DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product ! Sound Catching Prop Covers ( Fly more quiet than ever before )

We will be testing the MINI 2 Rescue Jackets Tonight for a long Distance Flight for those asking ,
and will add the Nitro Flash Light as well with the new Sound Catchers.

Here is the picture :} This light has the movable head lamp which can be tilted up and down and locks in place with the Mini 2 Wet Suit.

This is the light I wear on my hat and than just attaches to the wet suit very cool :cool:

screenshot_289.png

Reactions: sage32
Well this brings up a very interesting concept. Probably best to stop reading here if worried about your warranty. However, more blade area, would mean that the props could turn slower. Running the motor slower, may mean that it's not operating in a zone that DJI has optimized it for. Almost everyone has heard of torque curve graphs for engines but motors have their own curves. I'm sure these are optimized for their stock configuration. Still though, having an option for quieter ops might be great if the efficiency trade off is small enough. My first interest in this subject was in the area of making a different prop for the FPV that was quieter and more efficient, even if sacrificing speed or acceleration. (Not wanting to take the thread off topic)

In general, efficiency will be found with fewer blades, with higher 'solidity' which is coverage of the prop arc with slower rotational speeds. Obviously, real world constraints prevent an infinitely large single blade, turning infinitely slowly. ? But, something other than two blades on Mavics or three blades on FPV would be interesting. I'll be staying tuned for more about these products.

Reactions: MTM
Well this brings up a very interesting concept. Probably best to stop reading here if worried about your warranty. However, more blade area, would mean that the props could turn slower. Running the motor slower, may mean that it's not operating in a zone that DJI has optimized it for. Almost everyone has heard of torque curve graphs for engines but motors have their own curves. I'm sure these are optimized for their stock configuration. Still though, having an option for quieter ops might be great if the efficiency trade off is small enough. My first interest in this subject was in the area of making a different prop for the FPV that was quieter and more efficient, even if sacrificing speed or acceleration. (Not wanting to take the thread off topic)

In general, efficiency will be found with fewer blades, with higher 'solidity' which is coverage of the prop arc with slower rotational speeds. Obviously, real world constraints prevent an infinitely large single blade, turning infinitely slowly. ? But, something other than two blades on Mavics or three blades on FPV would be interesting. I'll be staying tuned for more about these products.
We are working on the 3 blade system for the Air 2/S and Mavic 2 Pro but will use our own blades with that system.
Nothing in the Pipe line for the FPV from us.

Thank you
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain and land on the water.

Reactions: sage32
This is true , 68 db is to 73 db is not to bad , but we needed to set the bar as to what is possible.
The mini 2 at 58 db is really refreshing and with how many posts about blocked motors still needed ,

I love the slogan quiet as a church mouse, and I might name her Mouse , its a great name thank you
What about a name for AIR 2S ??

Here she is in this movie : Suicide Sun.
That is a fine little video. How about GAL, you know, the female version of 2001 A Space Odyssey villain , or, “Bruce,“, given that Springsteen wrote “blinded by the light.“

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
YES ! Its a Multi Blade Helicopter when you add the EXTRA 2 DJI Blades making it 4 of them on each motor.
YES ! that is where the Volume Reduction comes from , but tone is important also
and we added a little something to change the Tone , very similar to a Helicopter and hope to get a Patent on it.

For the record all i care about is my neighbors being happy :p

For those not understanding :

Here is a traditional Prop: If this is all we did , there would be no reason to file a patent but that was not the floor plan that was engineered.

View attachment 130045

We utilized DJI blades already Existing , with the option to add on Two more DJI blades making it 4 DJI blades which as other Experts on the Forum have noted is the very best way to reduce Sound .

But there was something that was added to the Prop Covers that does change the tone , will show it off soon enough. I think at 240 frames a second it might show up nicely. Were working on that.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on the Water, and maybe fly as quiet as a mouse.
If interested please PM me will put you on the list.
1622933599910.png
Star mouse, as opposed to church mouse. Not to be confused with Mini Mouse. See what I did there? LOL

That is a fine little video. How about GAL, you know, the female version of 2001 A Space Odyssey villain , or, “Bruce,“, given that Springsteen wrote “blinded by the light.“
I love throwing in Easter Eggs ! I do it every now and than.

So 3000 People viewed this tread and your the only one that commented on that Suicide Sun Video,

so I will PM you , and let me know what Wet Suit Setup you want. Its on the house.

Talk soon ,
Well done. and thanks for the Great Response. ?️ ? ?

Reactions: Made2Phly
But it's all moot because you are misunderstanding what that means as much as he is in how to measure it.

The perceived noise reduction I learned studying recording is the rule of thumb that a 10db power increase, when measured on a similarly weighted scale and at a similarly rated distance and/or circumstances is a perceived / aka "psychoacoustical" halving of loudness.

Feel free to change fact to ‘perception’ if it makes you less grumpy. But best check what you type first - a power increase does not reduce loudness.

Last edited:
We are working on the 3 blade system for the Air 2/S and Mavic 2 Pro but will use our own blades with that system.
Nothing in the Pipe line for the FPV from us.
Warranty issues?
You made a claim that appears to contradict DJI's warranty conditions.
You seem to have trouble responding to the simple question that's been asked several times in this thread.

So these aren't approved by DJI and could void the DJI warranty ?
The Sound Catchers have not been released yet , nor have the Terms of Service for this New product.

These Terms of Service will be in great depth as we work with both DJI and the Manufacturer to determine there status.
If there not covered under the Warranty will let you know , on our web page Phantomrain.org before the release .

Although are other Product have not voided the DJI Warranty we do not know yet about the Sound Catchers .

And : if they are not covered under warranty : My Company Phantomrain.org was designed to offer OPTIONS and let people make there own decisions.

Although we will do our best !

I myself cannot let Warranties Rule me the with FEAR and PANIC as i will always want the Option to make my own decision's and I can only hope that others will feel the same.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

I myself cannot let Warranties Rule me the with FEAR and PANIC as i will always want the Option to make my own decision's and I can only hope that others will feel the same.
I'm sure you do, but you need to be a lot more careful with your words.
Back in post #22 you said:
And your wrong about the Warranty : All of our Products are covered under the DJI warranty as well as the
Wet Suits and the Rescue Jackets as will be the Prop Covers. Thank you.

It's clear that this just isn't true.
You are implying that your merchandise wouldn't void the DJI warranty if DJI determined it to be the cause of an incident, but this is false.

Last edited:
Reactions: mullern88
I'm sure you do, but you need to be a lot more careful with your words.
Back in post #22 you said:
And your wrong about the Warranty : All of our Products are covered under the DJI warranty as well as the
Wet Suits and the Rescue Jackets as will be the Prop Covers. Thank you.

It's clear that this just isn't true.
You are implying that your merchandise wouldn't void the DJI warranty if DJI determined it to be the cause of an incident, but this is false.

To Clarify None of the Products that are being sold thus far will void the DJI warranty including the Prop Covers which come with all the Wet Suits.

The Sound Catchers that Utilize the DJI blades are a completely different Product as they are made out of high grade Aluminum and will require a completely different install than the Wet Suits.

Thanks for helping me make that more clear.

Once the Sound Catchers are released : All Terms of Service will be posted for this product before being sold.

Phantomrain.org
Coal

Thanks for helping me make that more clear.
You haven't made anything clear at all.
To Clarify None of the Products that are being sold thus far will void the DJI warranty including the Prop Covers which come with all the Wet Suits.
Does DJI know that you are claiming this?
Have they approved your products and advised that they would honour a warranty claim if it was shown that they caused loss or damage to a drone?

You really need to be careful about the claims you are making.

Warranty issues?
You made a claim that appears to contradict DJI's warranty conditions.
You seem to have trouble responding to the simple question that's been asked several times in this thread.
We have been working with DJI for the last 4 years and have sold thousands of Wet Suits and Rescue jackets and not a single Incident was ever been denied because of a Wet Suit or Prop Cover or Rescue Jacket .

The Beauty of the Forum is that it Speaks Volumes of the Past : Type in claims denied and you wont find a single thread where a claim was denied because of a Phantomrain.org the Wet Suit or Rescue Jacket or skins or the Lunar Landing Pad .

But the Sound Catchers are a different type of Product , and not even for sale yet so we dont know yet.

As to the Website and the Products sold we dont offer or claim anything about DJI warranty or Claims or Guarantee.
its just never been needed to sell the Products .

Regards making any Claims , I am going to let the Clients decide what Numbers should be posted for the Sound Catchers using there own Recorders, its a great idea. its a brilliant idea , and I am so thankful for it.

With that said , lets give those interested a Break.
Do you realize that you have been hammering this subject with me for 3 years. Rain ? Warranty / its Relentless on every new product that we developed and brought into the market ???

Im Exhausted: For 3 years I have given you the utmost respect even when you Hi Jack my threads , and I will continue to do so because I think of you like an owner of the forum , but I am asking you to please stop.

Reactions: Mrveronn
We have been working with DJI for the last 4 years and have sold thousands of Wet Suits and Rescue jackets and not a single Incident was ever been denied because of a Wet Suit or Prop Cover or Rescue Jacket .
That doesn't mean that DJI approves them or that DJI wouldn't walk away from a rwarranty claim if they caused a flight incident.
As to the Website and the Products sold we dont offer or claim anything about DJI warranty or Claims or Guarantee.
its just never been needed to sell the Products .
You made that claim back in post #22 and made a big effort to ignore my questions about the claim.
With that said , lets give those interested a Break.
Do you mean lets not mention that these are not approved by DJI?
Do you realize that you have been hammering this subject with me for 3 years. Rain ? Warranty / its Relentless on every new product that we developed and brought into the market ???
This thread is the first time I've questioned you about your claim that DJI warranty would not be affected by your products.

How do you want them to be used and how long will it take someone to switch them back to the standard two DJI blades?

Will that than be the Original motor tops, so in other words if I were to sell my Mini 2 , would something be different about the drone or would it be the exact same drone ?

How do you want them to be used and how long will it take someone to switch them back to the standard two DJI blades?

Will that than be the Original motor tops, so in other words if I were to sell my Mini 2 , would something be different about the drone or would it be the exact same drone ?

There were two schools of thought , Twist and Lock which was painless and Screws , I always opt for what is Frustration free in all our products except in this case and we already had the Mold done so it was a choice.

We decided on the Screws which was more secure over the ease of the Twist and Lock.

So you will have to remove the two screws to get back to the original untouched DJI props
all the Modifications are built into the Sound Catchers.

So there are no modifications to the drone and as posted the weight stays at 249 grams with the Sound Catchers

How we might use them !

I do not think you want to change the Props in the field as you need focus to do that so you just
need to determine before you fly what blades you want to use.

For me when the neighbors are home, barbecuing , out on the deck , or I am at the park or at the boating dock.
or there are Deer or the blue Heron out on the River , I am going take the time to use the Sound Catchers.

If i want to hot rod in sport mode or long distance , most likely just revert back to the Original DJI two blade props.

For me its just that Simple : The Option to use it when I need it ...

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain or very quietly.

Are you really claiming you are reducing the level of noise by a factor of 10? Really?
Being pedantic, he's effectively claiming the mod reduces the amount of power lost to producing sound waves by a factor of 10, which would be remarkable, but it doesn't sound quite so implausible as "reducing the level of noise by a factor of 10."

Being pedantic, he's effectively claiming the mod reduces the amount of power lost to producing sound waves by a factor of 10, which would be remarkable, but it doesn't sound quite so implausible as "reducing the level of noise by a factor of 10."

Had to think about that one! But adding two additional blades increases overall friction which needs power to overcome it but as a byproduct of reducing the required rotational speed to maintain hover, the audible frequency reduces, which does more to give an apparent reduction in perceived sound levels than any miraculous new technology.

Had to think about that one! But adding two additional blades increases overall friction which needs power to overcome it but as a byproduct of reducing the required rotational speed to maintain hover, the audible frequency reduces, which does more to give an apparent reduction in perceived sound levels than any miraculous new technology.
Well, that's changing the subject -- my comment was in reference to your "factor of 10" incredulity -- but it is true that reducing the amount of power lost to sound waves does not necessarily mean greater efficiency if there is an increase in the amount of power lost to heat. And it is true that a lower frequency sound wave will have lower peaks than a higher frequency sound wave at the same power level. (E.g., if a sound wave is represented graphically, the power is represented by the area under the curve, not the peaks.) Anyway, your beef now seems to be that it's not a "miraculous new technology," so I'll leave you to it.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scottyg2s