DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Firmware Released (19/9/2017) - 01.04.0000

I tried to downgrade to v01.03.1000.. still not working,
Kinda contradicts what you said that the remote doesn't respond on any USB port, if it doesn't how did you manage to downgrade it?

If the remote doesn't respond to anything it will need to return to service.

Hello Kilrah, you are right, it doesn't make sense at all.

I update the firmware to v1.04.0000 yesterday morning using the DJI 4 app 4.1.9 on my Samsung S8 + with android 7.0.

After the update completed successfully, I rebooted the remote and the drone.
Since then, I coult no connect the remote to my mobile anymore (I tried both USB.. same result).
I noticed also that the remote is not even charging the battery of the mobile, as it was doing before.

The remote can be connected to the PC but the connection is working only with one cable (and only one works, big diameter for 2A, maybe there is a "link" between the facts).
This cable I'm using is a micro usb, and even with adaptor (micro USB -> USB-C), it is not working on my S8 +.

I tried to revert to older firmware usign DJI Assistant app but nothing change.
The option to "restore factory settings" is giving me error everytime.
The ports seems totally dead when I plug my mobile in.

I even tried to push the .900 firmware to the remote and drone, using unofficial software.
The process completes (always and only using the famous big diameter cable), the remote still "talk" to the drone but the USB are dead.

When I say that the communication between remote and drone is ok I mean that I can turn on motors, move gimbal and take pictures... but no way to have the mobile connected.

I don't know what to do and as you can read from the link in my previous post, (links here: Remote not recognized after v01.04.0000 update - Please help! - https://dji-store.it/aggiornare-firmware-del-dji-mavic-pro-dji-go-app/ read the final comments) other users are suffering the same or similar problems with this firmware.

What do you suggest?

Is there a way to soft or hard reset the controller to factory default settings?

Thank you

Last edited:
Updated the geofence today, so FW, GO4 iPad mini 4 all current. No problems updating. Flew this evening, all went well including RTH. Made some nice fall color photos.

Reactions: MrsTreat
Hello Kilrah, you are right, it doesn't make sense at all.

I update the firmware to v1.04.0000 yesterday morning using the DJI 4 app 4.1.9 on my Samsung S8 + with android 7.0.

After the update completed successfully, I rebooted the remote and the drone.
Since then, I coult no connect the remote to my mobile anymore (I tried both USB.. same result).
I noticed also that the remote is not even charging the battery of the mobile, as it was doing before.

The remote can be connected to the PC but the connection is working only with one cable (and only one works, big diameter for 2A, maybe there is a "link" between the facts).
This cable I'm using is a micro usb, and even with adaptor (micro USB -> USB-C), it is not working on my S8 +.

I tried to revert to older firmware usign DJI Assistant app but nothing change.
The option to "restore factory settings" is giving me error everytime.
The ports seems totally dead when I plug my mobile in.

I even tried to push the .900 firmware to the remote and drone, using unofficial software.
The process completes (always and only using the famous big diameter cable), the remote still "talk" to the drone but the USB are dead.

When I say that the communication between remote and drone is ok I mean that I can turn on motors, move gimbal and take pictures... but no way to have the mobile connected.

I don't know what to do and as you can read from the link in my previous post, (links here: Remote not recognized after v01.04.0000 update - Please help! - https://dji-store.it/aggiornare-firmware-del-dji-mavic-pro-dji-go-app/ read the final comments) other users are suffering the same or similar problems with this firmware.

What do you suggest?

Is there a way to soft or hard reset the controller to factory default settings?

Thank you
Faulty cable, have you tried other cables ?

Did this update also update batteries, or just controller and drone? Previous updates told me you have to update when putting other batteries in, but not this one.

Does anyone notice any issues with the Mavic maintaining height on this FW? I'm not trying to start up any drama about firmware and issues related to it, but I'm genuinely curious if anyone else is noticing that? Doesn't matter what height I set it to, I notice it will loose a few ft and then go back up. Sometimes it will then go higher and then come back down. Just doesn't seem to sit in the same spot, and I've never noticed it do that before.

Yes, I've calibrated VPS, IMU, and the Compass.

Reactions: LeafPeeper
Does anyone notice any issues with the Mavic maintaining height on this FW? I'm not trying to start up any drama about firmware and issues related to it, but I'm genuinely curious if anyone else is noticing that? Doesn't matter what height I set it to, I notice it will loose a few ft and then go back up. Sometimes it will then go higher and then come back down. Just doesn't seem to sit in the same spot, and I've never noticed it do that before.

Uh oh. Same here! I figured it was either something I never noticed before, or a result of my crash. I've cal'd several times. It just seems to have problems maintaining a steady height sometimes, especially when 20 or so feet up. It also seems slightly louder to me.

LP

Uh oh. Same here! I figured it was either something I never noticed before, or a result of my crash. I've cal'd several times. It just seems to have problems maintaining a steady height sometimes, especially when 20 or so feet up. It also seems slightly louder to me.

LP

UGH. DJI is literally the worst with their software updates. They are super vague and release **** that is clearly not production-ready. As someone who has a career working with software developers, it hurts my brain when I see how DJI handles their software releases. Not to mention if you did try and call for support about this, you'd get a round about answer because the person you are talking to has no clue about the issue. They will waste your time making you try things that you have already done. Meanwhile, this is all done via chat because god forbid they had technical support over the phone.

Okay, end rant! :)

I noticed this the other day. I was hovering about 4-5' off the ground in the back yard to burn off my batteries, and the Mavic would ever so slowly descend until the ground sensors stopped it. I wasn't sure if it was normal, because I have no experience with prior FW versions...the Mavic is new to me.

By now this is probably old news for you and others, but this meant that the firmware update addressed the new low noise propellers (8331) to mitigate gimbal vibration. During flights with these low noise propellers I and others noticed a warning appearing in the green flight status readout area of the DJI GO 4 app saying "Abnormal Gimbal Vibration." The error did not ever appear as a separate on-screen warning banner with a cancel icon (x). It appears just after takeoff much like an info crawler across the top of the screen of the app and is not present for very long; it's easy to miss if you avert your eyes from the screen to watch the drone, IOW it's fleeting, and I did not see it reappear during any flight. In fact, I only confirmed it after viewing a screen recording of a previous flight where I'd otherwise received no warnings aside from the usual pre-takeoff items. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeffmark
By now this is probably old news for you and others, but this meant that the firmware update addressed the new low noise propellers (8331) to mitigate gimbal vibration. During flights with these low noise propellers I and others noticed a warning appearing in the green flight status readout are of the DJI GO 4 app saying "Abnormal Gimbal Vibration."

Thank you! So that error no longer appears with this version?

I was baffled at what changed to allow these props!

Yes; the error still occurred for me on the latest firmware. I should've been more clear about that in my post or referred to my earlier post on the matter in a similar thread. I contacted DJI support via chat and asked about the error. I advised them that I was on the latest firmware, to which they responded that I should "refresh firmware" using DJI Assistant. I didn't follow up to ask DJI as to how 'refreshing' the firmware would be any different than simply upgrading to the firmware via the wifi method like I'd done in the first place. I've not yet done the refresh using Assistant. I simply switched back to the stock props, though I prefer the low noise ones and hope to get past this issue soon. I'll update this thread once I refresh, but it may be another day or so.

Last edited:
Thank you! So that error no longer appears with this version?

I was baffled at what changed to allow these props!

I was also baffled by this and later found some very general info about the low noise props on DJI's FAQ page for the Mavic Pro Platinum - some of the relevant ones are pasted below. The low noise props were designed for the Platinum as part of their motor/ESC/propeller enhancements, but DJI subsequently approved the low noise props for use on the regular Mavic Pro. Frankly, aside from price I don't see that much difference at all between the two aircraft. As mentioned in a previous post, DJI apparently encountered their own (or user community) issues with abnormal gimbal vibration induced by the low noise props and subsequently addressed it in the latest firmware update. Here are some of those related DJI FAQs that address the differences between the two aircraft, low noise props, etc. Note that they are very general:

8. What are the main differences between the Mavic Pro and Mavic Pro Platinum? The maximum flight time of the Mavic Pro Platinum is extended to 30 minutes and the sound pressure level is reduced by 4 dB when it is within 1 m between the aircraft.

9. Does the maximum flight speed increase with the advanced Mavic Pro Platinum's propulsion system? No.

10. Why is the Mavic Pro Platinum's propellers designed this way? It is designed by considering aerodynamic efficiency and noise characteristics.

11. Why is the flight time of the Mavic Pro Platinum increased? The FOC control solution improves the efficiency of the motor & ESC. Besides, the aerodynamic efficiency of the Mavic Pro Platinum's propellers are also improved.

Is there an option you have to trigger in the go app to have your mavic pro recognize you are using low noise props? Curious how the firmware determines if you are flying with quiet props.

Reactions: Pointbob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada