DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New Remote ID law vs the Remote ID feature in Go4

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhung516

Reactions
Could someone pls explain how the new Remote ID law is in any way different than what DJI is already doing inside the Go4 app since 3 years ago? And what about the AeroScope technology that possibly has been allowing airports etc to track all DJI drones regardless you opt-in or not?

Moderator note: the article immediately above is from 2017 and not pertinent currently.

Reactions: marnat3
Could someone pls explain how the new Remote ID law is in any way different than what DJI is already doing inside the Go4 app since 3 years ago? And what about the AeroScope technology that possibly has been allowing airports etc to track all DJI drones regardless you opt-in or not?

Does that mean I am good with my 2 Mavic Pro rigs? As long as I check the appropriate boxes voluntarily my RID should be available. Right?

The Mavics do not have RID implemented. DJI added settings to their apps 3 years ago to allow pilots to have their personal information to show up on AeroScope.

Thanks for this question. As with many of us, I am wondering about this too.

Am I misreading this? Or does this not go far enough for the new rules?

Attachments

• InkedScreenshot_20210103-143146_LI.jpg
    InkedScreenshot_20210103-143146_LI.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 25
Am I misreading this? Or does this not go far enough for the new rules?
It is misleading, but it's not the RID that FAA has defined. This is for AeroScope. DJI put out a news release on this, back in December of 2017.
DJI Introduces Voluntary Flight Identification Options For Drone Pilots said:
Recent updates to the DJI GO 4 app and DJI drone firmware, made available first for the DJI Mavic Pro last week, will allow pilots to choose whether or not to broadcast additional information about their flight operations, if they believe it will be helpful to ease any concerns about their flights. Professional pilots and pilots who fly near sensitive locations may choose to do this routinely.

Once updated, the DJI GO 4 app will display a “remote identification” menu in the main controller settings. This menu gives pilots the option to broadcast their “UUID,” a unique user identification code tied to each pilot’s DJI GO account, and “Identification & Flight Information,” if a pilot chooses to enter information into them. The default setting for both options is to not broadcast them, and these settings can be changed at any time.

Ok. I had read that before. That is where I got my hopes up.
Then I hope its just a matter of updating the Go4 app to bring it into compliance with the new rules.
Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Willyc32
Continue this discussion on the main thread for the benefit of all users:

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member