DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic white Alpine vs Platinum

...The included bag isn't great and looks like a purse. ... And do you really need a dongle to turn your Mavic batteries into a powerbank?...
I have not done the math to see which way costs more, but I bought the MFC so I wouldn't have to peace-meal something together.

The bag holds everything I need to fly. It is compact and easy to carry and, come on, it's not a purse, it is a MAN purse.

photo-3-jpg.24196

I also thought the dongle was useless but packed it anyway. Then the day came when I forgot to charge my RC and it died while I was a ways out. I plugged a depleted battery into the dongle and that into the RC and it fired back up so I could control the return instead of relying on RTH to function correctly.

BTW: I also do not care for the white color. It would disappear against the cloudy backdrop here in Seattle.

Reactions: tstillman
It's odd to me that they would release a model with the old components after releasing a model with upgraded components. I could see it if the new model at least had the upgraded ESCs.
the car charger does't work unless the engine is running
That's an issue with your car, not DJI. Many cars leave the socket live with the ignition off.

That's an issue with your car, not DJI. Many cars leave the socket live with the ignition off.

I do have such a socket, the issue is the car charger requires "high" input voltage (either when the car battery is being charged by the alternator or for a few minutes after turning off the engine when the car battery is at its peak voltage, 13+ volts). It refuses to charge when the voltage drops from its peak level to more relaxed values, e.g. 12.4V or so.

dark gray is fairly easy to see but white, up high .... I'm guessing that might spell trouble if you want to keep the MP in sight.

dark gray is fairly easy to see but white, up high .... I'm guessing that might spell trouble if you want to keep the MP in sight.

The white also does not have that bada$$ look the steel grey or even the Platinum has. Not that I hate Alpine white... I LIKE the Spark in Alpine white as I want the Spark to be cute and non-threatening.

No matter what Model one picks for them self , Its still a Mavic Pro and its one awesome Drone. Gray/ Platinum or White . This package or that one , there all good and if its your pick; Im sure you'll be happy. I wish I could have one of each but I cant . Im not into the white but that's just my opinion. It looks cool but I'd be more concerned about distance of sight. They do make wraps for these models so there is always that too.

I'm waiting for a two tone wrap with a black and green camo top and a white and baby blue camo bottom

What about the fact that the ESC and motors are different between the white and platinum one?

The thing is..... DJi released the original Mavic Pro in Graphite Grey...
If this drone was released in a variety of colors..... Graphite Grey would be the most popular.

Hey I would love a Burnt Copper Orange drone...... But, I am glad that getting accessories in grey (IE: batteries, props, etc) will not be a problem.......

It is cool to see different colors of the mavic being released.

If you fold it right, with the props in the right position, it folds just fine.

„You’re folding it wrong“, DJI edition. How fitting. :)

*scnr*

I got the Alpine White edition two days ago at the Apple Store Berlin, just couldn’t resist. First DJI drone since the Phantom 1. I don’t think it’s particularly pretty, but the bundle with three batteries is just what I wanted.

Maybe it would have been wise to wait for Black Friday deals.

Reactions: Vilco
In actuality they need to be a color easily detectable ON THE GROUND, as if being searched for.

So if I am purchasing a Mavic Pro for the first time, should I get the original, white, or platinum? Been reading everything and watching this thing for a year, finally pulling the trigger in the next week or so in case they have a Black Friday sale.

If the original, there have been guesses that they are phasing it out in favor of the platinum? Ala the White limited edition which uses the same parts - perhaps to sell faster and move them out? Will the parts be available for a while understanding that the wife said it’ll be a while, if I will be able to purchase another one at all. (Apparently the kids need to eat)

Then purchasing - Amazon through DJI for the shipping time and a few more things they include in the fly more combo? Or DJI with longer shipping and I have a 10% educator discount but really would like to have it sooner. I need to scratch this itch badly... any help/suggestions are appreciated. I have read the regular vs. platinum threads but the white combo with 3 batts seems appealing.

Just started a new thread with the same question...

Last edited:
White is the worst color for any drone if you actually want to look up and see it once in a while. Clouds are white.
Good if you want to do covert surveillance or imagery. Can't see it to knock it out the sky lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78