DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Pilot from Western New York

dck22

Reactions
Hi everyone. I just got my first drone and am very excited. I've never flown anything before and have never been a gamer so the controller is completely new to me. YouTube has suddenly become my best friend for videos on the Mavic. I'm planning to spend some time with the simulator tomorrow and maybe get up enough nerve to try to fly it.

I'm happy to have found this forum and hope to learn a lot.

Dennis

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Reactions: dck22
Welcome to the forum Dennis.
Exciting place to fly, although from what I've gleaned of various forums the past months a lot of no fly zones to be aware of, and of course people, buildings, traffic, etc.

You might have learned to push the left stick forward to go up, and vice versa, a trap for gamers :/
I think one of the other controller modes might enable the gamer / flight sim type operation though, just check the manual to change if you find it confusing.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Hi everyone. I just got my first drone and am very excited. I've never flown anything before and have never been a gamer so the controller is completely new to me. YouTube has suddenly become my best friend for videos on the Mavic. I'm planning to spend some time with the simulator tomorrow and maybe get up enough nerve to try to fly it.

Dennis
Hey Dennis,

Pilot from Syracuse reporting in here! If you want to get together and do some flying or need someone to give you some support on your first flights, let me know. Glad to assist in any way I can...

-Al

Dennis
Howdy from Wyoming dck22, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Mavic Pilots forum from Western NY also (Rochester).
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in Mavic quadcopter’s.
Enjoy! Thumbswayup
*MAVIC MANUAL: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/20170418/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual_V1.6.pdf

Welcome to the forum Dennis.
Exciting place to fly, although from what I've gleaned of various forums the past months a lot of no fly zones to be aware of, and of course people, buildings, traffic, etc.

You might have learned to push the left stick forward to go up, and vice versa, a trap for gamers :/
I think one of the other controller modes might enable the gamer / flight sim type operation though, just check the manual to change if you find it confusing.

I live in Western New York State. Lots of open fields, farms, etc. A long way from New York City.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan