DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Owner, AR.

AgentOrange2015

Reactions
Like so many of us, we all sit on the side lines until we finally decide to get into the game. I remember when the Mavic was being introduced and you could not find one anywhere, no matter how hard you looked around. Finally, it was being shipped and almost in no time was running out of stock at every store, if they got any at all.

I had decided to wait on buying a Mavic Pro until some time had passed. This was to see if anything was seriously wrong with this new QuadCopter because in short order, people would be raising holy hell about the problem or problems they were encountering. This did not seem to be the case, so ordered mine yesterday and normally, I get fast service from the DJI online Store.

Back when I first started flying the Phantom 2 HD-3D, it was new to everyone and so we all learned together as a whole and believe me, it had it's problems right out of the box, so alot of your learning had to come from just trial and error and hopefully not it in the process have it fly off to nowhereland. However, I finally did loose a Phantom 3 Standard, which was my own fault, it was replaced and learned a few valuable lesson's due to the P3S 's loss.
(The P3S is probably still where I had to leave it, in about 60 feet of water.)

Really looking forward to seeing what I will learn with this new Mavic Pro in the coming months. Should be interesting and fun to say the least.

Good luck...you'll thoroughly enjoy it!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Cheers Guys and thanks for the Welcomes.
I got to thinking back and I remember I had a ton of fun with the Phantom 2 because we could do so many optional things to improve the P2. Remember that you were well advised to open up the P2 and install a copper or aluminum sheet to improve the P2's reception for Satellites, if you got 6, you were lucky, but with the sheet installed you could get up to ten if you were lucky. I still love the Phantom 2 Assistant that you use to program the P2 with. It makes you feel good to be able to adjust the settings and check existing. My original P2 I will not change a thing, it flies great. What I am saying is that with these new models, the Mavic, P4P, P3P, Inspire and such, they are basically idiot proof now. Only real concern today is updating the software and calibrating the compass. How anyone could crash the new models on landing is beyond me. I must have crashed a dozen or more times with the P2 until I figured out you had to leave the right stick alone completely when landing, left stick only. Have a great weekend guys. May be able to do some flying if it warms up enough today. P4 is ready to go.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23