DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Mini pilot from Northern Ireland.

KoorbeladDigital

Reactions
Good morning folks (8.30am here).
I have just found this forum, and it seems to be the place to be in terms of contact with other drone pilots.
I just got my first drone, a Mavic Mini, just before lock-down was imposed here in Northern Ireland.
I have spend some time with test flights directly vertical above my home to a max height of 51m so far, but cant wait for the
lifting of the restrictions to get this baby out in the open.
UK CAA registered and pilots test taken, just to make sure all bases are covered.
I'm looking forward to getting some experience.

If there is anyone from Northern Ireland with locations that allow flights, i would love to know.

K.

Welcome to the forum. There was another member from Co Down that checked in a couple of days ago. You could maybe PM them for places to fly. See him HERE

Check out the CAA rulings for the distance regulations if you have not already done that. It might stop you getting into trouble.

CLICK HERE

Welcome to the forum. There was another member from Co Down that checked in a couple of days ago. You could maybe PM them for places to fly. See him HERE

Check out the CAA rulings for the distance regulations if you have not already done that. It might stop you getting into trouble.

CLICK HERE

Good morning deltamike, thanks for the heads up. i will look up the link to the Co. Down member.

I think im up to date in terms of regs such as distance etc. At all times I must maintain VLOS, stay 50m from people and buildings, and maintain a 150m distance from groups or gatherings of peopleand congested areas.

K.

Hi K,

You are welcome.

I approached a farmer the other day and asked him if he would mind if I could launch my M2P from a field he owns. After chewing on a bit of straw for a few seconds he told me I could providing I took some shots of his farm.

I did and was welcomed back anytime. Maybe you could possibly do the same.

Glad to see you are a responsible pilot. Well done

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post . Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum. I also fly a MM and have many fun flights. You will find plenty of support and assistance here. We look forward to your view of the world.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31