DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mavic white Alpine vs Platinum

...should I get the original, white, or platinum?...
I would not get white since it is hard enough to see in the darker colors. As for the platinum, it is a different/upgraded model Mavic.
...Then purchasing - Amazon through DJI for the shipping time and a few more things they include in the fly more combo? Or DJI with longer shipping and I have a 10% educator discount but really would like to have it sooner. I need to scratch this itch badly... any help/suggestions are appreciated. I have read the regular vs. platinum threads but the white combo with 3 batts seems appealing...
I would not order directly from DJI. They have a reputation of jerking customers around with their ship dates.
You didn't mention where you are, I'm in the USA and order from Advexure or B&H Photo. They are authorized DJI distributors and give very good service.
Regarding the three batteries, the Fly More Combo packages have those plus a lot more. Some buy that and some get things separately. I definitely recommend three batteries. This gives you one hour plus flying time and the RC battery will last long enough for that. The MPP FMC may be on backorder now so if you want it fast then you may need to order things separately.
Have Fun!

Reactions: Advexure
More like $30.00 for new props. They may be $20, but unless you are driving to pick them up the shipping is $10.

Like the large hawk eyes. Wonder if they might deter other birds from attacking the drone, or in fact do the opposite?? Have you any experience with that?

That's the reason for the eyes. I fly in an area with a lot of birds so hopefully its a deterrent. Other birds may think its a White Cockatoo. The white is also very easy for me to see in the sky.

I would not order directly from DJI. They have a reputation of jerking customers around with their ship dates.
You didn't mention where you are, I'm in the USA and order from Advexure or B&H Photo. They are authorized DJI distributors and give very good service.

Thank you for the kind remarks on our reputation and high level of service here at Advexure. We greatly appreciate that.

Mavic Pro Platinum as well as Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combos are IN STOCK and ready to ship from Advexure, or pickup locally in Los Angeles from our showroom.

Shop DJI Mavic Pro at Advexure - Top Tier DJI Authorized Dealer

As always, in stock orders placed before 4pm PT M-F ship same day. Our Support Team is available 7 days a week by live chat, phone and email. Give us a shout if we can be of any assistance.

Safe flying and all the best to Mavic Pilots in 2018!
–The Advexure Team

Reactions: tstillman
I do have such a socket, the issue is the car charger requires "high" input voltage (either when the car battery is being charged by the alternator or for a few minutes after turning off the engine when the car battery is at its peak voltage, 13+ volts). It refuses to charge when the voltage drops from its peak level to more relaxed values, e.g. 12.4V or so.

Truth! I have a huge battery and a back up battery in my car for my stereo system and the car charger will not work unless my car is running.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rle