DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New M2P pilot with interest in fishing and cycling

Honbyisterisis

Reactions
Hello all. I am new to the drone scene. I only have a couple of M2P flights under my belt.

I have interest in photography/videography and my other hobbies include fishing and cycling.

I recently bought a gannet release system from Drone Sky Hook. I took it to the beach today and failed twice, because it failed to disengage. I am just reading up to see what the problem might have been and it seems like the LEDs automatically turn off when recording video... Since this gannet works by light sensor, that might explain why it didn’t work... Although that doesn’t explain why it didn’t disengage after rotating the drone counter-clockwise twice (back up release command).

Long story short, I’m new and I have a lot to learn! Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.

Hobbyistersis

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum :)

Hello all. I am new to the drone scene. I only have a couple of M2P flights under my belt.

I have interest in photography/videography and my other hobbies include fishing and cycling.

I recently bought a gannet release system from Drone Sky Hook. I took it to the beach today and failed twice, because it failed to disengage. I am just reading up to see what the problem might have been and it seems like the LEDs automatically turn off when recording video... Since this gannet works by light sensor, that might explain why it didn’t work... Although that doesn’t explain why it didn’t disengage after rotating the drone counter-clockwise twice (back up release command).

Long story short, I’m new and I have a lot to learn! Looking forward to learning a lot on this forum.

Hobbyistersis
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new Mavic 2 Pro. Fly safe and have fun!

Hobbyistersis
Did you ever get your Drone Hook operating using the C1 C2 buttons? Mine will work with rotation, but not so far with the C buttons.
Thanks,
Rod
MA2E Dual

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to your contribution.

Hey, I'm a cyclist, outdoorsman, Mavic Mini pilot, and a Phantom 3 Pro pilot. Hope we get to highlight our other passions with this fun hobby. I hadn't registered for this forum until I saw your post. Welcome!

Edit: Whoops. Didn't see that your original post was over a year old. Apologies, and my comment stands.

Last edited:
Welcome to our forum, from Texas!

You'll find that the M2P almost flies itself. This can lead to overconfidence. Try to be conservative at first, and expand your horizons gradually.

Read your manual, and practice using "Find My Drone". Chances are you'll crash and perhaps lose your drone
. Don't wait 'til that happens to try to learn under less than ideal conditions.

We have over 100,000 members more from around the world who will help you learn your new hobby. Some of them, surely, are familiar with Sky Hook. I'm not. Ask for help when you need it. Share your work when you can!

Glad you've joined us!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000