DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic Pro Platinum owner

exmeaguy

Reactions
Hi everyone, a long-time flyer with the Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced, but I wasn't really using the Pro the last two years due to the size (traveling) of the drone and the time it took to set everything up (blades, antenna, amps, hood) so I got away from flying. Saw a video on YouTube on the Pro Platinum a week ago and I am hooked again. I received the drone yesterday and set it up. I have already said to myself no mods on this one, but I already went out to Jake's Maxx UAV site to check on antenna mods. We will see how long it will take for me to be disappointed with the range.

Hi everyone, a long-time flyer with the Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced, but I wasn't really using the Pro the last two years due to the size (traveling) of the drone and the time it took to set everything up (blades, antenna, amps, hood) so I got away from flying. Saw a video on YouTube on the Pro Platinum a week ago and I am hooked again. I received the drone yesterday and set it up. I have already said to myself no mods on this one, but I already went out to Jake's Maxx UAV site to check on antenna mods. We will see how long it will take for me to be disappointed with the range.
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy
If you fly legally range will not be an issue. Still love my M2P. It will fly well over 3 miles out w/o antenna mod.

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .Thumbswayup

Aww c'mon! Let 'er rip! ;)
Actually the range is great without any mods. This "Darth Vader" contraption is for a special situation at my home in a forest. But if you are so inclined....

IMG_7691.JPG

Last edited:
Great aircraft, and as posted you shouldn't need to mod for signal, not sure what the P3P and A use (lightbridge ?) but the occusync is good for a loooong way :)

If you are going to fly low and far (BVLOS) or in heavy interference areas like urban, then the mods might be worth doing.
Otherwise, the fuss free setup and minimal storage of the standard gear is fantastic.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new MPP, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure