DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New member / New user looking to make first purchase. Help me please

LinkedXJ

Reactions
Hello hello everyone

I am looking to buy my first mavic drone and am just simply looking for the "better deal".

Ive been around drones for a few years with friends who own them but i am personally never owned one my self.
I am looking to buy a package deal, looking for a mavic 2 with multiple batteries, spare blades, extras, and would prefer the hard/rugged
storage case over the backpack style storage bag.

here are some ideas as to what i am somewhat looking for, i dont know which one of these is the better "deal" over the other.
I am not sold on any of these, these are just package deals i have saved on my amazon account.

I havent presonally done a whole lot of personal research on the difference between the cameras that a few of these have.
Im wanting a drone for just simply flying around, capturing aerial footage of scenery, offroad related stuff with atv's and sxs's.
I also frequent race tracks and will be capturing footage of different types of racing from the air.

Im not interested in any type of "professional" work. This is just becoming a hobby.

Likely the drone with controller and a couple of extra batteries are all you need for a good start. Then you can see if you want the other items and shop them individually.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
DJI just dropped the price of the M2P by $350, so if you take Thomas B's advice and just get the bird and controller, that's a good deal.

The Mavic Pro (M1P) is still a great aircraft.
Also look at the Mavic Pro Platinum, slightly longer flight time and a little quieter (not that that's a big issue with the M1P).

The M2P is a heck a lot better in the camera dept, if you think the upgrade price is warranted.
Again, the Mavic Pro takes great footage, so probably exceeds your needs anyway, if the price is substantially less / better combo deal, etc.

The M2Z zoom might be an option for you if filming the model racing from a distance, usually they are quite a bit cheaper then the M2P with Hasselblad camera.

One thing to keep in mind, the M2P/Z drones are a little larger and heavier than the M1P, I saw the M2P when meeting up with a fellow forum member recently, and it surprised me how much bulkier it is than my M1P.

Why are you only looking at Amazon ?
Are they the best place for you $ wise ?
(I know they are usually hard to beat from what I've seen on here and friends / family feedback from our Aussie Amazon.)

Maybe see what @djidroneservice can offer ?

I'm sure if you google around you can find some different and suitable packages / prices.

Even if you chose a Spark to start with, it can take some great 1080 footage / photos of what you're doing, and at a far lesser cost / risk during your learning curve and assessment of your desire to persue the hobby.
My Spark takes great photos and video, they have good internal processing, some say better than the M1P.

There will always be times when the Spark will be easier to travel with and set up for quick flights.
Get an 2 couple of batteries, though they do charge pretty fast on 12v or mains.

Whatever you choose you will benefit and get into the air and start your journey.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gindra and DDS
Hello hello everyone

I am looking to buy my first mavic drone and am just simply looking for the "better deal".

Ive been around drones for a few years with friends who own them but i am personally never owned one my self.
I am looking to buy a package deal, looking for a mavic 2 with multiple batteries, spare blades, extras, and would prefer the hard/rugged

here are some ideas as to what i am somewhat looking for, i dont know which one of these is the better "deal" over the other.
I am not sold on any of these, these are just package deals i have saved on my amazon account.

I havent presonally done a whole lot of personal research on the difference between the cameras that a few of these have.
Im wanting a drone for just simply flying around, capturing aerial footage of scenery, offroad related stuff with atv's and sxs's.
I also frequent race tracks and will be capturing footage of different types of racing from the air.

Im not interested in any type of "professional" work. This is just becoming a hobby.

Welcome aboard!
One of the many perks here is you get an additional 15% off the already reduced holiday price. Now would be a good time to buy

Reactions: GadgetGuy
If it your first drone I wouldn't get a new one, there plenty off second hand ones on ebay, look on ebay and look for the ones on bid

If it your first drone I wouldn't get a new one, there plenty off second hand ones on ebay, look on ebay and look for the ones on bid
Or look for a new Mavic Mini in trees or on rooftops....then buy a controller and spare batteries!

• Haha
Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Talk to DJIDrone service from post #5 above. I don't think you can find aa better price.

I have not done business with them but my next purchase I will ping them first.

Reactions: DDS
Hello hello everyone

With the exception of the spare blades, last week I bought everything else on your list (plus filters and Care Refresh) from @djidroneservice. If you are going to buy online, consider buying from a dedicated drone reseller that can provide service. My first DJI drone was a Phantom 3 and it was crippled out of the box. I bought it locally so it was fairly easy to exchange it for a new one, but it would have been a pain dealing with an Amazon seller.

Reactions: DDS and Thomas B
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229