DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Low Profile Controller-to-Tablet Adapter

halley

Reactions
Low Profile DJI Mavic Controller to Tablet Adapter by halley

I put together a new kind of controller/tablet adapter. Rather than relying on a plate-joint-post-joint-vice kind of mechanism, I designed and printed a simple chunk of plastic that you glue or epoxy to the back of any aftermarket tablet case. This stows well in a flight bag or hardcase, and takes almost no assembly time, compared to the adapters I've seen.
a5cc8267c2a0e98b1a224f3e424f6f4c_preview_featured.jpg

568babfff201e40e6d565974f8f00a15_preview_featured.jpg

The shape of the backside fits the controller arms exactly, and you can install in seconds. It does not rely on the pinching strength of the controller's grips, so there is no fighting the controller to make it clamp down, like with some phones.

I waited until I had accomplished ten flights with the new setup before posting. Further feedback welcome.

Last edited:
That's really nice! If you want any beta testers shoot me a pm...

Really want a 3D printer, almost got one that was on Slick Deals right around New Years! But then I saw the Mavic shipping dates fall to 7-10 days on 1/5 and that blew my budget way out of the water. So no 3D printer for now.

Anyhow props! Looks great.

Reactions: PSHulett
I would love to test this out. No access to a 3D printer as well. Been looking for something so I could use my iPad

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hum i might have to resurrect the 3D printer to have a go.

Ive never been lucky with it things keep moving on the hotbed after a while.

Low Profile DJI Mavic Controller to Tablet Adapter by halley

I put together a new kind of controller/tablet adapter. Rather than relying on a plate-joint-post-joint-vice kind of mechanism, I designed and printed a simple chunk of plastic that you glue or epoxy to the back of any aftermarket tablet case. This stows well in a flight bag or hardcase, and takes almost no assembly time, compared to the adapters I've seen.
a5cc8267c2a0e98b1a224f3e424f6f4c_preview_featured.jpg

568babfff201e40e6d565974f8f00a15_preview_featured.jpg

The shape of the backside fits the controller arms exactly, and you can install in seconds. It does not rely on the pinching strength of the controller's grips, so there is no fighting the controller to make it clamp down, like with some phones.

I waited until I had accomplished ten flights with the new setup before posting. Further feedback welcome.
Not bad...I only use my Shield for flying, thus I'm cool with gluing a piece of plastic onto it.

Looks good, but the only problem is you are then holding the tablet and stretching to the thumb controls, not good. Try my design which gives the original hand positions, nice and comfortable with no stretch to the controls.
8C0B91A3-6280-4FC6-BE8E-AD12CB4DB187.jpg
IMG_1444.JPG

Last edited:
Looks good, but the only problem is you are then holding the tablet and stretching to the thumb controls, not good. Try my design which gives the original hand positions, nice and comfortable with no stretch to the controls.

There's a thousand variations on that. It doesn't pack well, and it blocks the controller screen. If you like that design, fine, it's listed in other threads. This thread is for my low profile adapter.

I guess that works. As you see in the photos, I spent about $6 on a typical thin case and glued the plastic to that instead.
Oh, I didn't even realize that you had a case on it

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scottster03