DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

Anyone did a range test?
Flew away 2.8kms (9186 feet for the metrically challenged) in a straight line yesterday without a hitch. And that is with the lower power emission we are forced to in Europe!

Reactions: Mr Spock
I remember reading earlier in an firmware update thread that the beeping volume for a controller low battery warning could be adjusted, (turned down).
I also read someone suggesting that the beeping volume for the aircraft RTH warning, (sounded by the controller), could also be turned down.
However yesterday when I initiated a loss of connection and allowed a RTH to begin, I couldn't find any way to adjust the RTH beeping volume
within the GO app or the on the controller.
Has anyone found a button or setting to adjust the RTH beeping volume in v01.03.0600 and GO 4.0.7?

The blinking means there is interference detected. The RC signal can do the same. Normal behaviour and not related to this update, it was always there.
Oh, ok. Thanks for the reply. Now I wonder how I didn't see it before.

How do you use the "Find My Drone" feature.....I didn't see any mention of it in the latest users manual?

59ad6d6ec53900965d746edb9492f9a0.jpg

I have not tried it yet. It's similar to find my iPhone. It points on map last known location for the drone.

Again.... I haven't tried it yet. So I can speak much about it.

Mike

Poor performance - lag, hangups, etc, using the 550 firmware.

Upgraded everything to 600, new DJI Go 4. Fxed wing mode looks interesting, but does not seem to work in simulator. I will give it all a shot when it stops raining.

Call me an optimist, but I have a good feeling about this rev. Someone in the software dept is sweating bullets and they have my sympathy. BTDT. I hope they delivered this time.

What is the smooth option on the Rc transmitted quality settings? It was HD and normal before. Now they added smooth and video can only be at 1080p with this smooth option. Anyone knows what does smooth do? Thanks.

Reactions: Sdt09
I'm going to assume here it transmits the best quality based on the connection. So instead of losing feed from camera it can lower quality yet continue to provide images without it being spotty or jumping/skipping images.

Reactions: İmaginecars
I'm going to assume here it transmits the best quality based on the connection. So instead of losing feed from camera it can lower quality yet continue to provide images without it being spotty or jumping/skipping images.

It does sound like it as it puts the video recording to only 1080p. Let's try it.

I remember reading earlier in an firmware update thread that the beeping volume for a controller low battery warning could be adjusted, (turned down).
I also read someone suggesting that the beeping volume for the aircraft RTH warning, (sounded by the controller), could also be turned down.
However yesterday when I initiated a loss of connection and allowed a RTH to begin, I couldn't find any way to adjust the RTH beeping volume
within the GO app or the on the controller.
Has anyone found a button or setting to adjust the RTH beeping volume in v01.03.0600 and GO 4.0.7?

Press the power button once while it's beeping to mute it.

Don't worry, the controller won't turn off.

Flew away 2.8kms (9186 feet for the metrically challenged) in a straight line yesterday without a hitch. And that is with the lower power emission we are forced to in Europe!

I made a test.
Take off, few settings using 2/3% of battery, then switched in sport mode and went straight line for 4km and made a u turn without stopping and back home always at full throttle. Arrived at starting point with 32% battery left and no issues at all.
Recorded at 2k.

Reactions: Rnl and Mavicsailor
Updated last night and everything seems to have gone smoothly. I did have a few questions about two things that are bugging me. First, the green AF box that comes up when you tap to focus seems to be staying on screen instead of disappearing after a few seconds. It stays no matter if i'm in the default screen with all the OSD showing or I swipe to get rid of all OSD. Also in the no OSD view there is a new display in the upper right hand corner showing my devices battery level. How do I make these go away? I like the full screen non OSD mode to not have any OSD items at all.......that's kinda the point lol.

Reactions: Sdt09
59ad6d6ec53900965d746edb9492f9a0.jpg

I have not tried it yet. It's similar to find my iPhone. It points on map last known location for the drone.

Again.... I haven't tried it yet. So I can speak much about it.

Mike
Thanks...I didn't think to look there for it......will do so when I get home tonight.

Those having problems with the upgrade check the manufacturing date of your mavic: DJI Mavic Pro Serial Number Decoder

We might see a pattern showing us that a certain manufacturing date range causes trouble indicating there might be some hardware revision with problems.

Mine was manufactured on February 28th 2017 and never had any problems. Upgrades go smooth, it flies well.

Adding the manufacturing date to your signature might also be a good idea so others can see when eventual trouble drones were built.
Mine was manufactured on 12/01/2016 and no major issues to-date (knock on wood) with functionality or during updates. The only issue I seem to have is related to DJI assistant 2 on my I-Mac where I can't perform a sensor calibration. The screen never displays the grid patterns so I have to abort out. However, I can do it on my Windows laptop.....so I do have a work around but an issue none the less.

Against my own advice I updated to this new firmware and right away it bites me in the butt. after the firmware update the gimble wouldn't calibrate correctly on start up, it would actually get stuck on the arm of the gimble. and gave me gimble overload, gimble obstruction warnings. I had to physically move the camera off the arm. That and when it does its starting calibration it seems to slam into something when it calibrates downwards. I finally got the gimble to stop getting stuck on the arm but it still slams into something on the downward calibration.

Reactions: Bintryin
I have to admit all these updates coming at us makes me bit nervous that they are finding it necessary to do so many updates. Are they releasing them before they are fully vetted or are we Beta testers for them?? I don't know but I feel pretty sure that as long as we have the very latest DJI supplied updates installed, then it would make it very difficult for DJI to deny a claim for damage or loss.

Reactions: Flange4 and Sdt09
Well tilted horizon here we come lol, or just put it in fpv mode instead off follow.

Against my own advice I updated to this new firmware and right away it bites me in the butt. after the firmware update the gimble wouldn't calibrate correctly on start up, it would actually get stuck on the arm of the gimble. and gave me gimble overload, gimble obstruction warnings. I had to physically move the camera off the arm. That and when it does its starting calibration it seems to slam into something when it calibrates downwards. I finally got the gimble to stop getting stuck on the arm but it still slams into something on the downward calibration.
how did you come to the conclusion that the firmware update has anything to do with the gimble getting stuck on the arm during calibration? It sounds like a hardware issue to me as there must be some free play in the joints or something that is bent/broken that is allowing it to contact the arm as it goes thru it's movements. Not sure how a firmware update could result in a hardware issue such as this.

Perhaps the gimbal isn't seated correctly. See this post it might help.
Gimble shake error

Did you have an ND filter on at the time? This happened to me once when I did not have the ND filter fully seated. It caused the edge to get stuck on the arm during calibration. Once I fully seated the filter, all was good.

how did you come to the conclusion that the firmware update has anything to do with the gimble getting stuck on the arm during calibration? It sounds like a hardware issue to me as there must be some free play in the joints or something that is bent/broken that is allowing it to contact the arm as it goes thru it's movements. Not sure how a firmware update could result in a hardware issue such as this.
Because its never done it before. I just turned it on before the firmware update and it didn't do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobsuruncle