DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

New to Air 2S, battery update question

kenjancef

Reactions
I've had an Air 2 since June 2020, but just bought a 2S from a friend, and got 5 batteries with it. He didn't fly it much, so I knew it needed firmware updates. I applied the latest update to the drone and controller. I always thought that you had to also put in each battery to have the battery updated. I tried that, and it did say an update was available. When I went to apply it, it quickly says update was applied. If I try it again with the same battery, it does the same thing.

Do batteries still need to be updated? If so, what's the method??

That does mean that the update did no take most likely do to a firmware update elsewhere.
Make sure both the app, the drone have updated software and firmware .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: kenjancef
Some updates don't affect the battery, they are firmware for the AC only.

On the last update, you had to update the batteries as well. So, every time you put a different battery on, it's gonna need to update. I use the DJI Assistant 2 on my computer to do any updates.

On the last update, you had to update the batteries as well. So, every time you put a different battery on, it's gonna need to update. I use the DJI Assistant 2 on my computer to do any updates.

The battery updates mysteriously started working yesterday... not sure why there was a delay, but all batteries are now updated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne