DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New firmware

Happy Anniversary btw.

I'm late but did you notice that the wind warnings aren't as sensitive? I flew today and didn't get a single one and it was windy enough that I fully expected them.
Thanks Lon and been told that several times and had no clue till now. Don't seem that long since we started all this does it.
No I havn't even seen a wind warning with the 2 but still see them with the MP.

Thanks Lon and been told that several times and had no clue till now. Don't seem that long since we started all this does it.
No I havn't even seen a wind warning with the 2 but still see them with the MP.

Well when I first got my M2P every flight had them all over it constantly. Now after the update nothing and it was kinda windy. I know that was a complaint from some people, so I wondered if you've seen a difference?

Flip it into tripod mode and land it yourself. I took off from my case and landed back into the case this afternoon. 14"X18" no problem.

It's ridiculously easy to fly and land a decent modern drone - you don't even really need tripod mode if you don't mash the sticks and just tap them gently to nudge the drone into position. I'd recommend practicing first on a nice flat surface where accuracy doesn't really matter, but it's worth learning how just in case you end up somewhere that only has thick grass or some other unsuitable surface and your case/bag is the only option.

I've always had issues manually doing pinpoint landings. If I touch the stick a bit, I overshoot, or I get it to where it needs to be but then it slides back, like it has hysteresis.

As for C1/C2: be sure you have latest Go obtained from the store (iOS 4.3.3, Android 4.3.2) and not side-loaded apk from apkMirror.
Be sure AC is connected to RC and RC connected to mobile. You'll not likely get the option if AC isn't detected.

I've always had issues manually doing pinpoint landings. If I touch the stick a bit, I overshoot, or I get it to where it needs to be but then it slides back, like it has hysteresis.

As for C1/C2: be sure you have latest Go obtained from the store (iOS 4.3.3, Android 4.3.2) and not side-loaded apk from apkMirror.
Be sure AC is connected to RC and RC connected to mobile. You'll not likely get the option if AC isn't detected.

Bingo! I had mine connected to the computer with the remote off at first. No problem, turned on the remote and ta daa! It's funny how doing thing the right way will often get the best results!

I deal with pinPoint landing like this...... Tell the craft to land, watch it and a few seconds b4 touchdown, throw the landing pad below it......

Thanks for confirming C1/C2 options show correctly if RC/AC are corrected. I updated my tablet to 4.3.2 obtained from Google Play and saw the Chinese option. My M2 is on its way to DJI so I couldn't test with it connected.

Many options only work if AC is connected.

I don't think I'm understanding the AC / RC thing you're talking about.. sorry lol,
Are you saying that by doing what you're describing the Chinese letters for C1 C2 go away? Thanks

Come on over and see if you get a wind warning. :oops:
View attachment 50355
Not me bro, looks to breezy .;)
I guess what I'm not understanding is that it sounds like somebody fix or found a way to fix the Chinese lettering in the options?
And I was wanting to know how to change the Chinese lettering to English.
OK I misunderstood ,sorry. Have never had that issue so me be no help there . :)

Reactions: Turn11
Anyone else have the some weird update with no information today or yesterday. I updated mine to the newest firmware on Sunday. no issues, everything perfect then today, Tuesday I got a prompt to update aircraft but it had no information on it ?

I guess what I'm not understanding is that it sounds like somebody fix or found a way to fix the Chinese lettering in the options?
And I was wanting to know how to change the Chinese lettering to English.
Obviously DJI forgot to put the translation in so you'll have to wait for a future version where they fixed this.

Reactions: Zombiebrains
Anyone else have the some weird update with no information today or yesterday. I updated mine to the newest firmware on Sunday. no issues, everything perfect then today, Tuesday I got a prompt to update aircraft but it had no information on it ?

Yep same thing happened to me this morning. Same as you I updated the latest firmware last weekend & this morning got the update message. I just swiped to update & off it went.:rolleyes: Would it have something to do with Dji geo mapping?

Reactions: Leon928
My understanding was that the Chinese prompts went to normal English once the RC and AC were connected.

I'm on android and have update to the latest firmware and app. Had only 3 flights on previous firmware and all was working fine. Now I have the issue others are reporting. The icon for obstacle avoidance at the top of the main screen will not turn green, even when 'enabled' within the options. Others are saying it is OK because they still get the radar on the screen to show it is working. I'm not getting that either. Toggled it on/off, customised the weird Chinese option, which I believe is OA, on and off, but nothing fixes it. I have had nothing but issues with DJI products and honestly I'm beginning to think it's more hassle than it's worth. They are shocking.

Anyone had any concrete acknowledgement of this issue from DJI or any ETA on a fix?

I'm on android and have update to the latest firmware and app. Had only 3 flights on previous firmware and all was working fine. Now I have the issue others are reporting. The icon for obstacle avoidance at the top of the main screen will not turn green, even when 'enabled' within the options. Others are saying it is OK because they still get the radar on the screen to show it is working. I'm not getting that either. Toggled it on/off, customised the weird Chinese option, which I believe is OA, on and off, but nothing fixes it. I have had nothing but issues with DJI products and honestly I'm beginning to think it's more hassle than it's worth. They are shocking.

Anyone had any concrete acknowledgement of this issue from DJI or any ETA on a fix?
Same thing for me, but as soon as the bird is in the air, the sensors come on

Reactions: Chris Baish
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead