DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from Dayton Ohio

Eagle44

Reactions
Greetings from Dayton Ohio! Just got my Mavic Pro while it was on sale this past weekend. Did a first solo flight in beginner mode this afternoon. Basically manual takeoff, climb and hold at 10 meters, then climb to 30 meters and drive around a little then punch the RTH button. Did three takeoffs and landings. Not much but the opportunity to get used to this amazing machine. Need practice getting video exposure right. Washed out all the video even with auto set.

Eagle44 is flying.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Greetings from Dayton Ohio! Just got my Mavic Pro while it was on sale this past weekend. Did a first solo flight in beginner mode this afternoon. Basically manual takeoff, climb and hold at 10 meters, then climb to 30 meters and drive around a little then punch the RTH button. Did three takeoffs and landings. Not much but the opportunity to get used to this amazing machine. Need practice getting video exposure right. Washed out all the video even with auto set.

Eagle44 is flying.
Howdy from Wyoming @Eagle44 , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome!! I'm from Piqua and this is the place if you ever have a question (and you will!). Happy flying!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Eagle44 is flying.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)
Welcome! Please contact if interested in sharing experience.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots also from Dayton Ohio! We have a group of guys that occasionally gets together to fly, let me know if you're ever interested. Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavic Pilots also from Dayton Ohio! We have a group of guys that occasionally gets together to fly, let me know if you're ever interested. Enjoy your new Mavic Pro, Fly safe and have fun!
Yes, I saw that when I ordered my FAA decals from you. They look great on the aircraft. This week I met with a very good friend who is into R/C aircraft and we went flying at the Twin Towers County Park out toward Yellow Springs. Turned off Basic and re-fenced for 120m altitude, and 500m lateral. Stayed within the park doing videos. I think I’m going to get the WRAP in neon yellow as I lost visual once or twice. Was still in the park and the MP could see me clearly but I had lost visual and to hustle it back so I could see the drone. Did some precision returns with RTH and am amazed that after 15 or so minutes of flying randomly that the MP could stick the landings within 6 inches every time. My friend mentioned the field out near Xenia on Fairgrounds Road as well.

Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)
Right now I’m enjoying reading the posts on the forum and learning as much as I can. Thanks!

Reactions: dirkclod
Right now I’m enjoying reading the posts on the forum and learning as much as I can. Thanks!
If you are anything like me you might be nervous about trusting that you will get your drone back from "out there". I to am pretty new and don't get to fly my Mavic much. Just did my first mile one way flight. Was hard to do. Decided I'll get it back or not. Had a great time! Took it out for one mile said cool, went home. Could'nt get over that felling, hopped in the car went back out and yep, a mile and 3/4's Can't wait for my next day off.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS