DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Any firmware you want, on the first page of the app (with the pictures of drones and stuff) hold down the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner for three seconds and follow the prompts.
Can you confirm that for sure? I could have sworn that .400 was the earliest option offered to me when I downgraded on android through the Go4 app a couple of days ago. I could either upgrade to .550, downgrade to .400 or stay on .500 and that was it, no earlier than .400 was listed so I was under the impression that only the most recent three revisions were available.

Can you confirm that for sure? I could have sworn that .400 was the earliest option offered to me when I downgraded on android through the Go4 app a couple of days ago. I could either upgrade to .550, downgrade to .400 or stay on .500 and that was it, no earlier than .400 was listed so I was under the impression that only the most recent three revisions were available.
I will check now.

You are correct it is just the four most recent. . 400 and up.

Atti mode manually select is not gonna happen for sure
Why you think so? I whant it to fly indoors, i dont whant Jerky movements and jumps of mavic when suddenly it get GPS signal for amonent indoors, also there are a lot places where GPS signal is weak so i want to get ability to decide myself whether I will fly there

You are correct it is just the four most recent. . 400 and up.
Yeah that's what I was worried about and is pretty much putting me off trying a newer firmware, I don't want to get stuck on it, I only just downgraded to .400 though so I guess I'll watch and wait for a while to see how .600 seems.

I did ask in another thread but didn't get any takers - does anyone know if it's possible to cache an earlier firmware perhaps with the assistant application on a PC, so as to retain the option to roll back to it later.

Reactions: lekrantz
Yeah that's what I was worried about and is pretty much putting me off trying a newer firmware, I don't want to get stuck on it, I only just downgraded to .400 though so I guess I'll watch and wait for a while to see how .600 seems.

I did ask in another thread but didn't get any takers - does anyone know if it's possible to cache an earlier firmware perhaps with the assistant application on a PC, so as to retain the option to roll back to it later.
When did they remove DJI GO accessibility and switch to GO 4 only,. 400?

Now does this improve or get rid of the "water paint affect" videos ?

I'm wondering same thing. I tend to get it more when using a ND filter setting to manual because some times I would be underexposed so their algorithm just mushes every thing. If I set to Auto Color: None 0, 0, 0 footage is usable.

Well, that didn't go well. I have now tried 3 times to update using the GO 4 app and 3 more times using the Mac app I can't get a success update to 600. Last week I updated to 550 using the GP 4 app and it worked first time but 600 is failing every time.

Long pause at 74% then it seems to proceed and I finally get a error message saying update failed with undefined error 0002 and asking me to restart and retry.

Further message is firmware incompatibility between some modules.

I have tried to roll back (refresh as they call it) to V550

:-(

When did they remove DJI GO accessibility and switch to GO 4 only,. 400?
I don't think they've removed the ability to use the assistant application, I just haven't tried it.

Does anyone know if it gives you the ability to roll back to an arbitrarily earlier firmware rather than just a few of the most recent?

I don't think they've removed the ability to use the assistant application, I just haven't tried it.

Does anyone know if it gives you the ability to roll back to an arbitrarily earlier firmware rather than just a few of the most recent?
Not the assistant but the old GO app; now we have to use GO4 before we could use either.

Oh I see yes, I'm too new to have used the earlier Go app but I think I've read that happened with .500, can't be sure though.
Heck, your not new: when I see a post by you I am sure to read it.

What I find a little frustrating is that in the DJI release notes for the .600 firmware they don't mention, what I would consider, is the most significant feature - the fixing if the API calls for the 3rd party software. (Litchi/Autopilot)

I know they (DJI and others) don't like to admit to any bugs in their software but they could have wrapped it up like "Stability improvements to 3rd party API" They have got bad press here about introducing the bug - so why not shout about the fact they have fixed it?

The other important change in .600 is the re-enabling left-stick-up to abort landing. Not only is this a good, intuitive safty feature, but it also demonstrates that DJI are listening to what users want. A good PR thing to admit to I would have thought? "Back by popular demand!"

A new flight mode as the headline - Yes that makes sense. But removing a battery "beep"? Not exactly something to get excited about compared to the other changes above.

Still, very happy to have Litchi back - (when I'm brave enough to move on from 400)

Nice RTH Cancel button added on-screen DJI Go-4. Also, after updates, digital zoom no longer works for 4K...

Firmware : v01.03.0600
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.0.7
DJI GO 4 App Android : v4.0.6

Has anyone else noticed DJI marked the v1.03.0600 firmware update for the above listed app versions? I also looked at my google playstore account app GO4 and it had todays date as the last time the app was updated. But I have yet to see any of the mentioned app versions pop up anywhere, yet.

So this was an interesting issue. About halfway into the waypoint flight of a basic rectangle pattern, the gimble looses all control and becomes completely unresponsive.

After flipping up and down several times, I finally get it to respond but it's hypersensitive and I can't even correct it to get a look at the horizon.

At this point I paused the mission and did a manual RTH and as the drone started to gain altitude the gimble went right back to normal.

Zero issues with autofocus on this trip other than one instance in the beginning. Drone wouldn't focus on my vehicle from about 100' distance at 75' elevation. Manual focus wouldn't even get me there.

Landed, rebooted everything, took back off and no issues three batteries later.

Getting a bit frustrated. Is Litchi more stable on .0400?

SomeView attachment 10386 times, and this is my belief, they bring out new firmware, not to improve the existing one, but to correct some big mess in the previous version. Specially in this case when there's less than a week between them..:oops:. One thing is clear, I will update mine ASAP just in case; I flew my MV just an hour ago, to find that there was a lot of interference, new to me on a well known area; so bad I had to abort my mission without delay..
BR,
Spanish Flyer
PS. was trying to take photos of a roman bridge at the proper height, but had to take a couple much higher than planned.

Que bonito, un saludo de otro español expatriado en Panamá

So is everyone having issues? I dunno if i want to upgrade from .550 now

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn