DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product ! Sound Catching Prop Covers ( Fly more quiet than ever before )

Any updates on the props?

As a member of the grey beard community I have hated the screws since my first drone experience. Id buy these just to get away from that hassle alone. Now the added silencing well heck id buy a few pairs right at first sale!!!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I will be testing out the new props , The 4 blades against the Master Screw Blades , im hoping for a significant difference. I will keep you posted and I received two designs that need to be tested .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Hey

I bought the MAS and I can summarize it here with - they make no difference in every respect I tried to the originals.

So your options will be very interesting.

Hey

I bought the MAS and I can summarize it here with - they make no difference in every respect I tried to the originals.

So your options will be very interesting.

When you say no difference are you also referring to the Tone as well. you cannot tell any difference with the Master Screw Props

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on the Water.

Reactions: DroneToJoy
When you say no difference are you also referring to the Tone as well. you cannot tell any difference with the Master Screw Props

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Rain and land on the Water.
Depends on the hearing side and if tone just makes it more pleasant ? in my case I'm looking for actual reduction in noise level ... So to answer, no difference in actual DB.

Could you show flight logs comparing 2 and 4 bladed setup? When adding blades the efficiency typically drops. As in lower RPM to get the same thrust but motor runs at higher power.

My worry is when manoeuvring in wind/sport mode how much room for more amperage there is on DJI's ESCs?

If i pushed my toothpick from 2bladed setup to 4 bladed one of the same pitch amperage requirement would rise at peak. And efficiency would drop at comparable thrust levels.

UPDATED - 9/23 /2021

FYI : Keeping top speed was not the goal , So i am sure there is some loss.
The goal in mind was to dial down the sound by any means , the final Prototype is below

Testing will begin soon on the Final Product.

Here is the twist on version: The Props lock on by twisting the Caps that lock into place.

2021-09-23_13h57_53.png

Reactions: Mrveronn
UPDATED - 9/23 /2021

FYI : Keeping top speed was not the goal , So i am sure there is some loss.
The goal in mind was to dial down the sound by any means , the final Prototype is below

Testing will begin soon on the Final Product.

Here is the twist on version: The Props lock on by twisting the Caps that lock into place.

View attachment 135238
That's cool. I wonder what would be effect of using Stealth props as well ;] My point was not about top speed not being achieved. More of a maximum current that will flow within the RPM limit and the risk of blowing up or reducing lifespan of ESCs.

Chasing lower noise is a worthy pusuit. And for those that say the mini 2 is quiet enough... this just means you can fly faster and annoy less people!

When adding blades the efficiency typically drops. As in lower RPM to get the same thrust but motor runs at higher power.
There is a lot more to it then just the number of blades. Pitch and diameter also have a large effect on efficiency. If the diameter is smaller and/or the pitch is less it would be possible to have the same amount of lift at the same RPM as the 2 blade design. He hasn't said the pitch and diameter compared to the OEM blades is so we have no idea what the final effect will be.

There is a lot more to it then just the number of blades. Pitch and diameter also have a large effect on efficiency. If the diameter is smaller and/or the pitch is less it would be possible to have the same amount of lift at the same RPM as the 2 blade design. He hasn't said the pitch and diameter compared to the OEM blades is so we have no idea what the final effect will be.
That's absolutely correct But to have roughly same lift at similar rpm on 4 blades as on 2 either pitch and or diameter would be smaller incurring even greater loss in efficiency. And it doesn't look like there's a decrease in diameter. Pitch is harder to judge. Let's hope it all pans out. Perhaps sharing some flight logs would dispel a lot of questions. With power draw at speed and hover.

I'd just love to see some objective numbers when it comes to side-effects of using this solution to quiet down the drone.

Do they push motors harder. What's the responsiveness. How's the motor temp with higher torque requirement and restricted cooling. If any of those things are significantly impacted or just negligible.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS