DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (19/9/2017) - 01.04.0000

It's not "some people" as in a random selection of people, and it's not a firmware issue. The updated Android version of the Go 4 app that supports this feature simply hasn't yet become available in the Play store. The updated IOS app is available in the Apple store, and there is an updated Android APK out there for people who want to download it rather than wait for it to become available in the play store.
Andriod APK? Is that using the DJI Assistant 2 and connecting the Mavic to download the new firmware? Thank you for that info. I'm going to try tonight. I've been dying to try the new options.

Whatever the reason, it's ridiculous that some people don't have the new firmware update. Who makes that decision? DJI? Google? Whoever it is, they need to STOP!!! It's been almost a week since it's been out and some people are still waiting!

Doesn’t it always seem like Christmas takes forever to come?

It's not "some people" as in a random selection of people, and it's not a firmware issue. The updated Android version of the Go 4 app that supports this feature simply hasn't yet become available in the Play store. The updated IOS app is available in the Apple store, and there is an updated Android APK out there for people who want to download it rather than wait for it to become available in the play store.
I emailed DJI today and they said that they staggered the rollout. I asked for the reason, but they haven't replied yet. So, it's DJI who's doing it.

Am i the only one having issues updating?? I keep getting network error,had taken more time than ever had and the last one got to 75% and gave me the same error.

I alredy updated the Go4 app to the newest version but i cant get the mavic to update using neither the app or the assitant 2.

Any suggestion will be greatly apreaciatte!!

Thanks.

I don't understand how an app could "kick" you off your home WiFi network. Need more information about your device, OS, network, etc, before anyone can give you any helpful suggestions.
I'm running a Oneplus 3T and connected to Comcast high speed internet. When I sync up my mavic and remote, the Wi-Fi on my phone drops out completely. It doesn't even see my network. Which is a pain in the *** because it makes firmware updates take forever.

Not true: I got 4.1.10 for Android from the Playstore on friday evening, and I'm using Android (P9 lite), while many other italian android-mavic users are stuck with 4.1.9.
They have said on their forum that this time they are doing a "staged" rollout, which means "in stages". And it's not based on your location.
Here's the post from DJI Susan on their forum, it's number 13:
"The DJI GO 4.1.10 was released in a staged rollout. It will be available soon, please check later."
DJI GO 4 Version 4.1.10 Android

I emailed DJI today and they said that they staggered the rollout. I asked for the reason, but they haven't replied yet. So, it's DJI who's doing it.
Server load is a likely reason - and a good one. Microsoft also staggers some of their updates and such.

DJI finally replied back today and said that they stagger the firmware rollout to make sure it's safe and there are no crashes. That's kinda hard for me to believe that DJI are using select customers as test dummies. I can't stand responses that still doesn't make sense especially DJI's reason for the rollout. Man if that was true, DJI would have some serious lawsuits on their hand.

The update wheel doesn't come to a halt ... DJI GO4 (IOS) version 4.1.12 is out.

Reactions: rotor
I'm updating now and have never had one take this long .Has never took over 30 minutes and been at it for 1 hour .
Normally do it late at nite and that might have something to do with it.
Will try it in abit and see how it does here .
I would of pulled the plug and started again, how many gigabytes Is it??.

I would of pulled the plug and started again, how many gigabytes Is it??.
You ask me something I did 10 days ago and I am sorry I can't tell you .
I have eaten since then .:)
Really .

I have been going back ans forth with DJI trying to figure out how they decide to do the stagger firmware rollout and how they decide who gets updated first. I think tScreenshot_2017-09-30-23-00-28.png heir latest response is ridiculous. It's been almost 3 weeks and still no firmware update for me!!!

Well I just got the notification for DJI Go and the firmware. Updated Go on the ipad no probs, connected everything up as normal and got told there was a no fly zone update so I started that. about 5 mins later it times out on 0% downloaded, so i gave up. Then it tells me there is a firmware update to 01.04.0000 so I say yep, go ahead. Same deal, 5 mins later it times out downloading at 0% (this is done via wifi on the ipad, same way as all my updates have been done, on a 100mb/s connection).

So I give up and grab the laptop (the one I edit the 4k videos on) and connect up Assistant. Yep, first up a no fly zone update is flagged so I go yes please. 20 mins later its still stuck on 22% so I shut it all down and start again. This time I ignored the NFZ update and went straight for the firmware. No probs, it downloaded (in about 12 min) the transferred to the Mavic (about 3 minutes) then updated (about 9 minutes) and reboots, all good.

Now the NFZ is nagging me again (on Assistant) so I say why not and this time it worked fine. Rebooted and double checked on Assistant and all up to date. Reconnect controller and DJI Go (after rebooting ipad) and its telling me there is still an urgent NFZ and 01.04.0000 firmware update that needs to be done. WTF???

EDIT:
The problem would not go away then I noticed the controller is still on the old firmware 01.03.1000 so I tried the update via the iPad on wifi again and again, rebooting and disconnecting everything between each try and was about to give up when the 4th time it actually started downloading and is currently updating the whole system again.

So if the update is done via DJI Assistant 2 does it not update the controller too?

EDIT2: All updates now completed, first the Mavic via Assistant, then the Mavic, Controller and NFZ database all by GO4.

Last edited:
So if the update is done via DJI Assistant 2 does it not update the controller too?

You have to update both the aircraft and the controller, same process. I don't know if there's an order to follow, though

Hmm.. I plugged the controller in via the same USB cord (the one that came with it) and Assistant did not see anything connected. Ah well, all upgraded now, will experiment with the next update!

With the remote the cable has to be plugged BEFORE the remote is powered on for it to appear in assistant.

Dear, I'm in a strange situation here, no USB link after the update, everything was working flawlessly before!

I'm on latest v01.04.0000 (both drone and remote), on Samsung S8 + with Android 7.0 and Go 4 app Android v4.1.10.

I tried to downgrade to v01.03.1000.. still not working,
I tried older Go 4 app v4.1.9 and 4.1.5, nothing.. the USB on the remote seems dead.
The USB ports (both) don't even recharge the connected devices anymore.

Do you know a way to rollback to .900?

Here a link to DJI blog..other users have the same problem...

Remote not recognized after v01.04.0000 update - Please help!

We need an urgent fix as the problem is for sure firmware related!

Thank you, regards

Filippo

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929