DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New pilot from Krakow, Poland

MichalEf

Reactions
Hi guys, I’m quite fresh owner of Mavic 2 Pro hoping to find interesting info about drones here.

Still struggling with basics like: should I use h.264 or h.265 and why, should/can I delete a cache from time to time so I see last recordings in DIJ GO4.

Michael

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .0ROJYyg.png

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum!

You will probably get better answers from others, but here are my two cents:

1) If you do any post work (editing) you will need a fairly powerful computer to transcode from h.265 (you typically don't want to edit in h.265 as it is very time consuming) to an easier format for the computer to handle. The typical example on an up to date Mac with a newer version of Final Cut Pro X would be to transcode h.265 to the "Apple ProRes" format for smoother editing, then probably exporting with h.264 codec to allow for highest compability with other devices.

To answer your question: You can leave it on H.265. To my knowledge this is a non-inferior (superior??) codec in terms of video/image quality, but the sizes are much smaller. In other words you will be able to store more footage on your memory card (to my mom I would say "you get more space on your SD card using h.265 compared to h.264").

2) You don't need to delete cache, it deletes old files as it approaches the limit you have set (e.g. 1 GB, 2 GB..).

Happy flying! I'm currently on the Mavic Pro, but working on (I'm married) updating to the Mavic 2 Pro soon.

Hi guys, I’m quite fresh owner of Mavic 2 Pro hoping to find interesting info about drones here.

Still struggling with basics like: should I use h.264 or h.265 and why, should/can I delete a cache from time to time so I see last recordings in DIJ GO4.

Michael

Hey there,

I am also in Krakow! In Stare Podgorze with a Mavic Pro.

Michael
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio USA! Enjoy your new M2P, I love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fly2pro