DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Mini - NO Compatible Android Device!

Hey my cell a asus zenphone 5q didn't work all day but after I searched around I had to enable developer mode and put on usb debugging mode. now it works like a charm. Give it a try see if it works. cant fly outside I'm by Chicago snow storm today, but if any one wants to buy one microcenter has them intock. happy safe flying

Couldn't find yet on Google play store, used the DJI Mavic Mini download page for download.

Installed and runs great on Note8 and Tab S4 both running Android 9.
Actually very nice on Tab s4, fills out screen completely, graphics very smooth.

On the iPhone X, iPad Pro 10.5 and iPad Pro (new gen) installed clean, Runs stable, but only iPhone version currently so ipad's "expanded view" has the non-fitting low resolution screen. All running 13.2
64 bit Android will be your ticket to heaven.

The trick to get Fly to appear in Play:
Pick any available DJI product and view details.
Click on publisher (DJI) just below the app name. All apps from the publisher.
This will include Fly.
Click on Fly and install.

I successfully installed and ran Fly on HTC 10 and Tab A 9.7" pre-2019. In the case of Tab, Play warned app is not optimized for this device. I don't have a Mini so entering camera view offline is as far as I could go.
When I tried using Fly for M2, "Device not supported".

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 works as well - if you have the newer version: SM-T813 is ok, SM-T810 and SM-T815 are not

And for the sake of completeness: I was able to install and start the app on Sony Xperia Z2 compact (H8324, Android 9) and Z1 compact (E5823, Android 7.1.1)

Support confirmed the published list of supported devices is of "tested" devices. Others may work but have not been tested.

I went to the local Walmart and successfully sideloaded a Samsung Tab A 8" (SM-T290NZKAXAR) with the FLY app apk. Bought one ($140) and brought it home. I was able to install the app from Google Play.

DJI Support said if it would load it should work fine. I'll find out tomorrow.
a better move to use a dedicated device instead of your cell phone that could interrupt your flight, i use an ipad mini 4 just for droning and it has worked perfect for me.

I understand the Ipad Mini fits in the controller. The Samsungs are about .25 inch (6mm) wider. Does anyone know if they will fit?

FYI - DJI support gave me this link to an APK of the app - DJI Fly

I tried to load it on my Motorola G6 Play with Android 9 - won't load.

If you want to install an APK to Android successfully, there can be a few extra steps. If you already know these steps, I apologize, but this article may help others:

New Mini coming tomorrow but now that the Fly app is available I find none of my Android devices will work! Are you kidding me - would have been nice to know this before. Now what?

I might be open to buying a new Android tablet to run it but have no idea which one. Can locally pick up a Samsung Tab A 8" but no idea if it will work. Any suggestions?
Nothing different when a new app comes out, you gotta stay up with technology. Nothing is plug and play hardly anymore! Good Luck, oh and buy and apple mini 5.. You wont be disappointed!

New Mini coming tomorrow but now that the Fly app is available I find none of my Android devices will work! Are you kidding me - would have been nice to know this before. Now what?

I might be open to buying a new Android tablet to run it but have no idea which one. Can locally pick up a Samsung Tab A 8" but no idea if it will work. Any suggestions?

I got a reasonably priced refurbished Tab A 8 inch when I first got my Mavic 2 Zoom in Aug. Seemed to work great until I got in in the air and tried to do a video, then it disconnected from the app and could see nothing on it. Did this several times. Apparently it was not cut out to do what hoped it would do with the Zoom. Returned it and got a refurbished iPad 10.5 that works great, but even then I had to get an update done on it. How all this would work out with the Mini who knows.Maybe you can try the Tab A with the the agreement you could take it back if it does now work for you. The Tab A was about 1/3 the price I had to pay for the iPad 10.5 off Amazon...

I have the Tab A 9.7 and don't have too much trouble with M2. At one point it was bad cables.

I successfully installed the Fly, but don't have a Mini to connect.

So, since we're on the subject of Android devices working with the Mavic Mini, any one using the Epson BT-300 Moverio smart glasses find a fix to use it with the drone as well? Just curious. Was tempted to purchase some for my Spark, but didn't see a down-load for FLY on the BT-300's to work with the Mini.

UPDATE - Samsung Tab A 8" (SM-T290NZKAXAR) - WILL NOT WORK. With it, the app loads and I completed registration and firmware update but when I went to connect to the Mini it crashed every time. Guess I will be looking for a used Ipad Mini as a dedicated display.

Reactions: Chief1301
UPDATE - Samsung Tab A 8" (SM-T290NZKAXAR) - WILL NOT WORK. With it, the app loads and I completed registration and firmware update but when I went to connect to the Mini it crashed every time. Guess I will be looking for a used Ipad Mini as a dedicated display.

Wow! dji needs to fix the Android issues with the mini fly app. I know a lot of people have iPhones and iPads. But there are a lot of us Android owners too. I've heard about too many incompatibilities with Android devices. People are taking their minis back. This won't be good for sales dji. Do something!

I have the Tab A 9.7 and don't have too much trouble with M2. At one point it was bad cables.

I successfully installed the Fly, but don't have a Mini to connect.

Hey DanMan32, Let us know if you can connect when you get your mini without the fly app crashing. I should receive my mini this Thursday. But I'm expecting that the app will crash from what I'm hearing. I've got an LG G7 ThinQ. Apparently the fly app isn't compatible with my phone? dji needs to get these problems fixed ASAP!

anyone uses the mini with S7? mine has black screen instead of fpv. full hardware reset same issue :(

try to unlock usb debugging mode it worked for my asus 5q. Now it connects to the controller / drone and I have video now.

anyone uses the mini with S7?

Drove to my son's house to try the Fly app on my daughter-in-laws S7 and it seemed to work fine. I did not fly the Mini but it got to the point all I had to do was press the button. The camera was working fine. I was indoors and did not want it to be my first flight (yea, chicken!) and it was dark outside.

Also, tired it on a fairly new Lenovo 10" tablet (Android 9) my son had sitting there but like the Samsung Tab A it loaded the app but would close/crash every time I pressed the button to connect to the drone.

I have an Ipad Mini 4 coming. So waiting for my first flight ...............................

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929