DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New guy from CT

kenny d

Reactions
Hello from Kenny in Seymour, Connecticut.

After a ton of research and a monetary reality check I decided on the Mavic Air - Fly More Combo as the best fit for me and made the purchase. The Mavic Pro Platinum had me intrigued for a while, but with rumors about the Pro 2 coming sometime later this year and my childish inability to wait any longer to get a drone, I picked up the MA since it was the newest DJI model available in my price range. And since I don’t own another drone to compare it to it’s the best drone I’ve ever flown!

I’m not new to R/C, I’ve been building, flying, and crashing planes and helicopters since the mid 1980s, probably before many of you were born. I was never a great pilot but I had a lot of fun in the hobby and just recently my 5 year old grandson showed interest in it, so we began building his first R/C airplane.

I look forward to flying, outfitting, and maintaining my new MA as well as learning to be a competent photographer/ videographer with it, too. So here I am, a virtual blank tape, ready to absorb as much info from the forum as I can, and hopefully be able to share what I learn with others when I feel confident that I know what I’m doing.

If there’s anyone on the forum from CT, reach out and say hello and I’ll surely respond.

Thanks for reading this and happy and safe flying to you all.

Kenny

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Reactions: Ed_usa
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to MavicPilots!
I couldn't wait either and got the Pro but considered the Air as well. Don't think you can go wrong with either :) Waiting for my first flight though I have it all setup (firmware, etc.) Hoping this weekend though we may be getting some wet weather.

Hello from Kenny in Seymour, Connecticut.

After a ton of research and a monetary reality check I decided on the Mavic Air - Fly More Combo as the best fit for me and made the purchase. The Mavic Pro Platinum had me intrigued for a while, but with rumors about the Pro 2 coming sometime later this year and my childish inability to wait any longer to get a drone, I picked up the MA since it was the newest DJI model available in my price range. And since I don’t own another drone to compare it to it’s the best drone I’ve ever flown!

I’m not new to R/C, I’ve been building, flying, and crashing planes and helicopters since the mid 1980s, probably before many of you were born. I was never a great pilot but I had a lot of fun in the hobby and just recently my 5 year old grandson showed interest in it, so we began building his first R/C airplane.

I look forward to flying, outfitting, and maintaining my new MA as well as learning to be a competent photographer/ videographer with it, too. So here I am, a virtual blank tape, ready to absorb as much info from the forum as I can, and hopefully be able to share what I learn with others when I feel confident that I know what I’m doing.

If there’s anyone on the forum from CT, reach out and say hello and I’ll surely respond.

Thanks for reading this and happy and safe flying to you all.

Kenny
Howdy from Wyoming @kenny d , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! You'll love the Mavic Air, I can't seem to put mine back on the shelf :D Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair