DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (19/9/2017) - 01.04.0000

I took mine out today, to try the new 'Quickshots' mode. I also have a Spark so direct comparison. And....the Mavic wins again. Much better connection (obviously), have the option of a 200 metre 'dronie', everything works a treat. With the price of the Mavic Pro tumbling (due to Mavic Platinum), I'm wondering why anyone would bother with the Spark. The Mavic is simply superior in 95% of the cababilities required.

Reactions: LongRifle and Vilco
Hmmmm my android is still running 4.1.9 and i received the latest firmware update but have no Quick Shot ............ when was the go4 update?
... just have some patience... some parts of the world have the update (they said), others have to wait for the release in their part of the world... I have just checked... still on 4.1.9 and no update available.. iOS is on 4.1.10.

Hello There.
I am after some advice please. I updated my Mavic (which has never had any problems up to now) mainly to use the quickshot feature.
Upon trying the feature out and very shortly into the first flight, I received a message (I cannot recall the exact words) stating something like that the transmission had stopped and the option to return home and land was offered.
This worked perfectly and the drone landed exactly upon its take off position.
Transmission restarted upon rebooting the transmitter, but the same problem occurred on the next four flights.
Would you suggest returning to an earlier version of both the aircraft and transmitter software;
app version 4.1.11
Aircraft 01.04.0000
Remote controller 0104.0000
I am starting a holiday in the USA in two weeks time and hope to have a working drone accompanying me. (I even have a registration number from the FAA for it!).
Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks

I have always updated via the GO4 app over WiFi only. Keep all the devices close to the modem for best connection. Never took very long. Always updated on first try.

That has been my experience till a couple months ago: when upgrading to the 1000 FW I was getting a lot of "rc connected" instead of "connected" and during download I had a dozen "network disconnected" when it was all good to go: i unistalled the app, removed all of its stored data from the phone and reinstalled, all good since this

... just have some patience... some parts of the world have the update (they said), others have to wait for the release in their part of the world... I have just checked... still on 4.1.9 and no update available.. iOS is on 4.1.10.

I'm on android and did download the 4.1.10 app yesterday, and was talking about it on an italian forum, then people started saying I was buIlshlitting them, lol, I had to post post piactures of my app and the video I didi with quickshot dronie, lol again

It's not based on the nation, because I had many italian mavic users telling me they only would get 4.1.9 on playstore on Saturday while I upgraded to 4.1.10 on Friday, and still today they are still on 4.1.9 because playstore doesn't offer them 4.1.10.
It must be a random selection, maybe based on some digits from the serial number
BTW me doing my first dronie

Last edited:
Well if it's purely a Google Play rollout issue, I'd love to know why DJI doesn't just post it to their company website then. They have a spot to download the APK directly, but right now it's still 4.1.9.

LP

I upgraded. It took a long time, but it seems to work fine.

Note: it reset my max altitude to the default. Other settings remained intact.

From where I am, Malaysia, 4.1.10 is till not available on the Google Playstore. Sigh!!! This is so not cool.

CMartin00. The new FW version does look better on your clips, but do you think maybe the different time and maybe camera angle or altitude contributed to that?
The time of day should be pretty close in those two videos, it's not a perfect example but when i compare all the clips i shot that i didnt post there's a very clear difference.

EDIT the two videos seem to have been shot a bit over 3 hours (and 3 weeks) apart, so not identical light, but its enough of a change that it appears they have tried to address the issue.

Last edited:
IMHO I think that a more contrasted and saturated picture will limit the ability to make a better color grading during post production.
I would agree, I unfortunately haven't been able to see if this changed dlog or any of the other profiles that I would normally use for color grading. Has anyone noticed a change in dlog since the updates?

For the folks saying they didn't get Quickshot - you did, you just don't recognize it.
Look on the left side of the Go 4 screen. Tap the one that looks like a Phantom remote on the bottom - wah-la.

maxresdefault.jpg

Not out for Android yet. Yep for IOS tap the remote symbol.
I don't understand why some people can download the new firmware with Quick Shots and some people can't. Whatever the reason, it's totally ridiculous. How do DJI decide who gets it and who don't??? I've been checking for about a week and still nothing. I don't like to call any support, but gonna have to for this. So silly!

I don't understand why some people can download the new firmware with Quick Shots and some people can't.
It's not "some people" as in a random selection of people, and it's not a firmware issue. The updated Android version of the Go 4 app that supports this feature simply hasn't yet become available in the Play store. The updated IOS app is available in the Apple store, and there is an updated Android APK out there for people who want to download it rather than wait for it to become available in the play store.

Reactions: MrsTreat
For the folks saying they didn't get Quickshot - you did, you just don't recognize it.
Look on the left side of the Go 4 screen. Tap the one that looks like a Phantom remote on the bottom - wah-la.

maxresdefault.jpg
oh thats a remote....haha. All this time i was thinking it was a little android face or something.

Whatever the reason, it's ridiculous that some people don't have the new firmware update. Who makes that decision? DJI? Google? Whoever it is, they need to STOP!!! It's been almost a week since it's been out and some people are still waiting!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25