DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware: V01.03.0600

I have done a number of updates now and have never had a problem. I always start Assistant 2 first, then connect the Mavic or RC. I always use the cable that came with the Mavic and always connect it direct to a usb port on the computer, never through a hub.

Anyone else experiencing extreme drifting (10 foot before I corrected it) and altitude loss (slowly descends until it lands) when hovering? It used to be rock solid. I have tried re-calibrating the IMU and compass and also refreshing the firmware in the assistant app.
I tried flying tonight, was pretty dark out. When I took off it did not hover around 4 feet, it just kept on going up. I pulled down on the stick but then it just wanted to go back up. This continued to happen, also was not very stable, moved around a lot. Will try again in the morning. Maybe with no light it could not figure out where it was??

No, mines as rock steady as always but can I suggest you check the control stick calibration on your hand controller. If it's out it can actually be commanding your craft to move even if your not touching the sticks
Thanks will try that. I have not calibrated anything very much always has been real stable, but I guess now is the time..

I'm done. after trying everything, only to have DJI tell me to send in the mavic for further research, and telling me it must be a problem with my computer board in the mavic, i'm staying at .0550. I missed a beautiful day of flying because of this crap.

I think I was able to finally convince the tech I talked to that I wasn't the only person having this issue, especially after he told me to wait until the next firmware release. I think they know there is a problem.

Same for me. Something is strange on 600. I can not upgrade....

TO ALL:

Do you also have on the device manager under "Other devices" an "unknwon" device?
>You see this item only if you click hidden devices on the "view-menu" item.

Maybe all peoples who have problems to update does have such a device. I have already received a few new drivers from dji but none helps....

This device is only active (Yellow exclatation mark) a short time during booting up the RC or AC, after that it is hidden and "Disconnected"

The same "unknown device" appears

Port_#0001.Hub_#0003

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

Device Instance path: USB\VID_1AB7&PID_2100\6&D297EF0&0&1
Parent Device: USB\VID_2109&PID_2812\5&16bdd27b&0&1

Hardware Ids:
USB\VID_1AB7&PID_2100&REV_0100
USB\VID_1AB7&PID_2100

Andy

Last edited:
Hello to All,

Since the latest update (0600), I am not able to succeed in the Gimbal auto-calibration process...
The gimbal autocalibration process fail after 68% (???).
Before this update (<=0550) the gimbal auto-calibration worked properly...
Does someone have this kind of problem ?

Look the screen copy (attached) of my Ipad mini 4 which shows the gimbal calibration failure.
Thanks for your help...
Sincerely

Hello to All,
New attempt about the gimbal auto-calibration :
  1. reset to factory default with the latest firmware 0060 with DJI Assistant 2
  2. calibrating compass with DJI GO 4 : OK :)
  3. calibrating IMU with DJI GO 4 : OK :)
  4. gimbal au-calibration sill FAIL at 68%... :(
  5. Tested the MAVIC Pro in flight : NO PROBLEM all works well, all features are OK Thumbswayup ;)
I suspect that this ONLY the auto-calibration process with DJI GO 4 (ios) which is buggy :D...

Sincerely

Reactions: Gray_seagull
SomeView attachment 10386 times, and this is my belief, they bring out new firmware, not to improve the existing one, but to correct some big mess in the previous version. Specially in this case when there's less than a week between them..:oops:. One thing is clear, I will update mine ASAP just in case; I flew my MV just an hour ago, to find that there was a lot of interference, new to me on a well known area; so bad I had to abort my mission without delay..
BR,
Spanish Flyer
PS. was trying to take photos of a roman bridge at the proper height, but had to take a couple much higher than planned.

Beautiful picture!

I don't know if it might help.
I've experienced some problems during update app always asking confirmation for download and not advancing at all; exited app, turned off phone/MP/router......nothing worked. Finally i stopped using my macbook while trying to update.......and the download went straight till the end with no issues at all and in 15min it was done. Looks like there was some interference between mac and iphone and the GP app doesen't like instable connections.

Warning:

Ever since I updated, my manual camera settings reset to default when I switch camera modes video/picture.
Example. Say I set my ISO, shutter for a picture, then switch it to video for a moment, the settings all go back to default. When I return to the picture mode same deal. Doesn't remember my settings.

Is this a new problem or a known one?

I wonder if the gimbal startup sequence is now going through a larger range of motion than it did previously. I had mine do a Gimbal Auto Callibration from the gimbal settings menu, and noticed that the calibration routine is different than it was with a new slow left-right panning pass. So it's possible that the startup sequence has changed as well.
I'm using the Taco ND filters and have not had it cause an obstruction yet.

To add to this: if I leave the mavic landed and turn the left stick (Mode 2) to the left and right the camera actually turns a bit on the side I move the stick. Just a little, likely less than 10°, but this makes me guess: will the Mavic camera be able to be controlled sideways also? Big YUMMM!

This is not new.
It's a setting you can turn on and off.
It makes for smoother turns when flying.
It's been there as long as I've owned the Mavic.

To add to this: if I leave the mavic landed and turn the left stick (Mode 2) to the left and right the camera actually turns a bit on the side I move the stick. Just a little, likely less than 10°, but this makes me guess: will the Mavic camera be able to be controlled sideways also? Big YUMMM!
No. It's because pan synchronous follow is set to On. If you turn this option off the gimbal won't turn on yaw stick when the craft is on the ground and also won't "compensate" in flight.

Has anyone been able to confirm/replicate this NFZ LIMIT issue that is plaguing this firmware. Seems like you cannot take off if you have a weak gps signal? People have reported that they were unable to fly indoors..Im hesitant to update if this bug exists for sure.

Yes, it happened to me, but once you have had full GPS signal it does'nt show up again. Also my update was trouble free (Assistant 2 / PC/ Mavic and remote updated one by one.)

Finally updated to .600 and got some time to take it for testing. Everything went well (I can't have follow me mode working, tho, always the weak gps error popping), no drifting, no gimbal issues. I was flying with strong winds and I was amazed how well it did while hovering, you can't spot any drifting at all. However when I tried to test the new fixed wing mode I wan't able to activate it. The C1 appears after I move it forward for some speed, but as soon as I release the right joystick it stops hovering. Pressing the C1 doesn't do anything. Anyone experiencing the same problem?
Thx in advance!

Finally updated to .600 and got some time to take it for testing. Everything went well (I can't have follow me mode working, tho, always the weak gps error popping), no drifting, no gimbal issues. I was flying with strong winds and I was amazed how well it did while hovering, you can't spot any drifting at all. However when I tried to test the new fixed wing mode I wan't able to activate it. The C1 appears after I move it forward for some speed, but as soon as I release the right joystick it stops hovering. Pressing the C1 doesn't do anything. Anyone experiencing the same problem?
Thx in advance!

I think, sure someone can confirm, to enter fixed wing you have to press C1 and forward stick at the same time.

Reactions: D700
I guess you configured the C1 button to enter fixed wing when pressed, right?

Reactions: D700
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdevyview