DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Product ! Sound Catching Prop Covers ( Fly more quiet than ever before )

You made some valid points , and you gave me a Fantastic IDEA ! Thank you !

When everyone that participated in the different forums downloaded the Decibel Meter App which is free by way to download and use >

The over whelming number presented by those that used the app to measure there MINI 2 while it was hovering 3 ft away was 68 DB

NOW 68 DB means a lot to me and the list is to long :oops:

it only makes sense now that I will advertise whatever DB Number they come up with after using the NEW SOUND CATCHERS and the Mobile Decibel Meter App.

One interesting thing to note:

The goal was not to lower the volume as much as to change the Tone which to me was more important.
The lower volume was a added plus , because I knew how much difference the Master Screw Props make and all they do is change the tone but the Neighbors really appreciated it and I loved it ...

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your MINI 2 in the Rain.
You still haven't answered POST #35's question; "Has DJI approved these products for use with their drones?"

I remember when you came out with the wet suit, you had a bunch of na Sayers, keep doing what your doing.

• Love
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Reactions: Gagey52
I remember when you came out with the wet suit, you had a bunch of na Sayers, keep doing what your doing.

True, not sure why, innovation is good.
Maybe it's something about a commercial venture, profit making, but then all our drone accessories are from similar commercial ventures.
At least this supplier is an approved vendor and supports this very forum, very much appreciated.

Even if something isn't quite as popular as one would hope, even sometimes a failure, we wouldn't progress without people trying to improve things.

Imagine if some little private biz can complete on something like props, up against MAS and the likes.
Maybe this vendor can solve the MA2 lack of aftermarket stealthy props, and beat MAS to that (they've failed to get something out for the MA2 as yet).

Yes I can confirm that it will work with the Mini also.

Email me at [email protected]
or PM me or both to be on the list.

Thank you
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini/2 in the Rain , Land on Water and fly very quietly.
Question for Phantom Rain regarding your flotation device. Is it safe to use it in salt water? I would be afraid to. I would use it in freshwater, but salt is risky, at least for my taste. Do you have any recommendations. Your flotation device is one of the better ones I have seen on the market.

Question for Phantom Rain regarding your flotation device. Is it safe to use it in salt water? I would be afraid to. I would use it in freshwater, but salt is risky, at least for my taste. Do you have any recommendations. Your flotation device is one of the better ones I have seen on the market.

The Mini 2 Rescue Jacket : Really designed for Rescue Only on the Salt Water , but the Floatation Device itself is fine in the Salt Water. Where it really pays off is when you want to skim the water but get caught in a forced landing , That is when it can really save you.

Out of the All the Drones we have tested , The Mini 2 and the Mini is the Fastest to land on the water . Thus the rescue Jacket can save your drone from extinction and allow you to use your Refresh and save the SD card. .

All the other drones put up a little bit of a fight as you can see in our videos on the website. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your MINI 2 in the Rain and land on the Water.

And your wrong about the Warranty : All of our Products are covered under the DJI warranty as well as the
Wet Suits and the Rescue Jackets as will be the Prop Covers. Thank you.
So these aren't approved by DJI and could void the DJI warranty ?

Reactions: offtheback
I watched all the videos . Its impressive and using the DJI blades was clever but why not make your own Props ?
Was also wondering if you could post a side by side video so I could hear both of them.

The new website is really nice but i miss the the old one , also on the list.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
So you are saying you are not even using a device designed to measure sound pressure levels? But you are happy to make a claim using a cheap app on a smartphone?

Caveat Emptor!

For Pete’s sake. You don’t need a calibrated industrial sound meter to tell that one thing is 3dB or 6dB quieter; those are relative measurements and I’ve found the iPhone apps to be just fine for that.

Why not wait until the product ships and then read the reviews instead of hypothesizing about something no one but the developer knows much about?

I did something similar for my Mavic Air. Now this was a really noisy drone. I used different blades that had vortex reducing tips and of course more blades, up to six. The machine was much quieter. High cost of manufacture ended the project for me. Soon DJI came out with the much quieter Mavic Air 2. I also have a mini 2 and don't think it's noisy at all.
You can watch my test video below.
Mavic Air Silent Propellers
I also found that adding more blades reduced the control response a bit because the motor had to work harder to change rpm.

I did something similar for my Mavic Air. Now this was a really noisy drone. I used different blades that had vortex reducing tips and of course more blades, up to six. The machine was much quieter. High cost of manufacture ended the project for me. Soon DJI came out with the much quieter Mavic Air 2. I also have a mini 2 and don't think it's noisy at all.
You can watch my test video below.
Mavic Air Silent Propellers
I also found that adding more blades reduced the control response a bit because the motor had to work harder to change rpm.

Its a great video, and great effort , but its not similar in any way to our product .

We have so much more going on , but its a good to see that were so far out of the box .

Mini 2 Sound Catchers are just a concept , they will be applied to other drones if were lucky enough to at least get the Utility Patent in place.

I think you will find it very interesting , not only the concept but the Frequency Disruptor ,
we just need a better camera to show that off coming soon.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your DJI in the Rain.

Reactions: DroneToJoy
Are you really claiming you are reducing the level of noise by a factor of 10? Really?
Its been awhile since I studied this but my failing memory tells me DB is logarithmic and in terms of power and also sound, every 3db doubles the power or volume. A 10 DB change would be about a 3x change in power or volume.

Its been awhile since I studied this but my failing memory tells me DB is logarithmic and in terms of power and also sound, every 3db doubles the power or volume. A 10 DB change would be about a 3x change in power or volume.

3 dB doubles the power, but 10 dB is a factor of 10. You're trying to linearly add a logarithmic function. Check out any dB calculator on the internet ... like Decibel Calculator | dB Calculator | Electronics Notes

Reactions: SkyeHigh
I watched all the videos . Its impressive and using the DJI blades was clever but why not make your own Props ?
Was also wondering if you could post a side by side video so I could hear both of them.

The new website is really nice but i miss the the old one , also on the list.

We may end up making our own props in the future , but DJI makes some good blades.

We also wanted to keep the MINI 2 under the 249 grams , so that was accomplished .

I do miss the old website also, but we applied for the DJI Authorized Distributor for North America Enterprise Division.
and had to follow there protocol for a professional website so there Products could be added. . if were approved.

Are you really claiming you are reducing the level of noise by a factor of 10? Really?
He isn't claiming that, he's claiming only what he claimed-- he saw his phone say 10db less.

But it's all moot because you are misunderstanding what that means as much as he is in how to measure it.

The perceived noise reduction I learned studying recording is the rule of thumb that a 10db power increase, when measured on a similarly weighted scale and at a similarly rated distance and/or circumstances is a perceived / aka "psychoacoustical" halving of loudness.

And anyway-- the drone's volume: The props, being as small as they are and spinning so quickly, aren't creating much in the way of loudness, or what an audio engineer would call loudness, or what a garbage nonsense chart of "the common loudness of ****" on the internet would tell you-- we've entered into the psychoacoustical realm where a buzzing bee is perceived as louder / aka stimulating / frightening / noticeable to the brain than someone turning up the bass slowly at a party where, if it were sudden, would make your ears bleed.

And that's that, and apologies in advance if I came off like a jerk because I'm a bit grumpy and overtired today.

Still, I think adding props is cool. What no one has asked themselves is WHY adding more changes things. That's the interesting question.

And what about this is an airfoil? I don't see that at all.

edit: oh it looks like I should've read past page 1

Is there a dispute about how DJI sells their products? Surely they're free to choose who they partner with?

[to be read twice :cool:]
HUH ? No there is no dispute , The thread is about those interested in Sound Catchers for there Mini 2 as an option to make them more quiet.

If your interested you can email me
at [email protected] or Pm me or both

Will be sold out soon enough for the First run. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike