DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Air user

Creek.Jumper

Reactions
So far lots of fun! Since i'm reading several people are having issues with the wifi signal, what happens in that situation? Does the drone RTH?

What's the exact situation you have in mind?

For example if the drone is several hundred meters away, and the wifi signal is lost. Does the drone return to home?
No. RTH is only automatically initiated if the remote controller signal is lost.

If you're referring to flying without a remote controller, RTH will also be auto initiated if the mobile device disconnects from the drone.

Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your Mavic Air, Fly safe and have fun!

No. RTH is only automatically initiated if the remote controller signal is lost.

If you're referring to flying without a remote controller, RTH will also be auto initiated if the mobile device disconnects from the drone.

I see. Yes I meant with the remote controller. Thanks!

Sorry. One more question. Will the wifi and R/C connect again on the RTH?

Sorry. One more question. Will the wifi and R/C connect again on the RTH?
It should. I've had mine lose connection and start a RTH and reconnect on the way back. I was then able to regain control of the drone and continue my flight.

Will the wifi and R/C connect again on the RTH?
If the remote controller disconnects due to an obstacle blocking the signal or the signal drops due to the drone being too far away, it will reconnect in many cases since the drone will move closer to you as it returns home. There are certainly some cases where that will not happen though. For example, if the headwind is too strong, the drone could make negative progress as it attempts to fly back to the home point. Or it could crash into an obstacle on its way back to the home point.

If the remote controller disconnects due to an obstacle blocking the signal or the signal drops due to the drone being too far away, it will reconnect in many cases since the drone will move closer to you as it returns home. There are certainly some cases where that will not happen though. For example, if the headwind is too strong, the drone could make negative progress as it attempts to fly back to the home point. Or it could crash into an obstacle on its way back to the home point.
All being well it shouldn’t crash into an obstacle on RTH, because it should follow the flight path it took to get to where it lost signal, unless you’ve set the RTH height too low.

All being well it shouldn’t crash into an obstacle on RTH, because it should follow the flight path it took to get to where it lost signal, unless you’ve set the RTH height too low.
It will only attempt to retrace the flight path for 60 seconds. After that point, it'll fly directly back to the home point.

The Mavic Air will attempt to RTH when the battery reaches the low level. If the battery reaches the critically low level at any time (even if it's returning home), it'll auto land at its current location.

Reactions: Lykus
It will only attempt to retrace the flight path for 60 seconds. After that point, it'll fly directly back to the home point.
Correct. Here’s the user guide text:

Failsafe RTH
The Forward Vision System allows the aircraft to create a real-time map of its flight route as it flies. If the Home Point was successfully recorded and the compass is functioning normally, Failsafe RTH will be automatically activated if the remote control signal is lost for a specified amount of time (three seconds when using the remote controller and 20 seconds when flying with a mobile device).
When Failsafe RTH is activated the aircraft starts to retrace its original flight route home. If the wireless control signal is re-established within 60 seconds of Failsafe RTH being activated, the aircraft hovers at its present location for 10 seconds and waits for pilot commands. The user may tap in the DJI GO 4 app or press the RTH button on the remote controller to cancel Failsafe RTH and retake control. If no pilot command is given the aircraft flies to the Home Point in a straight line. If the wireless control signal is still lost 60 seconds after Failsafe RTH was activated the aircraft stops retracing its original flight route and flies to Home Point in a straight line.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronecc