Anyone else having this problem?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

mardare

Reactions
Update! I'm sending it back. It flies okay and haven't noticed any gimbal isuues during flight. However, the image quality seems to be terrible. Tested out HLG at 10bit ISO 100 and getting lots of noise in shadows
you can download the original uncompressed file from here hlg test.mov

So, DHL just delivered my Mavic Pro fly more combo. Everything looks fantastic BUT after closely inspecting the camera and gimbal found cosmetic damage on the gimbal assembly. (picture attached). I definitely saw another poster (either here or on DJI’s forum) with a similar cosmetic damage. I wonder if DJI had to rework all the 18th of July supposedly flawed gimbals and am a bit concerned about how thoroughly the repair was made, if this was the case. Now I don’t care about a minor cosmetic damage but this is not a cheap product and would have expected a better QC from DJI.

Attachments

• IMG_3145.jpg
    IMG_3145.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
That looks more like an assembly issue than anything else. While yes, they ALL are scraping in that location, that looks particularly bad, and given you've not flown it yet I wonder if when the person putting it together was slamming the gimbal in there he/she caused that to happen.

That looks more like an assembly issue than anything else. While yes, they ALL are scraping in that location, that looks particularly bad, and given you've not flown it yet I wonder if when the person putting it together was slamming the gimbal in there he/she caused that to happen.
I guess I was lucky up until now - never had any QC issues with all my previous purchases = Phantom4, Air, Osmo, Ronin M and S. I would just return the **** thing but it will probably take weeks to get another one quite possibly end up with something as beaten as this one.

I guess I was lucky up until now - never had any QC issues with all my previous purchases = Phantom4, Air, Osmo, Ronin M and S. I would just return the **** thing but it will probably take weeks to get another one quite possibly end up with something as beaten as this one.

I wouldn't sweat it. Just send it back and order a new one. They're still shipping within a business day from DJI.

Are you certain you can't rub that off with your finger? Mine looked similar, but it wiped away, so not damaged per se.

It’s most likely from shipping and not a factory QC issue. I said this in another thread already but the gimbal lock restricts forward movement but not backward movement. In transit when the boxes are tossed around, the shock can cause the gimbal arm to contact the vibration damper stand-offs. That’s what leaves the marks on the gimbal arm. This isn’t likely something that will happen again once it’s in the consumer’s hands.

Your entitled to contact DJI and report the damage and request replacement. I’d be curious to hear their response. My guess is future shipments will have additional plastic stickers on the gimbal arm to protect from scratching much like other parts of the drone do.

Are you certain you can't rub that off with your finger? Mine looked similar, but it wiped away, so not damaged per se.
Just tried this, and while still there the scratch doesn't look as bad anymore

Attachments

• IMG_3153.jpg
    IMG_3153.jpg
    467.5 KB · Views: 47
It’s most likely from shipping and not a factory QC issue. I said this in another thread already but the gimbal lock restricts forward movement but not backward movement. In transit when the boxes are tossed around, the shock can cause the gimbal arm to contact the vibration damper stand-offs. That’s what leaves the marks on the gimbal arm. This isn’t likely something that will happen again once it’s in the consumer’s hands.

Your entitled to contact DJI and report the damage and request replacement. I’d be curious to hear their response. My guess is future shipments will have additional plastic stickers on the gimbal arm to protect from scratching much like other parts of the drone do.
Posted the same thread on DJI's forum, and will wait and see if a moderator chips is

see the post above, I added a picture

Cheers. That looks very similar to mine out of the box. Mine hasn’t gotten any worse over two flights. Not sure it’s worth making a major fuss about, but this is two generations in a row that DJI has had some sort of gimbal-scraping screw-up.

Yeah but for the premium price being paid, I would expect to receive a flawless drone, particularly where the gimbal is concerned.
I think at the very least I would document this anomaly with photos and send to DJI in case something down the road happens.

Yeah but for the premium price being paid, I would expect to receive a flawless drone, particularly where the gimbal is concerned.
I think at the very least I would document this anomaly with photos and send to DJI in case something down the road happens.

No such thing as a flawless gimbal on the M2 series.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito