's site to see if they updated the user manual. Still version from April. They do have the release notes updated though.
I would suggest downloading the April user manual and see if what you say is missing really was as you thought it was.

Last edited:
How can video be HDR? HDR is multiple photos taken at different exposure levels and then blended so that high contrast photos don't have areas too dark and too light.

I checked DJI's site to see if they updated the user manual. Still version from April. They do have the release notes updated though.
I would suggest downloading the April user manual and see if what you say is missing really was as you thought it was.

Sorry for confusing you. I should have said HGL but the word escaped my mind when writing and I didn't bother to check. It is a HDR format for broadcasting though. If you're interested, please check the other posts on this fourm such as this one DJI Mavic 2 Pro - HDR / HGL

To be fair, I myself did lost a few settings on the first page where the RTH Height normally sits, which caused me some panic. But after restarted AC, RC and DJI Go app, the settings were back. @Bill combs maybe you could try the trick and see if anything changes.

Reactions: Bill combs
To be fair, I myself did lost a few settings on the first page where the RTH Height normally sits, which caused me some panic. But after restarted AC, RC and DJI Go app, the settings were back. @Bill combs maybe you could try the trick and see if anything changes.
Believe me I have I even went to the assistant 2 and the new firmware isn't even listed yet should the old ones are there?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan