DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (19/9/2017) - 01.04.0000

Congrats Dirkclod for successful upgrade!
Have you tried flying it yet, any noticeable effect on the tweak they had made regarding the new prop while using the old prop?
Thanks for reminding me about the server being busy . Just didn't cross my mind .
Yes I have ran 8 batteries and seems to be faster and more responsive to stick movement but maybe that's because I
havn't got everything set back like I had them as it did change
lots of settings .I haven't had a chance to do any long runs so
not sure on distance but is all bars at 2 miles . I also noticed
this morning that I had it set on vivid last nite after I flew and
this morning it had reverted back to normal , Not sure what
that's about but so far it seems steady other than I still have
some tilted horizon when I was yawing but I was wide open .
Really need to fly more as I had to make quick trips
and havn't been able to check what few features I do use .

Are you talking of the new file being created? Nothing to do with the "camera reset" and perfectly normal.

Not referring to the "normal" operation of starting another video file.

I'm referring to the fact that 50% of the time the camera freezes, goes upward, goes downward, goes sideways, quits recording, *wait 30-90 seconds*, *hit record button to begin recording again*

That is not normal.

Not referring to the "normal" operation of starting another video file.

I'm referring to the fact that 50% of the time the camera freezes, goes upward, goes downward, goes sideways, quits recording, *wait 30-90 seconds*, *hit record button to begin recording again*

That is not normal.

The "GLITCH" (gimbal/camera) of course it's abnormal..funny thing it happened irregardless of FW.
Will happen sooner or later;best thing to do is don't panic coz you still have full control.

Then that's the "gimbal reset in flight"... believe the consensus on that is if firmware .1000 hasn't helped it's a hardware problem and will need to go to service for repair.

The "GLITCH" (gimbal/camera) of course it's abnormal..funny thing it happened irregardless of FW.
Will happen sooner or later;best thing to do is don't panic coz you still have full control.

Yes it happens a good bit to me.. Seems on the firmware before this one it happens most commonly at the video changeover mark.
Then that's the "gimbal reset in flight"... believe the consensus on that is if firmware .1000 hasn't helped it's a hardware problem and will need to go to service for repair.

Yeah I've heard that as well. Which is total crap in my opinion that a software/firmware related bug such as the gimbal resetting when the video switches is deemed a "hardware problem"

Updated fine took about 12 minutes. Parameters altered were height and distance they went back to setup. Plus in video camera setting the D log "custom" had reverted to 0.0.0. Now all ready for the new props when they are in stock .

Reactions: Stivan
Which is total crap in my opinion that a software/firmware related bug such as the gimbal resetting when the video switches is deemed a "hardware problem"
Well it can't be only a software problem if you're the only one to have this "variant" of the issue (never read about anyone where it consistently happened at the file change, usually at random times).

Ive never come across this bug but i never ever video the whole flight (id never want to sit there and watch it). Generally i video 20-30 second clips a few times a flight (longest ever about 2 mins because i forgot to stop it). It does sound like maybe a bad SD card or hardware issue. Very very few people seem to get it.

Reactions: Brojon

Gimbal reset mid-flight (gimbal freak out)

That's my post on the DJI forum. Not sure how closely DJI Thor is linked to DJI but he's saying that DJI is aware of this problem and that they're working on a fix. Guessing it can be fixed witha FW update?

Well it can't be only a software problem if you're the only one to have this "variant" of the issue (never read about anyone where it consistently happened at the file change, usually at random times).

I've seen tons of postings about it occurring on video changeover. Mine probably occurs 90% of the time from a video changeover and 10% at random times.

I have NEVER had it occur right when I manually stop recording and re-record again around the late 8 minute mark.

It has only happened to me once so far, it it was right at the file break...and it was on FW .1000. I'm also calling BS on it being a hardware problem. I don't care what the consensus is. My guess is that it's either FW/SW or SD card related, or an interaction of both.

LP

Reactions: NinjaNut and Logger
Sorry but after my first test, color seems to be more vivid but autoexposure are still not working !!!
I'll run a few test flights on Friday ... Let's see.

Hi . I have MP from february this year .
After Update to new the firmware 01.04.0000 the DJIgo says :
Screenshot_2017-09-20-22-17-10[165413].png

What the f ?????????

So Mavic now has the quickshot modes from Spark (Helix, Dronie, Rocket)............... YES.

Was actually considering the spark for the family vacation videos but will reconsider now that the Mavic can do a good 'hands free' dronie and helix.

How do you find the version info in the go4 app? I looked and can't find it. I installed it about a month ago on my iPhone 7 when I got my mavic.

How do you find the version info in the go4 app? I looked and can't find it. I installed it about a month ago on my iPhone 7 when I got my mavic.

Just open the App Store program on your iPhone, click on the Updates icon, Botton right hand side and click update

Do you have to update each battery with this update?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne