DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New iPad w/ USB-C

UPTGrad

Reactions
Hi. Just a general question.
Got the new iPad pro w/ USB-C connection. Very nice iPad.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro, and noticed it's a little hard to find a USB to USB-C connector to connect to the Mavic 2 Controller.
However, the Mavic 2 Pro comes with a USB-C cable, so it's the only one I have.

Question. The USB-C that came with the iPad fits very nice.
However, the USB-C that came with the Mavic 2 Pro doesn't seem to connect as nicely to the iPad.
It's "almost" like they are slightly different. I feel like I would be forcing the Mavic's USB-C cable into the iPad, and I don't want to do that.

Anyone a cable expert?
Any thoughts on the Mavic 2 Pro's USB-C cable to the new iPad Pro's USB-C ?

Reactions: Flyingttcd
Pics? Can’t seem to find where to plug the “c” part into the m2 controller.

Darn! Burst my bubble. I was really hoping he had discovered a hidden feature that no one else had found. I’m really hoping the op has not damaged the micro USB port in the rc. I’ve seen someone else that didn’t know they had an adapter.

> … USB to USB-C connector

Hi. Sorry. The USB end goes into the Controller. The USB-C end goes into the iPad Pro.

The only cable I have or found, is the cable that came with the Mavic 2 Pro.
Usually, you connect the USB end into a computer, and the USB-C end into the aircraft.

The USB-C connector supplied by Apple snaps nicely into the USB-C port of the iPad.
However, the USB-C end of the cable supplied with the Mavic 2 Pro doesn't seem to snap nicely into the USB-C end of the iPad Pro. I feel like I would be forcing the cable into the iPad, so I stopped trying.

Was just wondering if anyone attempted this yet with the supplied USB-USB-C cable supplied from DJI with the new iPad with USB-C input/output port.

Thanks.

[Edit] Thanks for the picture idea :>)

I "assumed" all USB-C connectors were the same.

It looks like they are different.
Here, the new iPad pro's output is on the right.
Apple's USB-C connector is in white in the middle.
DJI's USB-C supplied cable with the mavic 2 Pro is on the left.

I guess they are different!
Glad I didn't force it in.
Looks like I'll have to use the older iPad until I get a better understanding of this.
Thanks for your time.

DJI.jpg

Last edited:
Probably the Apple doesn't need all the pins. C is a standard, but Apple likes to do its own thing. A standard C cable should work on the Apple, but not necessarily the Apple C cable work with other C devices.
My HTC 10 has a C socket. The short C cable doesn't go all the way into the HTC unless it is partially or completely out of that black square ring that's snapped into the arm.

Apple doing their own thing seems to be the issue is my guess also.

This thread comes up first when I searched for "USB-C Doesn't Fit" - and I think I'm not alone with this issue, so I figured I'd share what I've found. Maybe it'll help someone else.

My controller's Micro-USB A to USB-C adapter won't fit in the Micro-USB adapter port on the side. There's some sort of defect in the design and it won't click in - and I'm not going to break it trying.

A little searching, and Thunder recommends no one use that for the phone/tablet connection and use the USB port on the bottom instead.

To that end, I bought this USB 3.0 to USB-C right-angle adapter just now. As soon as it arrives, I should be in business. Not-so-amusingly, one of the product images shows it connected to a DJI controller.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079M6SKYH

Reactions: ff22
This thread comes up first when I searched for "USB-C Doesn't Fit" - and I think I'm not alone with this issue, so I figured I'd share what I've found. Maybe it'll help someone else.

My controller's Micro-USB A to USB-C adapter won't fit in the Micro-USB adapter port on the side. There's some sort of defect in the design and it won't click in - and I'm not going to break it trying.

A little searching, and Thunder recommends no one use that for the phone/tablet connection and use the USB port on the bottom instead.

To that end, I bought this USB 3.0 to USB-C right-angle adapter just now. As soon as it arrives, I should be in business. Not-so-amusingly, one of the product images shows it connected to a DJI controller.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079M6SKYH

You do have to use the side usb port to charge the controller. You can use the micro usb plug (the kind of trapezoidal shaped one) but just make sure to have it correctly oriented.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoenix_00002